Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Using your diaphragm to help with vocal activities

I'd like to mention a tea called Throat Coat, which supposedly lubricates your vocal chords. Singers and orators drink it and apparently it's a huge help to them(according to the manufacturer).

I don't sing and I don't give speeches so I can't speak for its efficacy there but I have a little trouble doing the guttural pronunciations and this tea helps me do them more accurately and consistently. It also seems to help with the tired throat from doing alot of vibrations and I've found that the ingredients of the spent tea make a pleasant additive to porridge.

Interesting, I haven't heard of this tea before.
Do you think it can be replicated at home?

This is exactly something that I forgot to mention, which is the importance of keeping our vocal cords lubricated when using them for an extended period of time.
From what I know, things like warm milk and honey can do the trick for that. I don't know if they are as effective as this tea, though.

curio said:
I'd like to mention a tea called Throat Coat, which supposedly lubricates your vocal chords. Singers and orators drink it and apparently it's a huge help to them(according to the manufacturer).

I don't sing and I don't give speeches so I can't speak for its efficacy there but I have a little trouble doing the guttural pronunciations and this tea helps me do them more accurately and consistently. It also seems to help with the tired throat from doing alot of vibrations and I've found that the ingredients of the spent tea make a pleasant additive to porridge.

Same i always use my diaphgram it helps a lot. Another tip is having water near you when you do vibrations.

Dypet Rod said:

This is exactly something that I forgot to mention, which is the importance of keeping our vocal cords lubricated when using them for an extended period of time.
From what I know, things like warm milk and honey can do the trick for that. I don't know if they are as effective as this tea, though.

curio said:

I've tried drinking ordinary black tea with milk & honey for throat issues in the past and it didn't do the trick for me. Obviously, everybody's different but I think that Throat Coat must be more effective since it does for me what "conventional" remedies cannot. After all, it is marketed as a medicinal tea for this specific sort of treatment.

As for whether you can replicate it, I don't know anything about herbal medicine but I don't see why you couldn't if you know what you're doing and you can procure the ingredients. People in the health group might be able to help you on this.

Very well pointed.

I used to have a cup of water near me every time I performed an RTR.
But then, due to personal issues, I went over a long period without performing them.

But now I'm back doing the final RTR everyday, and now that you reminded me of that, I'll be sure to have water near me every time I do it again.

luis said:
Same i always use my diaphgram it helps a lot. Another tip is having water near you when you do vibrations.

Well, I might just give it a try, even if I have to buy it.

Thanks for the suggestion o/

curio said:
Dypet Rod said:

curio said:

I've tried drinking ordinary black tea with milk & honey for throat issues in the past and it didn't do the trick for me. Obviously, everybody's different but I think that Throat Coat must be more effective since it does for me what "conventional" remedies cannot. After all, it is marketed as a medicinal tea for this specific sort of treatment.

As for whether you can replicate it, I don't know anything about herbal medicine but I don't see why you couldn't if you know what you're doing and you can procure the ingredients. People in the health group might be able to help you on this.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back