Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Ray Peat diet

czxxmane

To be honest, I have been on this diet for a year, and I have never felt better. The diet is based on abstinence from 4 things. PUFA, excessive iron, legumes and starches (excluding potato, white rice and masa harina).
It is mainly indicated for people with hypothyroidism, as its goal is to increase metabolism at all costs.

He is a big fan of dairy products and orange juice. He says we should drink 2L of milk a day and 1L of orange juice, if we look at it more closely this can meet our daily needs for most vitamins and minerals

Eating meat from time to time is OK, but we should balance it with gelatin and we should eat like our ancestors. That is, organs, bone broth, etc. Beef Liver is VERY healthy.

Seafood such as oysters and shrimp will help us increase our daily requirement of zinc and selenium (we should consider them more as a supplement, as they have a lot of PUFA and heavy metals)

Eggs are of course the healthiest product available, but it is advisable to limit their intake to 2-3 per day as they have a lot of PUFAs

Coffee is very healthy especially for our liver and the caffeine in coffee is the best supplement

SUGAR as white table sugar consumed in small amounts is very good, but unfortunately it wastes our minerals as it strongly accelerates metabolism, it is better to just eat fruit, drink juices or eat jam

Macronutrient ratios depend on the person, and Peat once talked about 33/33/33 as the optimal ratio, but if you have a slow metabolism, it would probably be something like C60/P20/F20

A daily carrot according to him is excellent for the bacteria in the gut

OMEGA-3, OMEGA-6 are not healthy according to him, instead of fatty fish we should eat those without fat

We should measure body temperature, the higher it is, the faster the metabolism

Supplements are 99% scam driven by money (in our language Jewish mobs) and do not work. Their absorption rate is negligible, besides, there are thousands of valuable things in food that simply have not been named.

SSRIs, Benzo and other such drugs are also scam. According to him, serotonin is the cause of most emotional illnesses. It acts as a stressor when we feel bad to falsely boost our mood. Excess serotonin is caused by excess bacteria in the gut.

Aspirin, according to him, is safe and healthy and can cure a great many ailments. However, we should not take it every day.

A slight caloric surplus

Many fruits grow under severe stress. Chickens eat the cheapest feed, soybeans and corn. Milk and meat is filled with hormones. Therefore, despite their advantages, he recommends choosing those from local farmers.

Saturated fats are healthy. Coconut oil is almost 100% saturated, so he praises it highly.

DHT is not responsible for baldness. In fact, DHT is the active form of testosterone that gives us all male characteristics. Prolactin and estrogen are responsible for baldness.

Excessive exercise (especially long exercise) is harmful.
HIIT, short strength training, climbing or walking are all appropriate forms of activity

We should get plenty of sunlight/red light daily

The diet is quite controversial, however, I recommend trying it but doing thorough research before doing so. One idiot ended up in the hospital after eating sugar by the tons thinking it was healthy, and he resented Peat for that.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back