Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How do you handle longer meditations?

SatanicSlytherin

Website
vovina-de-micaloz.deviantart.com
Hi there. I'm currently working on a Venus Square to improve my throat health, but...

During the longer chains of vibrations, I've noticed that my legs start to go numb (sometimes numb and pain) and my back starts aching horribly. That and my throat is sore afterwards and sometimes during the working.

Are there any tips on how to prevent this?

Then get in a position that is more comfortable for yourself.

Tirnenn said:
Hi there. I'm currently working on a Venus Square to improve my throat health, but...

During the longer chains of vibrations, I've noticed that my legs start to go numb (sometimes numb and pain) and my back starts aching horribly. That and my throat is sore afterwards and sometimes during the working.

Change your position to such that you do not feel discomfort. For example, sit on a chair. Part of this is also about maintaining good physical fitness with regular exercising and yoga to be and feel healthy and more resilient.

You get used to vibrating more, but it's a gradual process. Since it's a square you can not change the mantra for a shorter version, but you should know that using the short version of the planetary mantra is effective as well so do not be afraid to use it. Aside from that, build your effort up steadily over time. Drinking water and dividing your overall effort into two or more sessions will alleviate the stress a bit.

Tirnenn said:

Well, most of this can be fixed with correct posture. If you're sitting on the ground either cross legged or in a lotus position the knees go below the hips. Otherwise they will go to sleep. If you lack the flexibility for lotus position, use a pillow or multiple pillows to lift yourself up to the point your hips are above your knees. Same with your back, keep it straight.

For the throat, its a bit harder, maybe try to drink something warm beforehand, or search online for exercises that singers use for their voices, though I had the same issue and it went away with time, the vocal cords get adjusted to the stress.

Sit on a chair that you can lean your back on, and drink fluids before starting to vibrate. Maybe tea would prove to help a lot.

Stop sitting in some uncomfortable position. If you are sitting in a way that no blood supply is getting to your legs and they are getting numb, this is not healthy.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back