Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Helps with insulin resistance

Liberdade

Hello!!

I have insulin resistance and for that reason I have to take metformin 500mg three times a day.

I would like to know if anyone recommends any natural medicine, as I no longer want to take pharmacy drugs.

Liberdade said:
Hello!!

I have insulin resistance and for that reason I have to take metformin 500mg three times a day.

I would like to know if anyone recommends any natural medicine, as I no longer want to take pharmacy drugs.
Do you eat bread and pasta? I read an article recently that "gluten" eventually causes insulin resistance is it can act like insulin itself.
Try a search on that info on duckduckgo. Ditch google they suppress tons of good alternative health info as they are owned by big pharma.

The Raven said:
Do you eat bread and pasta? I read an article recently that "gluten" eventually causes insulin resistance is it can act like insulin itself.
Try a search on that info on duckduckgo. Ditch google they suppress tons of good alternative health info as they are owned by big pharma.
Duckduckgo is essentially Google search results through a 'privacy' filter. I would choose another search engine, such as Qwant.

Liberdade said:
Hello!!

From what i know insulin resistance is caused by having high insulin levels for years, up to a point where your body wants to reject insulin, as insulin blocks the distribution of minerals / vitamins and can put severe stress on certain parts of your body. Your body makes higher levels of insulin when you are eating or when your body thinks you are going to eat, so if you eat regularly throughout the day your body will constantly create high levels of insulin.

To reverse insulin resistance you will need to put a lot of effort into your diet, one important thing to do is to limit the time frame in which you eat, so for example only eat in a time frame of 6 hours, outside of this you should not eat. slowly work yourself to this point so if you eat throughout the day right now tell yourself to not eat 3 hours before bedtime, slowly chip away at it.

Avoid processed foods especially processed bread, make sure you get all of your daily nutrients / vitamins in, so eat plenty of vegetables, nuts, fruit, meat etc. Foods that are slowly absorbed by your body like muesli are a great replacement for bread (Freshly baked bread with real grains (So not the store bought trash) are good to eat still).

I would recommend to start cleaning your liver as well, as this is the organ that takes nutrients out of food and distributes it to your body. Do this by drinking watered down apple cider vinegar at least once a day, if you really don't want to drink apple cider vinegar you can use normal apples instead although apples are not nearly as potent as apple cider vinegar.

As a final note drink plenty of water.

The simplest and most overlooked thing to combat insulin resistance is simply.. Exercise.. And plenty of it.

We are told that 30 minutes a day of brisk walking is enough exercise to avoid illness..

This advice is garbage.. Humans have always had a need for movement, and large amounts of it. Hours per day of varying intensity movement.

If you cannot do this, then very high intensity exercise is required for around one hour per day, with a rest day when you feel too tired.

Exercise and movement and the internal body processes that occur as a result is sufficient in and of itself to return the body's insulin sensitivity to normal.

Liberdade said:
Hello!!

Metformin is horrible and ruins the kidneys. One of the best things for insulin resistance is low-carb diets and exercise, with consuming a good amount of protein. Gaining muscle will be your best friend in boosting metabolism and burning fat. Your cortisol and triglyceride levels will level out when you lose weight as well.

Needless to say, artificial sugars, high-fructose syrups and the likes should be cut too.
Also candy.

As for muesli: unsweetened.
Plain oats to which you add fruits and nuts are fine too.

All those cause a high blood sugar spike onto which the pancreas also responds with high levels of insulin.

Natural sweeteners like cold processed organic honey can still be beneficial to health, just don't consume it in large amounts.
The reason I specify it like this is because main brand honeys tend to be altered in some way, sadly.

SSinHeartandSoul said:
To reverse insulin resistance you will need to put a lot of effort into your diet, one important thing to do is to limit the time frame in which you eat, so for example only eat in a time frame of 6 hours, outside of this you should not eat. slowly work yourself to this point so if you eat throughout the day right now tell yourself to not eat 3 hours before bedtime, slowly chip away at it.

A.k.a Intermittent fasting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting

I do it, just one day a week: not eating till dinner time. Sometimes I go for longer.

PeacefulAlgorithm said:
A.k.a Intermittent fasting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting

I do it, just one day a week: not eating till dinner time. Sometimes I go for longer.

that's right, but intermittent fasting can work poorly for some people, so i would always recommend to slowly ease yourself into it. That said it is important to be consistent, 1 day a week is not going to be as efficient as doing it for example 6 days a week.

Abyssos said:
Unless you are talking about excess in what you refer to as "poison" the inflammatory reaction can be lessened and eventually removed with Sun's energy mainly, and Mars' energy secondarily (digestion). The Moon is also very useful for directly against inflammation (cooling in nature).

There are also Runic equivalents to the above.

You really should learn about astrology and your personal weak spots, and eventually apply spiritual solutions to your weak points as that is the only way for lasting positive change.

Abyssos said:
I am not phased by the false implications that removing plant toxins from my body is in any way shape or form an "impediment" of my spiritual progress. Believe what you want. It is up to those who know and do what is right to prevail. i will do what I must. Knowing that I am right is a virile boost to my vitality, and gives me the drive to steamroll all enemies.
I did not say or imply such thing.

I meant that by increasing certain energies in your soul you can increase your health attributes. Such approach will give lasting results, even lasting to other lifetimes.

Personally, I found a keto diet with intermittent fasting works for me. I had lost about 20 pounds doing it before. Don't bother with those "keto snacks", they're just junk food with artificial sweeteners that claim to be "low impact". Truth is, the artificial sweeteners are actually worse than "regular" sugar. When I lived with my parents, my mother had insisted on buying diet soda for us. I didn't know about the damage this inflicted upon my body until after I started taking my physical health more seriously. I know she meant well, but she was misinformed.

When my financial situation improves so that I no longer have to live and work in a vehicle through most of the year, I'll be able to actually cook again and not depend so much on processed foods. I only use the processed foods out of convenience due to time constraints and crappy work-life balance.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back