Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Certain products, water or ointments or meditation to remove excess hair?

Lightning-Wings

Hi, so this is a little embarrassing to admit, but it's going to go a long way to help me.

How does one get rid of excess hair growth? I'm a woman, so having hair grow in places or in in large amounts like only a man should is certainly uncomfortable. I want to dress where I show more of my skin (not slutty), but this excess hair growth is uncomfortable..

One would say shaving would help (I literally shaved my legs yesterday and the hair is growing back out...), or waxing (only helps for like a couple days..), don't even get me started on laser treatment, it's expensive and I can't afford it, at least not at this moment in my life.

My mother simply has it easy to where she doesn't grow any hair on her legs or certain parts, my dad is very hairy and I unfortunately got the bad end of genetics where I sometimes feel like a freaking mammoth.

Please help me in this matter.
I don't know what meditation to do or what. Is buying soap that when used on hair on legs and arms falls off really true or is it scam and detrimental to ones health?

Thank you!

Shaving, especially waxing can encourage hair growth so be careful about that.

It is possible for woman to grow hair if their hormones are imbalanced, as in having to much male hormones. The most likely ''cure'' that i can think of is exercising and finding a balanced diet, this is off of memory so do not take this advice at face value, do more research about it.

SSinHeartandSoul said:

Shaving, especially waxing can encourage hair growth so be careful about that.

It is possible for woman to grow hair if their hormones are imbalanced, as in having to much male hormones. The most likely ''cure'' that i can think of is exercising and finding a balanced diet, this is off of memory so do not take this advice at face value, do more research about it.

Thanks!

Well my hormones are in balance, that I know of, I do have a growth in my thyroid, but the doctors say it's not harmful or interfering with my health. It has, however, grown by 1 mm in a year, it's at 5 mm now..

I am eating healthy, as for exercise, I can't do much atm as my hand interferes with it (had recent surgery), but I plan to do it in the near future!
Something to note tho, is that as a kid I was very active, yet had hair growing regardless, so I'm unsure if it's really caused by lack of exercising.

Lack of exercise is not the cause for this, but exercise can help to rectify any problems that causes excessive hair growth. As for the excessive hair growth, i do not know enough about it to give more in depth advice.

About your thyroid though, if I'm correct it regulates the amount of zinc / calcium / vit. D that is present inside of your bone structure. If you have low levels of (Especially) calcium in your blood your thyroid will take calcium from your bones to keep up the calcium levels in your blood. This can cause thyroid enlargement, if this is not treated you can for example get weak / fragile bones, later on there is a good chance this might effect your overall health in a bad way. Of course its possible that there is another problem, but for now i would recommend eating calcium rich foods to see if the swelling will reduce.

I am eating healthy, as for exercise, I can't do much atm as my hand interferes with it (had recent surgery), but I plan to do it in the near future!

I wish you fast recuperation sis, if you are able to stabilize your hand you should be able to go for a walk, even walking is exercise, or you can for example do slow squads or calf raises, just keep it low intensity if you are going to do any of this. Low intensity exercises can be very helpful in the recuperation process.

SSinHeartandSoul said:

Lack of exercise is not the cause for this, but exercise can help to rectify any problems that causes excessive hair growth. As for the excessive hair growth, i do not know enough about it to give more in depth advice.

About your thyroid though, if I'm correct it regulates the amount of zinc / calcium / vit. D that is present inside of your bone structure. If you have low levels of (Especially) calcium in your blood your thyroid will take calcium from your bones to keep up the calcium levels in your blood. This can cause thyroid enlargement, if this is not treated you can for example get weak / fragile bones, later on there is a good chance this might effect your overall health in a bad way. Of course its possible that there is another problem, but for now i would recommend eating calcium rich foods to see if the swelling will reduce.

I wish you fast recuperation sis, if you are able to stabilize your hand you should be able to go for a walk, even walking is exercise, or you can for example do slow squads or calf raises, just keep it low intensity if you are going to do any of this. Low intensity exercises can be very helpful in the recuperation process.

Thank you so much for the helpful reply!! I appreciate it! You're a great brother!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back