Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Yogananda Mentioned Something Important

Just following for the info,

The site here shows part of it. Coud'nt trace yet the original one.

I'm not an expert but it may be also a variant of atma bija.

http://minet.org/mantras.html

SS322 said:
Nick Vabzircnila said:
I have noted that modern day scholars who write on subjects in certain tantras and other skrt texts in their references point to 'commentaries' and such. And even if they refer to the specific book containing the English or IAST (the most interesting) version, it's nowhere to be found online. Google literally gives zero results. The few books that can be found are very expensive and not possible to buy for the average person. So one has to trust the commentaries and rundowns of scholars who can read the Devangari editions and if we're lucky there is one informative page out of 700. A few times, though, Demons have led med straight to the interestig subjects and how something I read previously (like 6 months ago) connects with the current subject. And it all makes sense, like a lightbulb moment. They are really great at this.

Devanagari is the easiest of all the Indian alphabets. I started learning it a year ago and now I can read and write it quite well. I'm lucky if I get a Sanskrit document in well readable Devanagari. A lot of the really old texts are in Bengali or the Tamil scripts because these areas still had big empires at that time that were built on the Veda. Also all of these older texts are manuscripts which makes it more difficult than machine or computer writing. You get scanned versions of these ancient manuscirpts for free on the internet. You also get scanned copies of old western books on Sanskrit with terrible machine writing of the Devanagari characters, even worse than the manuscripts. I can send you some of my PDFs if you want. I have a translation of the Bhagavad Gita into LATIN made by Wilhelm Schlegel and I have a version of the Rig Veda in IAST with German translations. Let alone numerous grammatical and alphabetical lectures. I even have a version of the Agastya Samhita in Hindi, Sanskrit and I think English (with the Hindi and Sanskrit in Devanagari). It's a scientific text by a mythical sage that deals with physics and machines, especially electricity, copper-sulfate batteries, electrolysis, hydrogen... (at least in the original Sanskrit part if interpreted correctly). Western scholars started exploring the Vedas long time ago and we can built on this. All my material is from free online sources that I found while doing my research. I can also recommend you good and free learning apps for Android.

Sorry for the late reply.

Yep, the scanned Devanagari documents are the worst. I have a modest collection myself, but I would definitely appreciate anything you feel would be interesting for me to have. Thank you.

Nick Vabzircnila said:
SS322 said:
Nick Vabzircnila said:
I have noted that modern day scholars who write on subjects in certain tantras and other skrt texts in their references point to 'commentaries' and such. And even if they refer to the specific book containing the English or IAST (the most interesting) version, it's nowhere to be found online. Google literally gives zero results. The few books that can be found are very expensive and not possible to buy for the average person. So one has to trust the commentaries and rundowns of scholars who can read the Devangari editions and if we're lucky there is one informative page out of 700. A few times, though, Demons have led med straight to the interestig subjects and how something I read previously (like 6 months ago) connects with the current subject. And it all makes sense, like a lightbulb moment. They are really great at this.

Devanagari is the easiest of all the Indian alphabets. I started learning it a year ago and now I can read and write it quite well. I'm lucky if I get a Sanskrit document in well readable Devanagari. A lot of the really old texts are in Bengali or the Tamil scripts because these areas still had big empires at that time that were built on the Veda. Also all of these older texts are manuscripts which makes it more difficult than machine or computer writing. You get scanned versions of these ancient manuscirpts for free on the internet. You also get scanned copies of old western books on Sanskrit with terrible machine writing of the Devanagari characters, even worse than the manuscripts. I can send you some of my PDFs if you want. I have a translation of the Bhagavad Gita into LATIN made by Wilhelm Schlegel and I have a version of the Rig Veda in IAST with German translations. Let alone numerous grammatical and alphabetical lectures. I even have a version of the Agastya Samhita in Hindi, Sanskrit and I think English (with the Hindi and Sanskrit in Devanagari). It's a scientific text by a mythical sage that deals with physics and machines, especially electricity, copper-sulfate batteries, electrolysis, hydrogen... (at least in the original Sanskrit part if interpreted correctly). Western scholars started exploring the Vedas long time ago and we can built on this. All my material is from free online sources that I found while doing my research. I can also recommend you good and free learning apps for Android.

Sorry for the late reply.

Yep, the scanned Devanagari documents are the worst. I have a modest collection myself, but I would definitely appreciate anything you feel would be interesting for me to have. Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C8cZrLSz2ewjykXqgqZoiXPTafCmOu_m

These 18 PDFs should be enough for the start. I will add new material to that folder in the future. I have more material on other devices.

I have done academic research on transcendental meditation.

Generally, it's the "new" and hip thing that is being promoted in academic settings and by companies/corporations to help relieve stress. The affirmations they use range from aum mani padmae haum, to the english words "love" or "peace." HOWEVER jewish, christian, or islamic phrases and sayings are also given as available options and hebrew words are sometimes encouraged to be used as mantras. The issue is that since it's marketed as a secular, "one size fits all" method to everyone, so the practice has to accommodate literally everyone, even christians, jews, or muslims.

Any reference ,from which book it is taken of lahiri mahasya? About the Jesuits corrupting the texts ...?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back