Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Hand/Arm nadi pathways - Forcefully Opened

GoldenxChild1

Hello family, so I have been having an issue that has not resolved yet.

About 2-3 weeks ago during my Hatha routine, specifically in shoulder stand, my hand and arm energy pathways opened up, painfully.

It felt like nerve damage for days, especially in my middle finger. My sense of touch was distorted as well, and just general pain.

I took about 10 days off of shoulder stand because that seems to be the only asana that hurts it
, but I tried again today and same thing. I get the worse crawlies all over my arms and hands and at first it feels good but then pain follows.

What happened? I want to to shoulder stand, it's one of my favorite asanas.

Pain is mostly a sign you're not doing something right, i did an asana where i had to rise my head from a laid position (locust pose), everyting seemed fine until one day my right shoulder started hurting when i raised my head, i got answer after a short time from someone, probably my GD, it was because i was doing it too fast more like vigorously then i did it slowly with care then it didn't hurt anymore, so check the instructions again about that asana to see if you're doing something wrong or not.

Catalincata94 said:
Pain is mostly a sign you're not doing something right, i did an asana where i had to rise my head from a laid position (locust pose), everyting seemed fine until one day my right shoulder started hurting when i raised my head, i got answer after a short time from someone, probably my GD, it was because i was doing it too fast more like vigorously then i did it slowly with care then it didn't hurt anymore, so check the instructions again about that asana to see if you're doing something wrong or not.

I do go into shoulder stand pretty quick, maybe I can slow it down.

GoldenxChild1 said:
Catalincata94 said:

I do go into shoulder stand pretty quick, maybe I can slow it down.
Try slowing it down and don't do it perfectly straight just in a relaxed position, for me after doing the locust pose right in the first try i felt the pain much less to none and after a few days nothing so i keep it slowly.

GoldenxChild1 said:
Aquarius said:
GoldenxChild1 said:
Yes, and it feels good, but the after effects just hurt as described.
I think you're pinching a nerve.

So, R and R? Any idea how I go about fixing it
No because I don't know anything about your body. It can be a matter of simply stretching your shoulders to having to stregthen and mobilise your spine.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back