Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

The Great Bakunawa - Dragon God of the Ancient Filipinos

Maharlikan666

I don't often have that much free-time due to a busy schedule, but I stumbled upon this when making my post about Serpent-worship within pre-Catholic Philippines.

Here's a picture of the Kampilan, perhaps in terms of its prestige and importance, is almost like the katana to the Japanese. It is hijacked by the Muslims and Catholic shamans alike, almost unknown to the typical Filipino (not a surprise there...but whew...thank "God" most Filipinos can memorize every beauty pageant winner as well as the entire life Jew-lover and Zionist Manny Pacquiao...)....

Anyways, the hilt was designed from a the Dragon God, known as the "Bakunawa" (later grafted into the Hindu-Buddhist faith as practiced in pre-Jesuit Philippines). It also depicts Serpents or crocodiles.

Kampilan_hilts_moro_philippine_swords.jpeg

More on Bakunawa

"According to the Ancient Filipinos" (I put that in quotes for a reason) - Bakunawa was the ruler over eclipses, earthquakes, rain and wind. The eater of Moons, created by Bathala, one of the Supreme Gods of the Ancient Visayans (people of the central Philippines). Most sources I'm seeing portrays the Bukanawa as an evil entity (which would not coincide with JoS teachings as we honor the Serpent and the Dragon), but I truly feel there's Jesuit work in that process, (many contemporary "neo-Pagan" groups too are Christian false flags and being taught by Church leaders to fit their narrative).

I gotta say, if the Ancient Filipinos really did see the Dragon as evil, they wouldn't be carving his image in their sword hilts, as well as their naval ships (see below). In addition, when Hindu and Buddhist influences were introduced into the Philippines, the Bukanawa was syncretized as the Nāga, Rahu, and Ketu of Hinduism and Buddhism, truly making me feel that the Buknawa in His true origins wasn't an "evil being".

Here's the problem, the so-called "scholars" who recorded ancient Filipino religion were Catholics, often-times being clergymen (surprising choice right?), since history is written by the victors, they are free to distort and villify the Gods as they choose so those interested will be reading and learning about Ancient Filipino religion from a Catholic eye and filter. I got not doubt that the entire "vilification" of the Bakunawa is due to Jesuit Catholic filters on the Deities of Ancient Filipino religion.

Problem is, even those shamans and neo-pagans (Babaylans) of the Philippines are beginning to venerate their Deities and practice their traditions from the Catholic eye! It's a no wonder how the Catholic church gets its justification. Teach the people of their traditions...with a Catholic filter, to justify labeling them as "evil"! :evil:

As I mention in my intro, no different than other civilizations, media likes to make horror movies involving the Bakunawa, and games depicting the Bakunawa as a bad being. I truly feel that the Buknawa, was not an evil being. As a lover of the Dragon and the Serpent, I will refer to the Bakunawa as a God, until I can get further confirmation from Satan himself or one of the Gods and Goddesses.

The Dragon God had its own months and its own calendar, something I am still to gut at without the Catholic-Jesuit bullshit.

The_rotation_of_Visayan_Philippine_bakunawa.png

Here's an ancient naval ship with Bakunawa-influenced designs:
Caracoa_%28Karakoa%29.jpg

Well, I'm gonna do some more digging when I got the time...and the sleep. But if anyone else wants to jump in, this is the seeds!

Articles on Bakunawa (warning, read with a Satanic eye, many of them were written from Catholic filters or sourced from Catholic friars):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakunawa
https://www.aswangproject.com/bakunawa/

HAIL SATAN! HAIL BAKUNAWA! HAIL BATHALA! HAIL ANITO! HAIL DIWATA! HAIL TUHAN!

Maharlikan666 said:

Maganda ang sinulat mo, kaibigan (Translation: You have written something beautiful, my friend).

Satan is Bathala, so you don't need to differentiate them.

RockSeed13 said:
Maharlikan666 said:

Satan is Bathala, so you don't need to differentiate them.

Thanks for the heads-up! Knowledge is great!

HAIL SATAN/BATHALA!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back