Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Ancient Chinese Soccer/Football - Cuju/Tsu-Chu/Kemari

Felt awesome posting this today (at least at the time of submission), on Thor's day/Thursday (Beelzebub) or in Chinese Tian (天), who is mostly responsible for sports/athleticism AND the patron of the Asiatic race! When doing my research on Satanism and our Demons in Chinese mythology, I interestingly came across information on this ancient form of soccer. Needless to day, it shows how the glory of Ancient China is buried. FIFA Museum also has information on this.

In China it known as cuju or t'su-chu (蹴鞠) while it is known as kemari in Japan (the Japanese transliteration is the same as the Chinese, there the name kemari also appears as "蹴鞠" in Japanese) - with the latter having developed during the Asuka period. Its popularity was replaced by sumo wresting during Sengoku period (1467-1615) but reached a revival during the Edo period (1683-1868). Japanese sources claim that cuju came to Japan during the Yamato period.

This game originated in the Han dynasty, which ruled through the 200s B.C.E., and the namesake of Han Chinese, but its first mention in historical records is from the Warring States Period, from the Kingdom of Qi. During the Tang and Song dynasties, the game evolved into a major sport, like we have in Europe and the U.S.

Like many ancient civilizations, this game was normally played by the elite classes, in imperial complexes and during feasts. By the time the Ming Dynasty ruled China however, it had, unfortunately died out.

Ancient cuju leagues were also formed, known the Qi Yun She (齊雲社)

origen-del-futbol-cuju-e1610916175267.jpg

This next picture even shows Song dynasty Emperor Taizu playing the game with his prime minister, Zhao Pu (painting is from the Yuan dynasty, a Mongol dynasty)
Emperor_Taizu_play_Cuju.jpg

Xuande Emperor observes the game:
%E6%98%8E%E5%AE%A3%E5%AE%97%E8%A1%8C%E6%A8%82%E5%9C%96_%E8%B9%B4%E9%9E%A0.jpg

Calcio-in-Cina.jpg

Children playing cuju - painting from the Song dynasty
One_Hundred_Children_in_the_Long_Spring.jpg

Cuju Today (Kemari)

While Chinese cuju is dead, the game is still today played in Japan as the kemari, where they still hold kemari festivals. It like in the ancient and imperial past, played only during special events. The cool thing is they still dress in traditional Japanese attire from various historical periods in Japan's history.

Calcio-in-Cina.jpg

5e1d7204b86e7_5e1d71d868fb3_1723613754.jpg

Hail Shangdi/Satan!

- GuangXia_666

Sources
https://www.fifamuseum.com/en/blog-stories/editorial/origins-cuju-in-china/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuju
https://www.kunaicho.go.jp/e-culture/kemari.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemari

It's so interesting knowing how many of the origins of even what we consider Western sports or ideas, actually often tend to possess roots in the East. I don't often visit the Asian forums (despite being Asian lol), but the information that you had provided me in another post, and the amount of research that you conduct into obtaining and also sharing this kind of knowledge, I find to be truly astounding.

Although I haven't been to a Kemari event yet, I do know that Sumo wrestling has been rather diluted into a money-making scheme. The match lasts like 30 seconds max, and you spend most of the time just waiting for them to set up. And some seats are cheaper than others, but they don't tell you about it and make you pay absurd prices for just being there lol.

GuangXia_666 said:
Felt awesome posting this today (at least at the time of submission), on Thor's day/Thursday (Beelzebub) or in Chinese Tian (天), who is mostly responsible for sports/athleticism AND the patron of the Asiatic race!

This explains a lot as the word 天 (Ten in Japanese), of course has the same character and meaning, being the heavens. Baalzebul is known as the Lord of the Skies/Heavens and everything that flies, so this makes a lot of sense.

I'm going to have to visit these parts of the forums more to read all the discoveries you make through your research. Thank you again for all of this effort.

OhNoItsMook said:
This explains a lot as the word 天 (Ten in Japanese), of course has the same character and meaning, being the heavens. Baalzebul is known as the Lord of the Skies/Heavens and everything that flies, so this makes a lot of sense.

That is so awesome! I have noticed that many words in Japanese have retained same characters as Chinese, even though if they are transliterated as something different. Perhaps I can contact one of the HPs about this, to add Tian and Ten to the list of Beelzebub's names on the JoS site.

Man, I can't wait for the day that JoS has an Asian-themed website, similar to BlackSun666 except pertaining to Asians!

I don't blame you for not checking the Oriental forum, it's been in a quite pathetic state TBH. I want to bring back life to it and I'm glad you're enjoying my content! So many projects being taken care in the back but I've also been busy tending to other obligations.

- GuangXia_666

Now that I think about it, since Shintoism is simply just Japan's adaptation of Shenism from China, "Shen" and "Shin" are both same root, both languages use the same character (神) perhaps it may explain why Japan is ultra-wealthy, free and so much better-off than some of the other Asiatic countries. Even today, Japan has among one of the lowest Christian populations of Asia.

Japan truly seems to me almost like where China failed. If there's ever another global-scale conflict, especially one involving AI, I would hope Japan once-again, provides the Oriental world the hope that it did against the Red Beast "China", who too, has AI but plans to use it for nefarious purposes.

It's like the movie the Matrix: Revolutions, you had a war between good AI vs. bad AI - unlike the movie, Satan will win.

Hail Satan!

- GuangXia_666

GuangXia_666 said:

Now that I think about it, since Shintoism is simply just Japan's adaptation of Shenism from China, "Shen" and "Shin" are both same root, both languages use the same character (神) perhaps it may explain why Japan is ultra-wealthy, free and so much better-off than some of the other Asiatic countries. Even today, Japan has among one of the lowest Christian populations of Asia.

Japan truly seems to me almost like where China failed. If there's ever another global-scale conflict, especially one involving AI, I would hope Japan once-again, provides the Oriental world the hope that it did against the Red Beast "China", who too, has AI but plans to use it for nefarious purposes.

It's like the movie the Matrix: Revolutions, you had a war between good AI vs. bad AI - unlike the movie, Satan will win.

Hail Satan!

- GuangXia_666

Hiya GuangXia_666

i'm writing to you as I have recently posted some posts re martial arts, as i've just started to learn chi gong.

I am really keen to learn more, and am thinking of going to China to practice Chi Gong, and learn TCM and Kung Fu

I wondered if you know of any good Kung Fu schools there, that you would suggest?

many thanks for reading

Solar

With the internet and everything tightly-controlled in China, I highly doubt you'll learn anything except CCP-fed communist garbage. We have only 1 member in and from China, that is @STanBlank, so any question you have about the current China situation, you'll have to contact him. However, I am curious to know what you actually do learn when you do go to China.

Much of anything valuable and attainable about Chinese culture can be found outside of China since in free nations, people aren't being held hostage or under threat of having guns pointed towards their heads. Not sure if Wikipedia is even attainable under that shithole government.

- GuangXia_666

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back