Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Vaccine to keep safe from tick bites that cause limes disease?

Lightning-Wings said:
So just as the title states, is it safe and a good idea to get one or should I avoid it like the plague?

Thanks!

I don't think it is necessary when there are safe and effective natural repellents:

Source
"Most Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus products on the market are made by Spectrum Brands and sold under the brand names Repel and Cutter. These have concentrations of 30 percent Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus and 20 percent PMD. Some testing has shown that concentrations of 20 to 26 percent PMD may perform as well as 15 to 20 percent DEET against both mosquitoes and ticks.31 The Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus active ingredient by itself, PMD, has a maximum protection time against mosquitoes and ticks that is shorter than DEET’s, with only two hours of protection according to EPA documents."

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=444184 time=1684628852 user_id=21286]
Lightning-Wings said:
So just as the title states, is it safe and a good idea to get one or should I avoid it like the plague?

Thanks!

I don't think it is necessary when there are safe and effective natural repellents:

Source
"Most Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus products on the market are made by Spectrum Brands and sold under the brand names Repel and Cutter. These have concentrations of 30 percent Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus and 20 percent PMD. Some testing has shown that concentrations of 20 to 26 percent PMD may perform as well as 15 to 20 percent DEET against both mosquitoes and ticks.31 The Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus active ingredient by itself, PMD, has a maximum protection time against mosquitoes and ticks that is shorter than DEET’s, with only two hours of protection according to EPA documents."

Thank you so much!!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back