Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Introspective Meditation: Increasing Conscious Awareness

Hp. Hoodedcobra666

Administrative High Priest
Staff member
Website
joyofsatan.org
In the Joy of Satan Website, there are a lot of power meditations. Power meditations work to increase your personal power, advance your soul, clean it and bring you to a higher level of power. There are other forms of meditation, that increase your power, by increasing your awareness and self consciousness.

In effect, as other meditations increase the sheer power of the human soul, these meditations work to rectify the mental aspect of a human being, to make the mind more efficient. Through this, the output and ability to use the generated force that meditation generates, becomes more pronounced.

For this reason, another level of meditation layers that did not exist in the JoS, are consciousness expanding meditations. These meditations work to do what the title says: expand your consciousness and your mind.

A most basic way to achieve this, is by increasing self knowledge and self understanding. The less self understanding one has, the less one is capable of knowing what one needs to do, where one needs to go, or how one has to respond to a situation that emerges into their life on any level.

Another major problem that every Spiritual Satanist has to defeat, is the problem of lack of awareness. Many people wander their life completely unaware, without any understanding of themselves or external life. The lower go into the ladder of understanding, many people are behaving in a completely unconscious manner, slaves to every whim and weakness that is present because of that exactly: lack of consciousness or control.

The meditation below, while appearing very simple, is a foundational block that can make or break your whole life. A lot of people live their life in an amnesiac mode, which the lowest level of is to be almost unaware of one's own existence.

Many people do things like the ones advised here in this meditation naturally, which is why many people end up here.

Over-thinkers fall into this category, but this meditative state also incurs when one has faced something powerful during their day. For example a dispute or argument, and as they go to bed they cannot sleep because they are thinking what they could have said differently and so on.

This meditation was basic in the Pythagorean and most Ancient Schools. It produces growth of the mind and increases the awareness of the self.

Basically, that is conscious introspection. Yet, this meditation that appears very simple in the onset, is as simple as the person doing this: With the higher level of advancement, the understanding that will emerge from this "habit" or meditation, will be cumulative.

There are two simple ways to utilize this meditation in one's daily routine. One of these methods is this, doing this at morning and at night.

Introspection Meditation:

Level: Beginner

This meditation is a meditation that has been formulated around the principal teachings of Pythagoreanism. Similar meditations have existed in all the Ancient Schools. This meditation was a basic core mental meditation in order to build foundations for the further levels of empowerment of the mind.

The aim of this meditation is to increase your conscious awareness, understanding and memory.

1. When you wake up in the morning, except of drowning in the lethargic state of having woke up, summon your mental power by focusing on anything of meaning that has occurred during your sleep. Try to bring back images or focus on a dream you had for a few minutes.

2. After you exit the state of heavy sleep, start thinking vividly of how you are going to spend your day, what are you going to do, and This you can do only for 1-2 minutes. It is important for both these steps to use your visualization. Daydreaming also might suffice. It's key to use your visualization.

3. By the end of this, try to make your mind to think over what you just did. If you had a fearful thought for example, try to get your mind to show you why this was the case. This trains the mind to learn to analyze it's own feelings.

Then, begin your morning. The above part is optional. The part below which takes place at night, is the most important part of this meditation and you might as well do only this if you are short on times, despite of the above taking only 2-3 minutes.

4. The more important part of this meditation, begins at night before going to bed. Effectively what you are supposed to do, is as you lay in bed, try to make a calm and positive evaluation of what you did today. What you ate, where you went, how you used your day.

5. Progressively, you can include more quality questions such as "how could I have done better with my day today?". If you experienced anger or a dispute with someone, you might ask yourself, how could I have behaved in a different way? Why did I behave in this way?

6. After this and unrelated to your introspection, you can combine these with positive affirmations [Or Positive Self Hypnosis]. This will help also in sound sleep.

7. The aim of this is to make the mind understand the habit of thinking, remembering, visualizing.

8. To make this meditation more advanced, bring the memories of your day back in your mind, visualize them and run them over again. These can be any memories from within your day. To increase the quality of this meditation, you can add constructive and beneficial questions or affirmations.

As you advance, try to bring back the memories of your day in your mind as vividly as possible and to include as many more senses as possible to your memory.

9. The above empowers all the functions of your mind, including recall, visualization and so on. In the longterm, that is necessary for specific meditations in the more advanced category of this section.

Depending on one's inclinations, the content of this can change and advance alongside you advancing. The above only reflects the very basic instruction and foundation of this for easy everyday use.

The importance is to teach the mind to become consciously aware of your life, your behavior, your existence. This meditation teaches your mind to observe your own conscious thought process.

Void meditation [which can be coupled with this] teaches your mind to let go of negative or nonsense thoughts, voiding it out. Both are important for your life.

Purposefully, this meditation will gradually imprint on your mind that your thoughts have to be uplifting, positive, have meaning and work to help you in your life or in the analysis of your life.

Finally, this skill is of immense importance and with greater focus, this will build a foundation for a stronger and more aware mind, but also better visualization skills and skills of recalling information.

I definitely used to do this, just not everyday. Interestingly, when I used it I was doing much better and advancing more.
Also, the less productive days are those in which you make no mental plans, let's say you wake up and are already dreading the day, that won't make it a productive day.

Guess I have a new morning and night routine.
Thank you HoodedBro.

Remembering dreams and so forth on a conscious, active basis is extremely pleasurable. It brings forth the feminine mind and creates motivation and perspective to daily life.

The above should be innately done by every SS, and truly is a consequence of exploring own mind during meditation. I was taught this when I was just a newly dedicated SS by Gusion, and without the above, starting to "meditate" would be without space for expansion, just a branch without a tree.

When I wrote that post about remembering and experiencing again past memories and using that experience in magic again, partly was with this as a basic vector of thinking.

This is a very interesting meditation, I can see where this is going. Forcing myself to ask hard questions about life, to dig into my soul and figure out where it can improve. Among other things of course. Stuff that sometimes goes unnoticed, because I'm an overthinker... I'll start tonight, thank you this looks promising when done every single day

Wouldn't have to look down on this anymore. And this is really detailed, infact I really feel like i don't know this before. And i really looked down on something less similar but not as detailed as this. I know the value of this by just reading and I guess I'll know much value as I practice. I'm really going to take this seriously.
I really thought I used to have a poor mental process and decision making effectiveness. This would definitely help.

Just today I was thinking that I lack the ability to effectively retrospect myself. I'm aware that I lack awareness about my own thought process (sounds like a paradox but it's true) and the reasoning behind my thought process. I am often puzzled as to why I took a certain action. I'm a deep thinker and think a lot about my own thoughts but more often than not fail to correctly explain my own thought process and actions. And now I see this post.

I'm just wondering, are we JoS members somehow telepathically linked? A lot of us including me are not advanced enough to be consciously telepathic but maybe our subconscious is actually picking up signals? Not only me but a lot of members have mentioned that they were thinking of something and then saw a post about it. It just happened to me with this post and has happened before and numerous members say the same.

Anyway, this is defo going in my daily practice. Thank you HP.

The moment I realize I do this almost everyday without knowing... Nice. I can improve it.

I’ve always done this, and I’ve had to train myself in opposite ways at times. What I didn’t know until my awareness increased is the fact that some people do not do this. It’s advisable to not get into long term relationships with people who don’t reflect or think.

The funny thing is that when I was a child and a teenager I always did this before sleeping and had a great imagination, visualization and a lot of lucid dreams but later when the gray attacks started in 2003 and 2004 I lost it (at that time I thought I was attacked by spirits but now I know it was the grays), I was already being attacked long before I started as an SS.
Now that I am struggling to free and cleanse my soul, I wake up cleaning and go to bed cleaning and I feel my ability to visualize totally blocked.

This is very interesting, I derived most of this from doing void meditation when I was just starting out and doing it automatically ever since. Can confirm 100% that I can recall my dreams in complete detail almost every night and my active imagination has definitely been sharpened.

Will continue to practice this, thank you commander!

I've always done this, to an extent. Not "officially" and not certainly on a consistent basis, as I did not know how important it was. I think many people are like this, knowing vaguely that something is important, but once we see it given as official instructions/outline, then we are aware of just how important it is and are thus much more likely to do it regularly and to a larger extent that we did before.

Use this as RTR fuel, because if it weren't for the swej, we would all know this from a young age. Look at all the zombies walking around outside, and people actually wonder why they are on such a low consciousness? How can they be more aware, when they aren't even capable of thinking better, higher. Look at all the mistakes made that could be easily prevented by this extremely simple exercise, mistakes that could be prevented, time wasted that could be put to much better use, and so on.

The entire time I read the instructions for this, my brain/mind was like "yyyyeeeeesssssssssssss" :lol: Thank you, HP Cobra.

Keeping a journal or just writing down your self-reflection is also very useful in self-gnosis. For me anyway.

This is what I did when I was a child. I went through the whole day before sleeping. At that time, it brings benefits of good grades easily and calm mind. Life was a meaning of success. Later, things changed when I stopped. The problem was the use of phone. Increasing time spent on the phone made the mind become addictive and unconscious: having no idea what to do during the day. Social media like twitter and tik tok...are designed for this.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

I usually write down a couple of things to do for the next day in the evening before I go to sleep because when I wake up I cannot remember anything that I have to do unless its super important nr 1 priority.

Can i do this meditation (the first part) if i'm tired in the morning after i wake up? I wake up and i stay 2 hours in bed because i'm still tired/sleepy but even after that i'm still having tiredness but it goes away after a longer time being up.

Can this make me have photogenic memory or have a live memory effect? And do I need to be in the meditated state to achieve this or can I use it in exams,?

another extremely helpful post to me, thanks Brother, I was doing some of this but not all, I definitely lack focus so this will help me greatly, I'll add this to my foundation. much love for all you do mein bro, I've noticed a little better visualization ability right after I wake up, I'm sure this is to do with my brainwaves being lower, I feel this will help a lot with my confidence with visualizing my number 1 issue.

This post is very revealing. It seems to show us how to put mind to use more easily in a ways that are our habits. Very helpful!

In the last 8 months I have dedicated myself extensively to increasing my power and developing the habit of yoga in the mornings and evenings, I can definitely notice many changes, but already after so long that I have been able to begin to get used to this habit it is time to focus on other areas of the mind and soul.

I think this new meditation looks like an habit that I copied from a youtuber on the internet of keeping a journal, where he explains the benefits like remembering what I have done every day, improving memory, but how you explain it here it is much more powerful since it also involves the senses, introspection and projection (speaking of when it is done in the morning, which i didnt thought)

With this new meditation, it will not only help me to have more acute senses and a more determined concentration, but it will also encourage me to have an introspective vision of myself at the same time as it encourages me to be a better person, IT IS SIMPLY EXCELLENT, thank you very much for this meditation, tonight I start with this new conscious meditation

स त न म said:

Just today I was thinking that I lack the ability to effectively retrospect myself. I'm aware that I lack awareness about my own thought process (sounds like a paradox but it's true) and the reasoning behind my thought process. I am often puzzled as to why I took a certain action. I'm a deep thinker and think a lot about my own thoughts but more often than not fail to correctly explain my own thought process and actions. And now I see this post.

I'm just wondering, are we JoS members somehow telepathically linked? A lot of us including me are not advanced enough to be consciously telepathic but maybe our subconscious is actually picking up signals? Not only me but a lot of members have mentioned that they were thinking of something and then saw a post about it. It just happened to me with this post and has happened before and numerous members say the same.

Anyway, this is defo going in my daily practice. Thank you HP.

I have just been having problems maintaining greater concentration and memory, I had also been considering starting a new type of meditation but I was not sure where to start and this meditation fits me like a ring to a finger, it is not the first time that it happens to me. something like that, more than once my guardian demoness has guided me here when I look for answers and I have gotten them. It's definitely not a fluke my friend

Salve Satan!

I've been doing this every now and then for a little while now and it did help my memory, Now that i know just how important it is i'm going to focus on doing this more often.

One other thing i have been doing that boosted my awareness is using my Peripheral vision, Its easily trained and can be so useful. Maybe its an idea to add this as an exercise? The way i've been doing this is by stretching my arms to away from me to the sides, wriggle my fingers and using my peripheral vision to focus on the wriggling.

I think the most important part of this is the end where you then evaluate how well you went about your day and ask yourself questions.

It’s seems like more or less many people already do a version of this, but it’s the positive intentions aspect and self evaluation at the end of the day that I think will propel people forward as now they’re able to see the reasons they’re not doing things as well as they know they can. If that’s the case for them. The consistency with that part of the meditation I believe is very powerful.

Danke!

Lydia said:
I've always done this, to an extent. Not "officially" and not certainly on a consistent basis, as I did not know how important it was. I think many people are like this, knowing vaguely that something is important, but once we see it given as official instructions/outline, then we are aware of just how important it is and are thus much more likely to do it regularly and to a larger extent that we did before.

Use this as RTR fuel, because if it weren't for the swej, we would all know this from a young age. Look at all the zombies walking around outside, and people actually wonder why they are on such a low consciousness? How can they be more aware, when they aren't even capable of thinking better, higher. Look at all the mistakes made that could be easily prevented by this extremely simple exercise, mistakes that could be prevented, time wasted that could be put to much better use, and so on.

The entire time I read the instructions for this, my brain/mind was like "yyyyeeeeesssssssssssss" :lol: Thank you, HP Cobra.

I agree, doing this type of thing, at least to some extent, was what brought us all here in the first place. Everyone I know is so afraid of looking inside, or lazy or whatever. Most people are terrified to look inside their souls. Most people fill their minds with nonsense distractions all day long, be it social media, video-games, TV, drugs, whatever, they do it all day long because they are scared of their own thoughts, scared of looking to the ugliness within them, terrified of the challenge it poses, little do they know that looking into the abyss is the first step of achieving any kind of success.
I know because I was there, not too long ago, and what brought me back here was to some extent this introspection. Makes me sad to see so many people getting used to this low level of existence, never even thinking for a second to transcend this.

This knowledge is truly life saving. Thank you HP Cobra. I did this and my mind became so clear and I became more aware of what was happening around me

Many people do things like the ones advised here in this meditation naturally, which is why many people end up here.

Not sure if similar but I use to be curious about my own consciousness during my early ages, every night wondering if consciousness only existed in my own being. I guess they call this Solipsism - the idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. Despite being the foundation of ones existence, many disregard this to wonder why people simply act the way they do.

Perhaps to avoid making things seam socially awkward, but definitely due to sheep mentality, unware and disregarding their own existence. The enemy programs teach one to base their existence on something superficial and never themselves entirely.

So basically be more of a stoic this is what the philosopher Aristotle suggests one does

Lydia said:

#MeToo

I have done this many times before, but not consistently. Similar things were part of my morning and evening 'rituals' at times.

Specter said:

Not sure if similar but I use to be curious about my own consciousness during my early ages, every night wondering if consciousness only existed in my own being. I guess they call this Solipsism - the idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. Despite being the foundation of ones existence, many disregard this to wonder why people simply act the way they do.

Perhaps to avoid making things seam socially awkward, but definitely due to sheep mentality, unware and disregarding their own existence. The enemy programs teach one to base their existence on something superficial and never themselves entirely.

Same here, unfortunately with the trauma I went thru and smoking a lot of weed ended up with me *almost* convincing my mind people were only robots and I was the only conscious being in the world. I had no reason not to believe this since I was the only one I knew that was this aware even with the internet seeing that even people around the world were, what I didn't know what to call them but now do, NPCs. Right before I found the JoS I was lost in this belief and took me a long time to unconvince my mind that people were literal robots and not just humans with a corrupted or spiritually degraded soul.

I can totally see how this meditation coincides with what many philosophers try to teach at the basis and should definitely help humans expand their consciousness which in a about a decade would be a stark contrast to what we're seeing now (which honestly is slowly but surely getting better in these days)

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Introspection Meditation:

Level: Beginner

This meditation is a meditation that has been formulated around the principal teachings of Pythagoreanism. Similar meditations have existed in all the Ancient Schools. This meditation was a basic core mental meditation in order to build foundations for the further levels of empowerment of the mind.

The aim of this meditation is to increase your conscious awareness, understanding and memory.

1. When you wake up in the morning, except of drowning in the lethargic state of having woke up, summon your mental power by focusing on anything of meaning that has occurred during your sleep. Try to bring back images or focus on a dream you had for a few minutes.

2. After you exit the state of heavy sleep, start thinking vividly of how you are going to spend your day, what are you going to do, and This you can do only for 1-2 minutes. It is important for both these steps to use your visualization. Daydreaming also might suffice. It's key to use your visualization.

3. By the end of this, try to make your mind to think over what you just did. If you had a fearful thought for example, try to get your mind to show you why this was the case. This trains the mind to learn to analyze it's own feelings.

Then, begin your morning. The above part is optional. The part below which takes place at night, is the most important part of this meditation and you might as well do only this if you are short on times, despite of the above taking only 2-3 minutes.

4. The more important part of this meditation, begins at night before going to bed. Effectively what you are supposed to do, is as you lay in bed, try to make a calm and positive evaluation of what you did today. What you ate, where you went, how you used your day.

5. Progressively, you can include more quality questions such as "how could I have done better with my day today?". If you experienced anger or a dispute with someone, you might ask yourself, how could I have behaved in a different way? Why did I behave in this way?

6. After this and unrelated to your introspection, you can combine these with positive affirmations [Or Positive Self Hypnosis]. This will help also in sound sleep.

7. The aim of this is to make the mind understand the habit of thinking, remembering, visualizing.

8. To make this meditation more advanced, bring the memories of your day back in your mind, visualize them and run them over again. These can be any memories from within your day. To increase the quality of this meditation, you can add constructive and beneficial questions or affirmations.

As you advance, try to bring back the memories of your day in your mind as vividly as possible and to include as many more senses as possible to your memory.

9. The above empowers all the functions of your mind, including recall, visualization and so on. In the longterm, that is necessary for specific meditations in the more advanced category of this section.

Depending on one's inclinations, the content of this can change and advance alongside you advancing. The above only reflects the very basic instruction and foundation of this for easy everyday use.

The importance is to teach the mind to become consciously aware of your life, your behavior, your existence. This meditation teaches your mind to observe your own conscious thought process.

Void meditation [which can be coupled with this] teaches your mind to let go of negative or nonsense thoughts, voiding it out. Both are important for your life.

Purposefully, this meditation will gradually imprint on your mind that your thoughts have to be uplifting, positive, have meaning and work to help you in your life or in the analysis of your life.

Finally, this skill is of immense importance and with greater focus, this will build a foundation for a stronger and more aware mind, but also better visualization skills and skills of recalling information.

When I was studying the subject was brought up about the oil/fat situation in our diet. They've been promoting 'multiple unsaturated fats' in our diets, made hydrogenated plant based butters (aka margarine /halvarine and their fats are also known as transfats) (which also do not contain vit D, A & ... which is naturally occuring in grass fed butter) .. however, the nerve system cannot use these in building itself up. The isolation parts around the nerves are made out of fats.
If you only rarely eat the proper fats, this has an effect on how you are doing mentally. Not only are they needed to help build up the nerves up properly, they're also needed to make the right and proper amount of hormones.
Even if you don't notice the difference immediately, which is quite normal, in a day or a week the first things should change (if you're young, I have no experience with someone thats older).
Also we all know how off we can feel if our hormones are out of whack.. seeing since all or at least most of us have went through puberty.

Eating the proper foods and getting proper nutrition is very important too in being able to concentrate and/or focus.

===
Hows the following sound for practice of visualizing sounds?
Sometimes I have part of a song in my head, melody, voice and all. And I can't remember how it goes further.
Then I go and look up the lyrics, and try to remember how the rest of the song went (melody, beat, voice; the text I got in front of my nose).

I probably should also practice more with mundane sounds..

Meteor said:
I've been very disorganised for as long as I can recall, and never quite knew what to do about it. I'm hopeful this will let me plan my days better and identify what exactly I can improve on and how.

Thank you for the advice.

Did you ever try "to do lists" like:

1. Create a to do list
2. Write all your open task on it including the time when they should be done.
3. Prioritise which of it is the most important one
4. Furfill them in the right order most important to not much important.

NakedPluto said:
Remembering dreams and so forth on a conscious, active basis is extremely pleasurable. It brings forth the feminine mind and creates motivation and perspective to daily life.

The above should be innately done by every SS, and truly is a consequence of exploring own mind during meditation. I was taught this when I was just a newly dedicated SS by Gusion, and without the above, starting to "meditate" would be without space for expansion, just a branch without a tree.

When I wrote that post about remembering and experiencing again past memories and using that experience in magic again, partly was with this as a basic vector of thinking.

The most important aspect of this meditation is to gain conscious awareness of ones existence, so that one can live rather than just exist.

If one simply exists, one cannot reach anywhere or advance, as one doesn't even know the present self, one doesn't even know at all.

It also teaches one to not neglect the material aspect of life, which is often difficult to grasp for people like us, since it is inherently lacking in consciousness in today's society and the mainstream of it can be borderline soul killing in its dullness and lack of greater aim or meaning.

This meditation connects the material and spiritual aspects of the mind and being, and makes one aware of the present self on the most foundational level.

The material is lifted up to reach higher, while the spiritual (recalling dreams) is grounded to make one able to understand these and not get lost in the fantasy or imagination.

That is the key aspect of this, to bring equilibrium to the material and spiritual and give greater substance and meaning to both, while simultaneously teaching ones self to live rather than merely to exist.

From there one can actually advance meaningfully and bring upon oneself tangible attainments.

This is also what HPHoodedCobra meant on how this simple foundational practice grows as you grow. The meditation becomes more substantial and meaningful as one advances on all levels and simultaneously helps bring and maintain equilibrium to the major aspects of your living existence.

Hail Satan!

its the third day i do this. i haven't stopped doing ptah meditation.

i can say im feeling more intelligent. like i have less adhd too. i also have big issues with rage. but now i react less to my rage. yet i feel energized full too.

hailourtruegod said:
Specter said:

Same here, unfortunately with the trauma I went thru and smoking a lot of weed ended up with me *almost* convincing my mind people were only robots and I was the only conscious being in the world. I had no reason not to believe this since I was the only one I knew that was this aware even with the internet seeing that even people around the world were, what I didn't know what to call them but now do, NPCs. Right before I found the JoS I was lost in this belief and took me a long time to unconvince my mind that people were literal robots and not just humans with a corrupted or spiritually degraded soul.

I can totally see how this meditation coincides with what many philosophers try to teach at the basis and should definitely help humans expand their consciousness which in a about a decade would be a stark contrast to what we're seeing now (which honestly is slowly but surely getting better in these days)

I'm sure we all had an existential crisis at some point, wondering if others see/hear things the exact way you do and whatnot. Usually, it's also an astrological aspect that causes the mind to have a tendency to be in the "higher state" which manifests itself in various ways.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back