Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

acid reflux

Catalincata94

I'm having acid reflux and i need help in this.

So i'm withdrawing from psychiatric meds as safely as i know and as i researched by withdrawing the ph of the body can get low and probably this is causing me acid reflux... any advice?

I don't know regarding this topic as well as JG Blitzkreig, or Centralforce, so I cannot give in depth advice as they do.

On the subject, for me Kefir specifically has helped immensely in strengthening and calming the stomach.

I drink half a cup to one cup of kefir daily, no other dairy products most of the time, just one half cup of kefir after I eat, sometimes both after breakfast and dinner (only half a cup each time).

The kefir really improves the digestion. Personally I do not often have acid reflux, almost never, but the few times I did have it, after drinking a little bit of kefir it immediately stopped.

Even when I had mild food poisoning one day from eating something bad, my stomach upset disappeared right after drinking some.

I believe this is the case due to kefir balancing out inflammation and excess stomach heat, which is also responsible for other factors like acid reflux.

Next I also believe that eating excessive oily foods can also contribute to stomach heat and make acid reflux worse, and I think the same is true for a lot of grain based products, specifically very processed grain products (white bread, cereal, a lot of commercial pasta, etc). You may want to avoid these for a time until your stomach adjusts again.

Then sugar, especially processed sugar is very much responsible for causing and exacerbating these symptoms, so you'd definitely want to avoid stuff like candy and other crap which has a lot of this.

Look at your diet and what you usually eat, then look at when you experience acid reflux most of the time.

After which meal do you have it? How long after you eat do you experience it? Is it often during the same time a day, or is it seemingly random?

Does it happen before or after eating (on an empty stomach?). These will help you identify what exactly is happening to your stomach and will help you identify what may be causing this.

The TCM system has very accurate analysis on the function of the stomach and how different foods and substances affect it.

I don't know much on the system so I cannot comment much on it.

Our experts in TCM can explain this properly, but it definitely has to do with the Yin and Yang balance of your stomach, on which a medicine like you had been taking can have a major impact (also the other organs, which too affect the balance of each other), which when you stop taking it will cause an abrupt change to the established balance and will take your body time to readjust.

VoiceofEnki said:
I don't know regarding this topic as well as JG Blitzkreig, or Centralforce, so I cannot give in depth advice as they do.

On the subject, for me Kefir specifically has helped immensely in strengthening and calming the stomach.

I drink half a cup to one cup of kefir daily, no other dairy products most of the time, just one half cup of kefir after I eat, sometimes both after breakfast and dinner (only half a cup each time).

The kefir really improves the digestion. Personally I do not often have acid reflux, almost never, but the few times I did have it, after drinking a little bit of kefir it immediately stopped.

Even when I had mild food poisoning one day from eating something bad, my stomach upset disappeared right after drinking some.

I believe this is the case due to kefir balancing out inflammation and excess stomach heat, which is also responsible for other factors like acid reflux.

Next I also believe that eating excessive oily foods can also contribute to stomach heat and make acid reflux worse, and I think the same is true for a lot of grain based products, specifically very processed grain products (white bread, cereal, a lot of commercial pasta, etc). You may want to avoid these for a time until your stomach adjusts again.

Then sugar, especially processed sugar is very much responsible for causing and exacerbating these symptoms, so you'd definitely want to avoid stuff like candy and other crap which has a lot of this.

Look at your diet and what you usually eat, then look at when you experience acid reflux most of the time.

After which meal do you have it? How long after you eat do you experience it? Is it often during the same time a day, or is it seemingly random?

Does it happen before or after eating (on an empty stomach?). These will help you identify what exactly is happening to your stomach and will help you identify what may be causing this.

The TCM system has very accurate analysis on the function of the stomach and how different foods and substances affect it.

Our experts in TCM can explain this properly, but it definitely has to do with the Yin and Yang balance of your stomach, on which a medicine like you had been taking can have a major impact (also the other organs, which too affect the balance of each other), which when you stop taking it will cause an abrupt change to the established balance and will take your body time to readjust.
Kefir, the real one, made at home, and not the glorified yogurt they sell, is great and has healed many stomach ailments people had.

VoiceofEnki said:

Thank you, i will wait and see what Blitzkreig will say, i knew about heat in the stomac so i stopped eating spicy foods and oily foods, avoiding oily foods as much as possible recently.

I have acid reflux also on empty stomac, not continuous, if i eate alittle chocolate it triggers it, but moustly if i eate rice with sauce, bean soup, and a type of food that is like a corn puree, also fatty foods triggers it. And about the time i'm not sure, more times per day... before i did acupressure for this and it helped alot... and i was off sugar for some time and now i'm trying getting off of it, replacing it with fruits.

VoiceofEnki has given a nice overview, i have had acid reflux myself some years ago, while i am not 100% certain what helped me out of this, i do have an idea.

One big suspect is carbs, also over eating, so i would recommend watching your carb intake and to drink plenty of water. Don't over eat and limit the time-frame in which you eat. So for example only start eating after noon, do not eat bread but eat fresh cereals, throughout the day drink water or tea, for dinner eat something that contains 60 - 80% veggies and don't eat afterwards. This is just an example do whatever fits you and your lifestyle best.

Besides watching your eating habits i would also recommend earthing yourself (Skin to earth contact), this reduces the inflammation in your body and could very well get rid of most if not all of your inflammatory problems including acid re-flux.

Aquarius said:
Kefir, the real one, made at home, and not the glorified yogurt they sell, is great and has healed many stomach ailments people had.

Exactly, however not all the brands sold in supermarkets are completely garbage, or just glorified yoghurt.

Go by intuition, and try them out, also look up the ingredients and make sure it is without any unnecessary crap or sugar (if it has sugar, it is crap).

Commercially sold brands won't be as good as properly home made one, however the important thing is the probiotic quality and the beneficial bacterial cultures in the kefir, if you can't make it yourself, or don't want to make it yourself, you can find products in western supermarkets who satisfy this quality sufficiently to provide the benefits of kefir without having unnecessary crap in it.

That said, most of the products are bad, and I have had to try a number of things before finding something satisfactory, often times being an obscure brand that goes unnoticed on the shelves, with me being one of the only people to buy it.

Catalincata94 said:
Thank you, i will wait and see what Blitzkreig will say, i knew about heat in the stomac so i stopped eating spicy foods and oily foods, avoiding oily foods as much as possible recently.

I have acid reflux also on empty stomac, not continuous, if i eate alittle chocolate it triggers it, but moustly if i eate rice with sauce, bean soup, and a type of food that is like a corn puree, also fatty foods triggers it. And about the time i'm not sure, more times per day... before i did acupressure for this and it helped alot... and i was off sugar for some time and now i'm trying getting off of it, replacing it with fruits.

You might try eating slow burning carbs as well, instead of fast burning ones like rice.

Potato or sweet potato, specifically if you make a sort of casserole in the oven with vegetables and some meat (try less fatty meat if this works,like chicken, but it is more difficult to cook this well as the chicken could get over cooked easily in the oven), maybe a simple white sauce and perhaps don't add cheese even if this is the norm.

If this kind of food is not usually part of your palate maybe it is a little unusual, but you could try other variants and maybe look up recipes for sweet potato if you'd like that more.

Contrary to beliefs of many, carbs aren't inherently harmful or a primary cause, but especially grain these days is often poor quality and borderline toxic due to chemical contamination, so many people cannot eat them without digestive issues, even whole grain products, as the grain itself is flawed.

Alternative carbs are usually fine, but if rice also causes you issues it may be that at the moment your stomach cannot handle the heat generated by carbs at all, and if you have it on an empty stomach as well you definitely have a lot of excess stomach heat which needs to be balanced.

Kefir does help with that. For fruits, banana may be a good thing to eat alongside other fruits, as these are colder, so they will help balance out the stomach along side other fruitier fruits. For example, eat at least half a banana along with other fruits to balance out the acidity and the quick burning fructose from citrus fruits or other fruits.

Your stomach may also do better on more solid fruits rather than very liquid fruits, such as mango and peach, rather than citrus like fruits.

A final comment on oiliness, it should be noted that animal butter is not as inflammatory on the stomach as other oils are, so if you bake something you can try to fry it in butter rather than oil, this has a completely different effect on the stomach and produces far less heat while still providing essential nutrients from the butter.

You don't need too much of this, so for example, eating a few sausages once or twice a weak alongside slow burning carbs will help to provide this nutrition and can balance out the qualities of these foods to make it easier for your body to digest.

VoiceofEnki said:
Catalincata94 said:

You might try eating slow burning carbs as well, instead of fast burning ones like rice.

Potato or sweet potato, specifically if you make a sort of casserole in the oven with vegetables and some meat (try less fatty meat if this works,like chicken, but it is more difficult to cook this well as the chicken could get over cooked easily in the oven), maybe a simple white sauce and perhaps don't add cheese even if this is the norm.

If this kind of food is not usually part of your palate maybe it is a little unusual, but you could try other variants and maybe look up recipes for sweet potato if you'd like that more.

Contrary to beliefs of many, carbs aren't inherently harmful or a primary cause, but especially grain these days is often poor quality and borderline toxic due to chemical contamination, so many people cannot eat them without digestive issues, even whole grain products, as the grain itself is flawed.

Alternative carbs are usually fine, but if rice also causes you issues it may be that at the moment your stomach cannot handle the heat generated by carbs at all, and if you have it on an empty stomach as well you definitely have a lot of excess stomach heat which needs to be balanced.

Kefir does help with that. For fruits, banana may be a good thing to eat alongside other fruits, as these are colder, so they will help balance out the stomach along side other fruitier fruits. For example, eat at least half a banana along with other fruits to balance out the acidity and the quick burning fructose from citrus fruits or other fruits.

Your stomach may also do better on more solid fruits rather than very liquid fruits, such as mango and peach, rather than citrus like fruits.

A final comment on oiliness, it should be noted that animal butter is not as inflammatory on the stomach as other oils are, so if you bake something you can try to fry it in butter rather than oil, this has a completely different effect on the stomach and produces far less heat while still providing essential nutrients from the butter.

You don't need too much of this, so for example, eating a few sausages once or twice a weak alongside slow burning carbs will help to provide this nutrition and can balance out the qualities of these foods to make it easier for your body to digest.
Another opinion of mine is that one should totally avoid vegetable oils unless it's extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil. We have cooked for centuries with fat and other animal products. I personally buy grass fed beef tallow and use that to cook instead of oil as it's healthier, tastier and also has a higher burning temperature.

Aquarius said:
Another opinion of mine is that one should totally avoid vegetable oils unless it's extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil. We have cooked for centuries with fat and other animal products. I personally buy grass fed beef tallow and use that to cook instead of oil as it's healthier, tastier and also has a higher burning temperature.

True, I think it's safe to say this is fact :)

Beef tallow is undoubtedly the best thing to cook with if you have access to it.

VoiceofEnki said:

Carbs in itself is not the problem, the problem with carbs is that it is put into everything you can buy, so it is extremely easy to eat to many carbs. This together with ''bad'' carbs like those grains you are talking about, can be a big problem for your stomach, gut and liver health. Apple cider vinegar can make it so the liver gets cleaned / healed, besides this the food in the stomach will have more time to get properly processed.

Acid reflux has several causes, and they all require a different approach to aid resolution.

The first and most often seen is Stomach Qi Rebellion due to invasion of stuck Liver Qi or 'Wood overacting on Earth'. This is caused by long term emotional difficulty coupled with a lack of exercise and a heavy diet.

Sometimes this pattern is combined with one of the ones below OR in women caused by Blood Deficiency (short periods with minimal flow, fatigue, dizziness, heart palpitations, frustration and poor short term memory).

Stomach Heat/Fire where there is vexation, huge appetite, pain in the stomach (often burning) after eating, strong thirst for cold drinks, redness of the face and frontal headaches.

Stomach Yin Deficiency where there is hunger but no desire to eat, no thirst or very little thirst, mild burning pain which is relieved by eating, difficulty staying asleep and sweating when sleeping.

Stomach Phlegm with poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, no thirst and possibly a gnawing hunger which never abates.. Symptoms worse for eating and better for not eating or drinking.

Where there is burning reflux we may say Phlegm-heat, where there are severe abdominal cramps cold phlegm.

Each of the above patterns would have degrees of severity, with more or less of the symptoms listed when severe or not so bad...

Catalincata94 said:
I'm having acid reflux and i need help in this.

So i'm withdrawing from psychiatric meds as safely as i know and as i researched by withdrawing the ph of the body can get low and probably this is causing me acid reflux... any advice?

Maybe Omeprazole? Or perhaps free positive gold colored energy into the muscle, the sphincter that connects the stomach and esophagus.

Relaxation Meditation. Where you sit there and scan your body for tension to relax (and then do so) might also help. Overall reducing your level of tension/activation of the fight v flight mode. Maybe start with 20m a day.

Sorry bros for not answering i'm still testing stuffs and i'm much much better. And thanks for the info!

Catalincata94 said:
Sorry bros for not answering i'm still testing stuffs and i'm much much better. And thanks for the info!

What is your diet like? How much do you exercise? Are you under or over weight? Do you have any kind of routine, especially when it comes to eating?

ModernMage said:
Catalincata94 said:

What is your diet like? How much do you exercise? Are you under or over weight? Do you have any kind of routine, especially when it comes to eating?
I'm testing some stuff and as i see it i'm on the right track, so for now i will see what i can do, and when i'm done with testing, i'll be back °__°

And i'm back °__° with news, guess what, problem solved! Quitting sugar, using acupresure, losing weight solved the problem! Also less oily food helped.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back