Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Scented candles

ess said:
layton18000 said:
Hi everyone

I found a place that sells lots of coloured candles, included black ones. Unluckily, they're scented, for example, black ones are opium-scented. Are they still OK to use for everything, as if they were not scented. If so, can the scent of candles substitute incense sticks?

Thanks since now.
Bye.
Doesn't matter if candles are scented or not.

The smell matters.

Because if they were to do a ritual regarding a summoning of a god for whatever purpose (nothing disrespectful), then you wouldn't want the candle to stink, now do you?

The Gods aren't some mindless beings, they have their own tastes and likes, their own differences, etc.etc.

HailMotherLilith said:
The smell matters.

Because if they were to do a ritual regarding a summoning of a god for whatever purpose (nothing disrespectful), then you wouldn't want the candle to stink, now do you?

The Gods aren't some mindless beings, they have their own tastes and likes, their own differences, etc.etc.

You can use your own logic and reasoning to come to the conclusion that I wasn't implying it would be okay to use a candle that smells like shit. I said it doesn't matter if they are scented or not, not "it doesn't matter what they smell like.". You make it hard for me not to insult you.

ess said:
HailMotherLilith said:
The smell matters.

You can use your own logic and reasoning to come to the conclusion that I wasn't implying it would be okay to use a candle that smells like shit. I said it doesn't matter if they are scented or not, not "it doesn't matter what they smell like.". You make it hard for me not to insult you.

O'mighty knowledgeable master, forgive me for misunderstanding this because you only now explained it well! *Bows down to you* Please! Proceed to share your knowledge with us!!

HailMotherLilith said:
ess said:
HailMotherLilith said:
The smell matters.

O'mighty knowledgeable master, forgive me for misunderstanding this because you only now explained it well! *Bows down to you* Please! Proceed to share your knowledge with us!!
You are extremely unintelligent.

ess said:
HailMotherLilith said:
ess said:

If you cannot understand sarcasm and a joke, and just start mindless arguments whenever somebody states a valid point, that it is YOU who is unintelligent.

There are more important things going on right now... If you are serious and dedicated, the Gods will ignore it. I know I would...

ess said:
HailMotherLilith said:
ess said:

I do not understand why you are in the first place attacking someone whom expresses herself.
Then you annoy her again.
Then you insult him/her. AGAIN.

WHAT is your flipping problem?!

You are pestering a comrade in arms and your motives and replies seem questionable to me.
So I will tell you this. Arguments are fine but straight up insulting and rudeness causes disunity. And right now we need to act and stand together as a team to win this thing.
So if you EVER try to insult someone again, know that the readers are watching it too.

One more thing. Everyone comes here at different levels of understanding and knowledge. And we all grow and advance in our own way.
What you experienced is not what someone else experienced. Keep that in mind before you make another post.
And yes I am talking to you ess. This entire post is to you.

T.A.O.L. said:
I do not understand why you are in the first place attacking someone whom expresses herself.

You are pestering a comrade in arms and your motives and replies seem questionable to me.
So I will tell you this. Arguments are fine but straight up insulting and rudeness causes disunity. And right now we need to act and stand together as a team to win this thing.
So if you EVER try to insult someone again, know that the readers are watching it too.

One more thing. Everyone comes here at different levels of understanding and knowledge. And we all grow and advance in our own way.
What you experienced is not what someone else experienced. Keep that in mind before you make another post.
I only respond to her with insults whenever she responds to me with snarkiness with a false sense of superiority. I'm just calling stupid, stupid.

T.A.O.L. said:
ess said:
HailMotherLilith said:

Both of them are acting like children. Why pick just one to criticize?

Here is what you do..... Those jesus and the saints candles they have everywhere you just take a crap in the glass bottle of your favourite saint and stick a fire cracker in the top and lite it this will summon them into the atmosphere of the ritual chamber. That is some nuuuu age magick boiiiiiii….

T.A.O.L. said:
Ess severely lacks tact and could do with learning to be a little softer and more considerate but taking sides and attacking one party while defending the other when both are guilty is not going to do anything to solve the problem. It's only going to breed more contempt. It takes two to tango and it's important to remember that it doesn't matter who starts a fire if someone else is always willing to add fuel to it. And eventually the fire is going to consume more people and drive the rest away(if not against each other), which it is starting to do right now.

There is definitely a clash of personalities here, and maybe some grudges are being held. As it appears to me, and which may be how Ess is taking it is that HML, intentionally or not, makes passive aggressive replies and tries to make Ess look stupid while she tries to take the "high ground", all the while Ess gets offended and defensive and shoots straight back in his blunt fashion and gets stuck with all the blame as a result. This isn't to say that solely one party or the other is at fault here, but they are both responsible for the way things are turning out and the lack of awareness and understanding is not helping matters any.

They would do well to listen to this post:
HailMotherLilith said:
If you haven't noticed, it is Mercury Retrograde currently and you starting arguments shows me that you are acting childishly...

I was only giving a point.
Ironically, HML's post applies as much to her as it does to Ess. I would think that if HML did not have skin in the game herself, she would take her own advice and realize the astrological factors at play, realize that their egos and perspectives clash, have the awareness to adjust her writing so as to clarify her intent, accomodate Mercury Rx and their different perspectives, and defuse the situation before it starts. And not to fuel the fire. The very same goes for Ess, and just as he should have bit his tongue when he felt like gratifying himself by plainly insulting the other and telling her to get stuffed, so too should HML have realized that her backhanded, condescending remarks would only make matters worse.

There are lessons to be learned here if these people would take a moment to step back, detach, and consider perspectives other than their own(and turn towards introspection) and try to understand why they interact the way they do. But it's just easier and maybe even funner for them to find reasons to get offended and attack one another. Though it may be easier, it's not good for anybody, long-term.

Now, I bet that someone is going to spring up and accuse me of taking sides or joining the argument myself here, but this is not my intention. Truthfully, I could not possibly care less about joining in on this gradeschool-tier drama, but when things start escalating and snowballing like it is now, someone has to set the record straight. Seeing satanists at each others throats in disunion over something that does not matter in the long run is ugly and stressful, and I don't want the cracks to deepen and lose anybody over it.

But whatever your views of the situation, they seem to have deeper issues between each other and instead of airing it out here on the forum which could discourage new members and embolden (((the others))) (Yosef Q. Schlomo is probably cumming in his pants right now at the ensuing flamewar), they should at the very least take a deep breath, try to let things go and resist interacting for a while until they cool off and Mercury Rx passes. Then, if they're willing to try to come to an understanding, they can take it to private channels and try to resolve the issues there. If not.. well, they can focus on advancing and getting their own selves sorted out.

I can't believe this fight is still carrying on across threads, and I can't believe I just wrote an essay to address this stupid bullshit, but here we are. One thing is clear, however; they have some growing and maturing to do. And some empathy muscles to build.

@curio @larissa
Thank you for your replies.
Maybe I am taking sides but I have no intention to defend either one.
To solve a problem one needs to understand. And sometimes the only way to do that is to ask questions.
I would like to see this issue solved rather than dragged on for ages.
As to why I went to ess .. is because he/she seemed to lash out. Not just on this topic but Ive also seen it to Aquarius on the race mixing topic.. A post from begin july. Or june if I misremembered.

Change can only come from within.. And sometimes it is hard to see what we can improve on ourselves. This comes with time though.. If properly worked towards.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back