Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Tics

How do you control tics? Thankfully I'm only struggling with one and it's not that noticeable but it's been on since childhood and if it continues it can affect my health. Any recommendations? I'm trying my best but I always fail. :(

AsraArdwulfLeberecht said:
How do you control tics? Thankfully I'm only struggling with one and it's not that noticeable but it's been on since childhood and if it continues it can affect my health. Any recommendations? I'm trying my best but I always fail. :(

Tics can have some roots, some reasons they exist. For example they can be caused by a physical trauma, an emotional trauma, or stress related and usually they get worse when the person experiences stress.

If your tic (motor or vocal) gets worse with stress then it would be good to use some grounding and breathing techniques and also void meditation. Those don't give you a solution, but are just a small help for you to moderate it.

If you know how your tic occurred, then you know what you have to work on. If you don't know why your tic exists then you could look for the source, be it emotional or physical.

Centralforce666 said:
What is the tic?
Greetings, I appreciate the concern but I would prefer not to speak about it, for otherwise I would have stated it in the post :D . I'm not comfortable with it. I don't think it is necessary to know the specific tic if you already have a solution in mind, or are there different solutions for different tics? :?

Centralforce666 said:
What is the tic?
Greetings, I appreciate the concern but I would prefer not to speak about it, for otherwise I would have stated it in the post :D . I'm not comfortable with it. I don't think it is necessary to know the specific tic if you already have a solution in mind, or are there different solutions for different tics? :?

There's not really any way for me to give a medical response that would be suitable for your situation without knowing the specific nature of it.

You're welcome to message me privately if you are comfortable but I cannot give advice generally as it may be harmful for your situation as all disharmony of the body must be analysed carefully and diagnosed correctly to apply correct treatment, from a Chinese Medicine perspective at least which is my field.

Centralforce666 said:
There's not really any way for me to give a medical response that would be suitable for your situation without knowing the specific nature of it.
You're welcome to message me privately if you are comfortable but I cannot give advice generally as it may be harmful for your situation as all disharmony of the body must be analysed carefully and diagnosed correctly to apply correct treatment, from a Chinese Medicine perspective at least which is my field.

Okay then, where can I message you privately?
By the way, aside from what we'll talk about this ↑ , would you answer some questions of mine about TCM? I've recently started studying it.

Centralforce666 said:

Okay then, where can I message you privately?
By the way, aside from what we'll talk about this ↑ , would you answer some questions of mine about TCM? I've recently started studying it.

If you visit my profile on this site and select the message privately option, I will receive an email at my personal email address.

And yes I am happy to answer any question regarding tcm..

Centralforce666 said:
If you visit my profile on this site and select the message privately option, I will receive an email at my personal email address.

Greetings, on your profile, under the "contact" headline, there is a blank space.
Does this appear on your screen? If needed I can give a prtsc

Centralforce666 said:

Greetings, on your profile, under the "contact" headline, there is a blank space.

That is odd, I have everything set to allow private messaging and contact via email... Unsure what a prtsc is but sure

Centralforce666 said:
That is odd, I have everything set to allow private messaging and contact via email... Unsure what a prtsc is but sure
A PrtSc is a Print Screen, like this one :p
Screenshot-2022-06-13-080303.png

It's named after the key
lenovoscreenshotbutton-aec8243012124d708e30e69d00e20992.jpg

Hope it helps.

Centralforce666 said:
Centralforce666 said:

prtsc=printscreen

Centralforce666 said:

It's named after the key

Hope it helps.

OK I see.

I don't know why that is, it may be a board setting.

My settings are all set to receive accordingly 🤷‍♂️

Centralforce666 said:
Centralforce666 said:

It's named after the key

Hope it helps.

OK I see.

As far as I know, no one has the ability for private messaging on this board.

Both of you should try Pretty Good Privacy (PGP). He could even post sensitive details on the post, but only you would be able to decipher the post.

Henu the Great said:
Centralforce666 said:

It's named after the key

Hope it helps.

OK I see.

As far as I know, no one has the ability for private messaging on this board.

Both of you should try Pretty Good Privacy (PGP). He could even post sensitive details on the post, but only you would be able to decipher the post.

Thanks.

Not sure I understand the pretty good privacy reference though, is that a way to scramble text that is then copy pasted onto the board and I use that and a token to unscramble it off-site?

Or a board feature?

Centralforce666 said:
Thanks.

Not sure I understand the pretty good privacy reference though, is that a way to scramble text that is then copy pasted onto the board and I use that and a token to unscramble it off-site?

Or a board feature?
One member actually made a short introduction to PGP: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65885

This is not a board feature, but you can use it on pretty much on any text interface.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back