Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

wood/metal-air/ether

satanama666 said:
which corresponds to which?

I would guess

wood = earth/water.
metal = earth /fire.
air = air
ether = ether since all other elements are created out of it, it is also earth,fire, water, air.

fire,water and earth already exist besides wood and metal
my question is which of these two corresponds to air and which one to ether

satanama666 said:

Everything does correspond to ether, since everything is made out of it.

The other point I don´t know wood needs air to grow, metal needs also air to be mold.

i thought it was clear i'm talking about the taoist wood and metal and their correspondence with the standard air and ether,since i'm asking this question on an ASIAN subforum,which also means i wanted an asian expert to answer it
just because i'm white it doesn't mean i can't be curious about other racial spiritualities,you know

satanama666 said:

I'm not Asian but I've studied Qigong and felt the effects from elemental qigong.

Metal = Air

Wood = Akasha/ether

But they are a bit different, so it's not an exact correlation. It's strange to describe.

The thing is that Chinese elements do not have direct correspondences to elements in other cultures. This is because their culture is so much different on many levels.

Many would tell you that Chinese Earth corresponds to Ether because it connects and binds all the elements like everything the ether does. Others would tell you that the Chinese Wood corresponds to Ether because wood needs to be nourished by all the other elements to grow.

I think HP Lucius Oria said once before that there is no direct correspondence but some areas 'overlap'.

Stormblood said:
The thing is that Chinese elements do not have direct correspondences to elements in other cultures. This is because their culture is so much different on many levels.

Many would tell you that Chinese Earth corresponds to Ether because it connects and binds all the elements like everything the ether does. Others would tell you that the Chinese Wood corresponds to Ether because wood needs to be nourished by all the other elements to grow.

I think HP Lucius Oria said once before that there is no direct correspondence but some areas 'overlap'.

How interesting...where can I find HP Lucius Oria's thoughts on this?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back