Lammas / Lughnasadh

For those who wish to establish a relationship with Satan.

Topics of discussion include: Demons, Magick, Satanic Witchcraft and much more!

http://www.joyofsatan.com / http://www.joyofsatan.org
Lydia

Lammas / Lughnasadh

Postby Lydia » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:10 pm

Lughnasadh (pronounced LOO-neh-seh), named for the God Lugh, known to us as Azazel.

Lammas day has been changed in modern days to August 1, but in ancient times it was traditionally held on the nearest Full Moon roughly halfway between the summer solstice and autumn equinox. [Note: some people believe it to be when the Sun is at 15 degrees Leo, which will be this Aug 7]

Lammas Day marked the beginning of the harvest season, and the annular wheat harvest, and included celebrations of athletic contests, feasting, trading, and thanking the Gods, especially Lugh/Azazel, for a bountiful harvest. This was also the date to start a fall garden (veggies and herbs that grow in late summer/autumn).

Ways to honor this holiday are making loaves of bread, cakes, pies, and picking berries.

Symbols are grains, gold, grapes, berries.

Hail Satan!
Hail Azazel!

TheFlea

Re: Lammas / Lughnasadh

Postby TheFlea » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:31 pm

Very interesting. I think I will try my hand at making something on this time. I am sadly not much of a baker or cook... So hopefully he will not take offense to what might come out of the oven lol

Shanisvara666

Postby Shanisvara666 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:27 pm

Honoring our Gods is a very wonderful thing SS can share with their families !
Hail Satan !
Hail Azazel!

Astralnaut

Postby Astralnaut » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:16 pm

I have always felt like 15 degrees of Leo would be most appropriate since it would be halfway between the solstice and equinox. Same with Imbolc at 15 degrees of Aquarius.

Lydia

Postby Lydia » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:00 am

I somehow forgot to write that yesterday, the eclipse full moon, would have been Lammas Day. I was in between rounds of the RTR and operating on very little sleep when I wrote this post. I'm sure you all figured it out though :)

@TheFlea, lol! It's the thought that counts :)

HauptSturm

Postby HauptSturm » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:01 am

Preheat your ovens, Goys. It's time to bake a cake for Azazel.
"When you sacrifice for your community, then you can walk with your head held up high." - Adolf Hitler

Lilithdaughter

Postby Lilithdaughter » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:31 am

Have a good day brothers and sisters ..... che gli Dei ci assistano .... Hail Satan sempre

Oniro1836

Postby Oniro1836 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:31 am

Very interesting, these are very useful information.
Is it possible that this can also apply to the other four midseason sabbaths such as imbolc or beltane?
The two solstices and the two equinoxes are based on the position of the earth relative to the sun and can only be celebrated during the day in which they happen, but what about the other four sabbaths?
If things are this way then it means that the four midseason sabbaths correspond to the four moon's esbaths in leo, scorpio, aquarius and taurus and if this is true we could also understand even more what to do during these four satanic festivals and their meanings

Lydia what do you think about this hypothesis?
Do RtRs !

http://www.satanslibrary.org/Rtrs/RTR_English.html RtRs

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/HOME.html JoS

"Ed il diavolo ride con noi! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!"

Hail Satan! Hail Lilith!

Lydia

Postby Lydia » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:50 am

@Astralnaut- that's why I included the alternate date (Aug 7 this year). Until we get the absolute answers from the Gods we can't say for certain, but full moons do represent harvests.

Samhain might be the Scorpio new moon, as that represents the sabbat quite well.

@Oniro1836, Imbolc is Sun at 15 Aquarius. Sun is in detriment in Aquarius, but this is a power date for it. I don't entirely know about the others, other than my theory on Samhain. Insight from Clergy would be great :)

T.A.O.L.

Postby T.A.O.L. » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:58 pm

I think youre right with the scorpio new moon.
The sabbaths nowadays are not based on anything other than date (except for the solstices and equinoxes).
A new moon would mean a solid point. On the dark side of the moon, diminishing.. Oh! Reminds me. I need to double check this but a few years ago I felt gradually more aware towards stuff going on in the days before the traditional halloween date. If that fell together with a new moon..
Ehm.. 5-6 years ago or so.
endmyopia.org

===>> Deactivated <<===

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Thanks for the post sister Lydia. Hopefully more information about the lesser Sabbats surface.

I would personally celebrate at the midpoint between each of the solstices and equinoxes since we are following the sun's position. If Imbolc is when the sun is stationed 15 degrees of Aquarius and has significant power at that alignment then in its opposition of Lammas, 15 degrees of Leo (in between summer solstice and Autumnal equinox) has power.

As for Samhain or Halloween, I like to celebrate the midpoint and its power point at 15 degrees of Scorpio and then enjoy a more informal celebration of Samhain on October 31st like normally.

SS322

Postby SS322 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Summer is ruled by Azazel and Lughnasadh or Lammas is at the height of the summer season. Azazel is also known as Samyaza or Shamash, the sun God. Lugh is the Celtic version of the Germanic God Loki who was a God of fire, lightning and knowledge.

Final RtR as fast and mobile as possible, always blot it out completely and just reload a website for a new round thanks to Soaring Eagle 666:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12626#

SS322

Postby SS322 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Final RtR as fast and mobile as possible, always blot it out completely and just reload a website for a new round thanks to Soaring Eagle 666:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12626#

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 am

I can't see my earlier post here nor Lydia's reply to me.

Anyway, I celebrate this inner Sabbats at the midpoint. I think Sabbats and Esbats are meant to be separate as they're both power numbers. 13 Esbats and 8 Sabbats.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday anyway.