Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Tips for hair loss???

ddiafol

What can i do about my hair loss it's thinning non stop ? I do not want to take dht blocker(finasteride) because dht is playing a major role about sex drive etc .

ddiafol said:
What can i do about my hair loss it's thinning non stop ? I do not want to take dht blocker(finasteride) because dht is playing a major role about sex drive etc .
I just wanted to make a topic about this yesterday but I got busy. As I am struggling with this too.

Hair loss from a Chinese Medicine perspective is either due to:

- Blood Deficiency (treatable)
- wind from yin deficiency or external contraction (treatable)
- kidney essence deficiency (can slow progress but not easily treated)

Determining which of these is the causative /root pattern is essential to prescribing herbs - one such herb used in all three causes would be He Shou Wu, or Polygonum Multiflorum.

There is a risk with this herb of liver damage and it is a very strong herbal medicine which should be mixed with adjunctive herbs to maximise its ability to treat the underlying syndrome.

Determining which of these is the causative /root pattern is essential to prescribing herbs - one such herb used in all three causes would be He Shou Wu, or Polygonum Multiflorum.

There is a risk with this herb of liver damage and it is a very strong herbal medicine which should be mixed with adjunctive herbs to maximise its ability to treat the underlying syndrome.

ddiafol said:

You should research Minoxidil. It may be able to reverse your hair loss. It doesn't block DHT, some companies add dht inhibiters to their hairloss products like the company Roman but if you get Kirland minoxidil it shouldn't have any DHT blockers.

Again, do your own research first.

Minoxidil is also called Rogaine

Does Rogaine Work?

Minoxidil is not good it may spike up your hair growth but as soon as you stop applying it hair losses will revert back so... Better do some yoga asanas... I think shirsh asana would be helpful

You could try Rosemary essential oil, mixed with avocado or another base oil. I have read that it is as effective as minoxidil.

https://www.healthline.com/health/rosemary-oil-for-hair#:~:text=Both%20were%20used%20on%20human,scalp%20more%20successfully%20than%20minoxidil.

It boosted the growth of my hair, though I am not really experienced in health matters and don't feel comfortable giving a lot of advice.

You maybe knowing about it or not but hair oils are also the reason for hair loss along with stress, lifestyles, diet, and use of certain chemicals.. Hair oil contains mineral oil which is a non smelling, colorless oil it is the reason people lose hair when you buy hair oil check out it's ingredients first... A herbal one can also contain chemical... What we can do is only we can tract those ingredients which are mentioned in the product if they are hiding any ingredient then we can't do anything about it...

Centralforce666 said:

Greetings CentralForce, I have a few questions about hair loss and the perspective of TCM on this topic.

It is not urgent at all, but if you have a moment to answer this, I would appreciate it.

Is kidney essence deficiency related to the kidney cycle, and thus exacerbated or caused by age as well?

Could it not also be due to multiple causes? Yin Deficiency and kidney essence deficiency both for example?

Another thing I have wondered about, how come extensive hair loss is so much more common in men than it is in woman? Even when it gets really bad, almost no woman will have it to the severe extend that men get it.

I wonder how TCM looks at that.

Thank you for reading.

Centralforce666 said:

What causes less beard?

Hair transplants are okay, cheaper if go to Turkey, i have a question if i can add on grey hair, is there anything for this to stop or reverse.

I heard Fo-ti TCM is good, anyone help. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTWlUL0aCo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8AYQBlkUDk
for fast hair growth you can use castor oil mixed with cold pressed coconut oil....

VoiceofEnki said:
Centralforce666 said:

Greetings CentralForce, I have a few questions about hair loss and the perspective of TCM on this topic.

It is not urgent at all, but if you have a moment to answer this, I would appreciate it.

Is kidney essence deficiency related to the kidney cycle, and thus exacerbated or caused by age as well?

Could it not also be due to multiple causes? Yin Deficiency and kidney essence deficiency both for example?

Another thing I have wondered about, how come extensive hair loss is so much more common in men than it is in woman? Even when it gets really bad, almost no woman will have it to the severe extend that men get it.

I wonder how TCM looks at that.

Thank you for reading.

Kidney essence and yin deficiency are closely linked but each can be interlinked with the other.

It is often multifactorial and not so simple.

In fact, male pattern baldness seems to be more common, as men are more vocal about it and its more open, but in fact there are an equal number of women suffering from hair loss, only their hair is much thicker and more plentiful so it takes longer for the condition to be outwardly noticeable.

Furthermore, women suffering from yin problems such as kidney essence or yin deficiency is a normal part of the kidney cycle in women (which yes, increases in severity with age) and so it appears less aggressively.

For men, it is more normal for vital energy to diminish so when there is a yin/essence deficiency, it appears much earlier and more aggressively.

Hyperactive Melon said:
Centralforce666 said:

What causes less beard?

The condition of blood, and the fullness of the stomach and large intestine channels, which are easily blocked by damp and phlegm sets the bar for how full and rich the beard is.

Maintenance of a healthy, unobstructed bowel and stomach is imperative to having the channels of the face unimpeded and then fullness of blood to nourish the hair that grows there.

Centralforce666 said:
Kidney essence and yin deficiency are closely linked but each can be interlinked with the other.

It is often multifactorial and not so simple.

In fact, male pattern baldness seems to be more common, as men are more vocal about it and its more open, but in fact there are an equal number of women suffering from hair loss, only their hair is much thicker and more plentiful so it takes longer for the condition to be outwardly noticeable.

Furthermore, women suffering from yin problems such as kidney essence or yin deficiency is a normal part of the kidney cycle in women (which yes, increases in severity with age) and so it appears less aggressively.

For men, it is more normal for vital energy to diminish so when there is a yin/essence deficiency, it appears much earlier and more aggressively.

Thank you for your explanation, it is enlightening.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back