Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

For Privacy: Vocal Dampener Beltbox

I would venture to estimate that this may have a dampening effect on the ability of vibrated sound to have its full effect.

I don't think it would detract from the effect entirely but certainly to some degree..

However if a person is faced with the option of having no privacy, then something is always better than nothing.

Have you tried this? I bought it, tried it once, and then threw it in the trash.

There was a note somewhere saying something in the likes of: "This product contains chemicals that are thought to cause cancer in the state of California", or something like that. And I was like how in the world can they get away with selling something like this?

As for functionality, I found that I couldn't really do my vibrations properly with the thing on my face. It also smelled strange, and the part of my face covered with the mask got all moist and warm.

Not to be a downer, Egon! I was very enthusiastic about it when I ordered it, but it's a lot of money for something with so many cons. Maybe they improved it since, I don't know. I bought mine about 2 years ago.

Thank you for sharing o/ I might get one for myself, as I often do scream-singing and such. That's more affordable than a vocal booth.

It can also prove quite useful for when you need to vibrate a mantra in a specific period of time everyday, such as with the awakening of the chakras, but you can't be left alone to do it in the following days.

I recall posting this in our old forums. However, I was warned by members not to proceed using it, from their experiences. I was all for it, but with detailed warnings I backed off from purchasing it. I did find some other military styled vocal dampeners but their practicality wasn't very good. So I opted out altogether.

Though this is a great reminder, I might give it a shot an purchase it, but if someone else has had experiences with this their input would be very much appreciated before I do so.

I will also note that, one of the reasons given was something along the lines that the vibrations would be less felt in the soul. And I can understand why. But again others input and their experiences would be very much appreciated!

Centralforce666 said:
I would venture to estimate that this may have a dampening effect on the ability of vibrated sound to have its full effect.

I don't think it would detract from the effect entirely but certainly to some degree..

However if a person is faced with the option of having no privacy, then something is always better than nothing.

That's what I thought, too. It may be more effective for workings on our own soul than on other things that are more remote.

California has a law whereby any product which contains a chemical that could or may cause cancer in any amount (which is often hundreds or thousands of time that present in any given thing) must be labelled in the product.

If even one study, however poorly executed shows that a chemical can cause cancer (vitamin A can cause cancer in too high of a dose) then it is labelled as such.

Personally, if one reads every day on every second product that it will cause cancer, they are likely to get cancer from the long term emotional distress before the minute chemicals in plastic boxes gives it to them.

Centralforce666 said:
California has a law whereby any product which contains a chemical that could or may cause cancer in any amount (which is often hundreds or thousands of time that present in any given thing) must be labelled in the product.

If even one study, however poorly executed shows that a chemical can cause cancer (vitamin A can cause cancer in too high of a dose) then it is labelled as such.

Personally, if one reads every day on every second product that it will cause cancer, they are likely to get cancer from the long term emotional distress before the minute chemicals in plastic boxes gives it to them.

True. The fact I got spooked by it proves your point. It's like how many ads for certain products (even fitness programs or gym memberships) has that "Consult your doctor first" warning. It creates unease and even affects the mass mind.

You could just stick your head in your pillow case and stuff it with pillows, or put a couple of towels around it...or just vibrate things under your bed clothes or while the bath/shower water is running.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back