***JoS Logo proposal***

For those who wish to establish a relationship with Satan.

Topics of discussion include: Demons, Magick, Satanic Witchcraft and much more!

http://www.joyofsatan.org/

Moderator: High Priest Jake Carlson

dafassss
Posts: 11

***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby dafassss » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:09 pm

Image

If you like it, below you can find the .png files :D

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FlamingRedRose666
Posts: 455

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby FlamingRedRose666 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:31 pm

This is awesome!!!


One question, are those wings coming out from the Serpent's back?
HAIL ALL OF THE TRUE GODS OF DUAT!!

"He, who states he is a man, but provides no proof but bad examples for the new generation to follow, should be ashamed of himself, for he knows nothing of what it means to be a REAL MAN." - Lord Hael

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:08 pm

The letters I like the least are the J and the y. I do like your y better then the old one but its tail still bothers me for some reason. The J could use some toughening up to be less smooth, it doesn't feel strong now if that makes sense. Or the lower curvy part of the J could be used as stylised wadjet eye (just a random idea). Would replacing the y with a Satan sigil look any good ?! Or changing the tail like it could dash towards the left or make a sowilo perhaps?

Your other letters look gorgeous. The snake S has my approval.
The t has also some potential to turn into a Satan sigil (his sigil with the cup). Or (incoming great idea) you could give it a swastika shape (be it nazi or classic hindu), or a celtic cross, or an iron cross. I would love a swastika in there, the other crosses are just filler to seem less political. But we are so openly nazis now that does it even matter anymore ?

Blood red by itself is a nice color imo but I am not convinced when it's only blood red on black background. It may subconsciously not be well taken. Plus it departs from Satan's color scheme (red/blue) and from the red used in other parts of the website. The golden variation..not convinced there.. it's stylish but so.. impersonal ?

User avatar
ess
Posts: 221

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby ess » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:13 pm

dafassss wrote:...

Sexy
Heil Satan!
Heil Azazel!

User avatar
FlamingRedRose666
Posts: 455

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby FlamingRedRose666 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:40 pm

Sinistra wrote:The letters I like the least are the J and the y. I do like your y better then the old one but its tail still bothers me for some reason.


I looked closer and it looks like the usual depictions of the "Devil" stuff.
HAIL ALL OF THE TRUE GODS OF DUAT!!

"He, who states he is a man, but provides no proof but bad examples for the new generation to follow, should be ashamed of himself, for he knows nothing of what it means to be a REAL MAN." - Lord Hael

HP. Hoodedcobra666
Posts: 2608

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby HP. Hoodedcobra666 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:00 pm

I'll incorporate it on some of our media for sure. Pass it over in my e-mail if you will. Thank you.
-SATAN IS GOD: - http://www.satanisgod.org
-Kabbalah Exposed: - http://www.kabbalahexposed.com/


http://www.josmarket.org/ Open - Full Orders Currently Closed Due To Time Constraints.

User avatar
sip
Posts: 248
Location: 666

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby sip » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:12 am

FlamingRedRose666 wrote:
Sinistra wrote:The letters I like the least are the J and the y. I do like your y better then the old one but its tail still bothers me for some reason.


I looked closer and it looks like the usual depictions of the "Devil" stuff.


Tail portion reminds me of the typical Saturnian 'swoop' elements in a lot of modern logos we see out there.
JusticeForEddie.com #FreeEddie
www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/10/19/charged-with-war-crimes-and-stuck-in-the-brig-a-navy-seal-vows-to-fight-on/
Under siege from Commander (((Rosenbloom)))

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 1711
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Stormblood » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:41 am

I love these!! but I agree with Sinistra about the Y.

User avatar
Lydia
Posts: 670
Location: Satan's Earth
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Lydia » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:17 am

I really love the S :) The a's look good too.

I'm not a fan of that shade of red, it looks faded/dull, not bright like Satanic energy should be. And having it in blue would be great as well, as it is one of Satan's colors. Great work though :)

User avatar
Larissa666
Posts: 596
Location: Earth, Satan's Kingdom

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Larissa666 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:41 am

You want my personal opinion? I do not want change.

I like the old logo, it gives me sense of familiarity and good memories every time I visit forum or the site. That logo has been there since early 2010 when I dedicated, and it still there, I like that.

I just might be old fashioned, but this is still my opinion. You people are free to do as you will.
People who do not respect themselves do not deserve my respect either.

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:43 am

Hoodedcobra666 wrote:I'll incorporate it on some of our media for sure. Pass it over in my e-mail if you will. Thank you.

Wait a bit please, I will make an alternate version (with a swastika and all..) :)

User avatar
Scion of Atlantis
Posts: 158
Location: Atlantean-Aryan Empire

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Scion of Atlantis » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:22 am

[quote="dafassss"][/quote]
Your ideas are very good, and my commendations on your 2D design skill as well. I can't wait to see what you will come up with next.

I agree with Lydia in that more blue should be used and the colors should be more vibrant.
Joy of Satan website saved via screenshots by Ol argedco luciftias (.zip file):
https://mega.nz/#F!vsVhBQbK!4_NoFzwxnmi5Q2ZW3JE86A

Hail Lerajie! Goddess of Love and Pleasure.

HP. Hoodedcobra666
Posts: 2608

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby HP. Hoodedcobra666 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Larissa666 wrote:You want my personal opinion? I do not want change.

I like the old logo, it gives me sense of familiarity and good memories every time I visit forum or the site. That logo has been there since early 2010 when I dedicated, and it still there, I like that.

I just might be old fashioned, but this is still my opinion. You people are free to do as you will.


Yes, I do not believe anything on the main JoS needs a change. I agree on the same grounds as you.

The site is also working perfectly even in windows 98 which is what many places, do STILL use. Most libraries in the world they use either windows 98 or windows XP at this point.

But some new websites of ours could use some media. I think when people see it incorporated they will like it.
-SATAN IS GOD: - http://www.satanisgod.org
-Kabbalah Exposed: - http://www.kabbalahexposed.com/


http://www.josmarket.org/ Open - Full Orders Currently Closed Due To Time Constraints.

dafassss
Posts: 11

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby dafassss » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Thank you all guys for your feedback :D

The "Y" letter is 90% similar to the actual logo, you can see it clearly.

Why didn't i changed it?

You can find the answer below ;)

Image

ArgelAstari
Posts: 17

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby ArgelAstari » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Hoodedcobra666 wrote:
Larissa666 wrote:You want my personal opinion? I do not want change.

I like the old logo, it gives me sense of familiarity and good memories every time I visit forum or the site. That logo has been there since early 2010 when I dedicated, and it still there, I like that.

I just might be old fashioned, but this is still my opinion. You people are free to do as you will.


Yes, I do not believe anything on the main JoS needs a change. I agree on the same grounds as you.

The site is also working perfectly even in windows 98 which is what many places, do STILL use. Most libraries in the world they use either windows 98 or windows XP at this point.

But some new websites of ours could use some media. I think when people see it incorporated they will like it.


Accessibly should be the most important thing for sure. I do think that more modern design would attract people better for sure, I remember still being at my skeptic phase towards Spiritual Satanism and thinking "Hmm if those people really have spiritual powers then they would invest in a better look" Which was rather immature :D and I've learned not to judge a book by it's cover since then thankfully. Surely there can be some compromise.

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Sure we can cut the J and any other changes. But there is just no point to work for no reason. If the authorities in competence want me to do a model or do changes I'll do it according to any fine specifications they give.

HP. Hoodedcobra666
Posts: 2608

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby HP. Hoodedcobra666 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:00 pm

dafassss wrote:Thank you all guys for your feedback :D

The "Y" letter is 90% similar to the actual logo, you can see it clearly.

Why didn't i changed it?

You can find the answer below ;)

Image


I like it as it is, personally.
-SATAN IS GOD: - http://www.satanisgod.org
-Kabbalah Exposed: - http://www.kabbalahexposed.com/


http://www.josmarket.org/ Open - Full Orders Currently Closed Due To Time Constraints.

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:50 pm

Embrace the otherworldly serenity that comes in the middle of the night with our new model "The Hour of Witchcraft".
Image

User avatar
Grin
Posts: 46

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Grin » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:37 am

I like both but I'm not sure what's better, maybe the first but the t on Satan should be upside down. Since the original cross is a upside cross, so maybe a + like on the second. I think like the first better, but with a better t. Anyways, all of these are great so good job ⛧

I also think if we update the logo, we should get a new JoS website design
Have a great day and Hail Satan!!! ⛧

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:49 am

Image
Now with borders. The J lower curve has also been improved.

User avatar
Dypet Rod
Posts: 569

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Dypet Rod » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:17 am

Sinistra wrote:Embrace the otherworldly serenity that comes in the middle of the night with our new model "The Hour of Witchcraft".
Image


Looks nicer now :) That makes two good ideas for a different Joy of Satan logo.

I just thought that maybe a good way to settle this is that each translation of the Joy of Satan website could use its own logo. I read that you have been translating the JoS to French, so maybe this logo could be used in the French version of the JoS, while dafassss' logo could be used in the Italian version (I assume he's Italian because some of the examples include the inscription La Gioia di Satana under the logo) and so on. I have been thinking of a logo for the Brazilian version too.
Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction

User avatar
FlamingRedRose666
Posts: 455

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby FlamingRedRose666 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:20 am

Sinistra wrote:Image
Now with borders. The J lower curve has also been improved.



The J looks like a resting Bald Eagle! Awesome work! :D
HAIL ALL OF THE TRUE GODS OF DUAT!!

"He, who states he is a man, but provides no proof but bad examples for the new generation to follow, should be ashamed of himself, for he knows nothing of what it means to be a REAL MAN." - Lord Hael

DiscipleOfSatan
Posts: 73

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby DiscipleOfSatan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:10 am

I personally like the current logo, and i don't see a reason why it should be changed. But i would love to see a modernization of the Joy Of Satan site, such as some adjustments in the text fonts, and the graphics, to make it look better aesthetically, and up to date.

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:44 am

FlamingRedRose666 wrote:
Sinistra wrote:Image
Now with borders. The J lower curve has also been improved.



The J looks like a resting Bald Eagle! Awesome work! :D

Wow that's a lot of imagination. You know how some children sometimes like to look at the clouds and see stuff. Well I would always be the mood breaker saying "silly it's just a cloud" :lol:

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Image
For the eagle lovers out there.

User avatar
FlamingRedRose666
Posts: 455

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby FlamingRedRose666 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Sinistra wrote:
FlamingRedRose666 wrote:
Sinistra wrote:Image
Now with borders. The J lower curve has also been improved.



The J looks like a resting Bald Eagle! Awesome work! :D

Wow that's a lot of imagination. You know how some children sometimes like to look at the clouds and see stuff. Well I would always be the mood breaker saying "silly it's just a cloud" :lol:


Lol :lol:

I have a very good imagination according to my chart reading from Lydia.

Nice work nevertheless.
HAIL ALL OF THE TRUE GODS OF DUAT!!

"He, who states he is a man, but provides no proof but bad examples for the new generation to follow, should be ashamed of himself, for he knows nothing of what it means to be a REAL MAN." - Lord Hael

User avatar
FlamingRedRose666
Posts: 455

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby FlamingRedRose666 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:26 pm

Sinistra wrote:Image
For the eagle lovers out there.



Oooh!!! :3333
HAIL ALL OF THE TRUE GODS OF DUAT!!

"He, who states he is a man, but provides no proof but bad examples for the new generation to follow, should be ashamed of himself, for he knows nothing of what it means to be a REAL MAN." - Lord Hael

User avatar
FlamingRedRose666
Posts: 455

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby FlamingRedRose666 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Sinistra wrote:Image
For the eagle lovers out there.



You know what?

That Y looks like my GD Lord Phenex with it's spread wings in a majestic way and a risen head like that of showing off his proudness! :3 :D

a's look like flying ravens to me :D
HAIL ALL OF THE TRUE GODS OF DUAT!!

"He, who states he is a man, but provides no proof but bad examples for the new generation to follow, should be ashamed of himself, for he knows nothing of what it means to be a REAL MAN." - Lord Hael

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:47 pm

FlamingRedRose666 wrote:
Sinistra wrote:Image
For the eagle lovers out there.



You know what?

That Y looks like my GD Lord Phenex with it's spread wings in a majestic way and a risen head like that of showing off his proudness! :3 :D

a's look like flying ravens to me :D

I took inspiration on the Trishula for the Y.

HP. Hoodedcobra666
Posts: 2608

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby HP. Hoodedcobra666 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:10 pm

The last one of these plates is not Iraqi, it's Ancient Greek pottery.
-SATAN IS GOD: - http://www.satanisgod.org
-Kabbalah Exposed: - http://www.kabbalahexposed.com/


http://www.josmarket.org/ Open - Full Orders Currently Closed Due To Time Constraints.

User avatar
Dypet Rod
Posts: 569

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Dypet Rod » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:35 am

Scroll up and check out the letters in the JoS logo at the top of the forum page here, and then check out the letters on the "Stormblast" inscription at the bottom of this Dimmu Borgir album cover.

I suspect whoever designed the current official JoS logo may be a Dimmu Borgir fan haha. Or that's just a coincidence.

Image
Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction

User avatar
Dypet Rod
Posts: 569

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Dypet Rod » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:46 am

Dypet Rod wrote:Scroll up and check out the letters in the JoS logo at the top of the forum page here, and then check out the letters on the "Stormblast" inscription at the bottom of this Dimmu Borgir album cover.

I suspect whoever designed the current official JoS logo may be a Dimmu Borgir fan haha. Or that's just a coincidence.

Image


Actually, I just checked older versions of the JoS on Wayback Machine, and I saw that the current logo has been in use since before this version of Stormblast was released. So it's actually the other way around. There is a chance Dimmu Borgir knows the Joy of Satan.
Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction

SdD
Posts: 272

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby SdD » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 am

Dypet Rod wrote:
Dypet Rod wrote:Scroll up and check out the letters in the JoS logo at the top of the forum page here, and then check out the letters on the "Stormblast" inscription at the bottom of this Dimmu Borgir album cover.

I suspect whoever designed the current official JoS logo may be a Dimmu Borgir fan haha. Or that's just a coincidence.

Image


Actually, I just checked older versions of the JoS on Wayback Machine, and I saw that the current logo has been in use since before this version of Stormblast was released. So it's actually the other way around. There is a chance Dimmu Borgir knows the Joy of Satan.


Melhor… ou o ilustrador conhece, ou simplesmente usaram a mesma fonte, a não ser que as fontes de JoS sejam originais…

User avatar
Dypet Rod
Posts: 569

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Dypet Rod » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:39 pm

SdD wrote:Melhor… ou o ilustrador conhece, ou simplesmente usaram a mesma fonte, a não ser que as fontes de JoS sejam originais…


Sim, algumas das fontes usadas no site podem também ser encontradas pra download em sites especializados em fontes.
Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction

Hps.mlimlal666
Posts: 96
Location: Pandemonium
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Hps.mlimlal666 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:54 pm

There is some grammar mistake. However, I am not fond of the T it looks like a cross.
Your logo is creative.
Hail Satan and all Gods of Duat .

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:21 am

Dypet Rod wrote:

Interesting.
It's more likely that it's a free edgy font and it was a coincidence.
Dimmu Burger is kind of a fast food brand as far as black metal is concerned, and this album in particular, it's a cheap remake of their second album of the same name, Stormblast (1996) which wasn't that great either even back then (I'll admit the into of both is engaging). As comparison in 1996 another Norwegian symphonic black metal band, Limbonic Art, released their grandiose masterpiece "Moon in the Scorpio".

User avatar
Dypet Rod
Posts: 569

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Dypet Rod » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:21 am

Sinistra wrote:
Dypet Rod wrote:

Interesting.
It's more likely that it's a free edgy font and it was a coincidence.
Dimmu Burger is kind of a fast food brand as far as black metal is concerned, and this album in particular, it's a cheap remake of their second album of the same name, Stormblast (1996) which wasn't that great either even back then (I'll admit the into of both is engaging). As comparison in 1996 another Norwegian symphonic black metal band, Limbonic Art, released their grandiose masterpiece "Moon in the Scorpio".


Yes, from my experience, most of the custom fonts used on the Joy of Satan can be found online using font-detecting tools like FontSquirrel, which tries to detect the font on a picture.

I like some Dimmu Borgir's songs and they've been my first introduction to black metal as a teenager/pre-teen, but to be honest it gets old really quick.

I'll check out this Moon in the Scorpio album, thanks for the mention. Although I'm not a huge fan of black metal, the type which pleases me the most is really the symphonic variant. I've been listening to a Brazilian symphonic black metal band called Luxúria de Lillith (which translates into "Lillith's Lust"), and they have great instrumental potential with good arrangements, but it's a shame the lyrics are mostly too immature.
Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction

Sinistra
Posts: 610
Contact:

Re: ***JoS Logo proposal***

Postby Sinistra » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:54 pm

Dypet Rod wrote:

I used to listen to some (non-black) symphonic metal way back, but these days I prefer melodic black metal.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Catalincata94 and 12 guests