Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Protection of eyesight

STanBlank

Hello brothers and sisters!
I work in the IT industry, and I need to sit in front of the computer for a long time every day to process some software; how can I keep my eyesight and eyes from being damaged?
My eyes are sore every day, and it also brings symptoms of headache and visual fatigue :cry:
Is it a good idea to use eye drops?

was also in the position where i had to stare at a screen all day when i was working. And that was heavy duty.

There are some things you can improve with healthy habits.

Let me tell you what made my eyes like that as well and brain.

# coffee
# sugar
# not drinking enough water
# not eating healthy nutritional snacks throughout the day
# not even giving my eyes a break from screen

So what habits helped me was :

# drink tea instead.

# cut out the sugar or just reduce it. Prefer to cut it out.

# give eyes a break from the screen every 20 mins by looking at something else nearby or 10/20 seconds.

# eat nutritional bars or other nutritional snacks there and there.

# drink plenty of water throughout the day

Such things can impact your eyes and brain. Unhealthy things can drain power and energy from your brain and eyes and make it weak.

Perhaps search for what vitamins can you take before working to keep your eyes strong and healthy as well.

I dont use eye drops though . Not much of a fan of it. xd i get allergic to it. And makes my eyes worse.

STanBlank said:
I work in the IT industry, and I need to sit in front of the computer for a long time every day to process some software; how can I keep my eyesight and eyes from being damaged?
My eyes are sore every day, and it also brings symptoms of headache and visual fatigue :cry:

No it is not a good idea to use eye drops, the problem here is that the muscles in your eyes get strained, this will cause headache's and vision problems, in the long term it can even ''reprogram'' your nervousness system. All in all this is not what you want and i will share a couple of eye exercises that will relief the strain from your eye's and train your eyes to become stronger than ever before.

Your diet has an influence on your eye health, but the exercises below are a better and a more important solution to most eye related problems. The morning sun in particular can also have a good and healthy effect on your eyes.

Exercises:
1:
Since you work with computers a lot it is very important to let your eyes and facial muscles rest every 30 to 90 minutes, to do this simply look away from the screen and stare blankly in front of you, the aim here is to relax and give your eyes a little bit of respite.

2 since you always look at screens up close a lot it is very important to look at things in a distance, its best to go out for a walk, sit on a bench somewhere where you have some peace and look out in the distance, try to focus on objects that are 100m/500m/1km or any distance away from you.

3 You should be able to switch focus on objects that are at different distances away from you. for example put your hand in front of you and focus on it, a couple of seconds later look away from your hand and focus on an object that is 100m away from you. Your eyes should be able to instantly or almost instantly focus from your hand to the object and vise versa.

4.1 Your eyes are meant to move, not to be fixed at one point at all times. to train this you can simply go outside and sit somewhere quite, if there is a bird or a flying bug or anything that is moving around just try to follow its movements. You could also put one finger or pen in front of you and move it from left to right, you will only follow its movements only with your eyes (So don't turn your head).

4.2 Another exercise that will help with the problem above, is to put your finger or hand in front of you and move it away from you, after wards move close you, Keep focusing on the finger/hand.

- Most of these exercises are meant to be done multiple times in a row, the amount of repetitions is up to you, its also up to you to decide how often you do these exercises. But i will recommend to do at least 1 (Except from the first one) every day or every couple of days.

Avoid:
You should avoid anything that goes into or on the eye, this can damage the eye and or eyelids. Anything that goes in front of the eye like glasses should be avoided as well, the reason for this i will explain below.

How does it work?
So how does depth perception work? Your pupil is being held in place by 2 tiny muscles, these muscles contract and extend. When you look at something that is close by these muscles will contract, if these muscles are contracted for a long period of time you can get vision problems (This is the reason why your vision will worsen after wearing glasses for some time) accompanied by other problems like headache's.

This is just a short and simple explanation of the working of the eye, but i believe that this is enough to explain where the problem lies.

SSinHeartandSoul said:
STanBlank said:

No it is not a good idea to use eye drops, the problem here is that the muscles in your eyes get strained, this will cause headache's and vision problems, in the long term it can even ''reprogram'' your nervousness system. All in all this is not what you want and i will share a couple of eye exercises that will relief the strain from your eye's and train your eyes to become stronger than ever before.

Your diet has an influence on your eye health, but the exercises below are a better and a more important solution to most eye related problems. The morning sun in particular can also have a good and healthy effect on your eyes.

Exercises:
1:
Since you work with computers a lot it is very important to let your eyes and facial muscles rest every 30 to 90 minutes, to do this simply look away from the screen and stare blankly in front of you, the aim here is to relax and give your eyes a little bit of respite.

2 since you always look at screens up close a lot it is very important to look at things in a distance, its best to go out for a walk, sit on a bench somewhere where you have some peace and look out in the distance, try to focus on objects that are 100m/500m/1km or any distance away from you.

3 You should be able to switch focus on objects that are at different distances away from you. for example put your hand in front of you and focus on it, a couple of seconds later look away from your hand and focus on an object that is 100m away from you. Your eyes should be able to instantly or almost instantly focus from your hand to the object and vise versa.

4.1 Your eyes are meant to move, not to be fixed at one point at all times. to train this you can simply go outside and sit somewhere quite, if there is a bird or a flying bug or anything that is moving around just try to follow its movements. You could also put one finger or pen in front of you and move it from left to right, you will only follow its movements only with your eyes (So don't turn your head).

4.2 Another exercise that will help with the problem above, is to put your finger or hand in front of you and move it away from you, after wards move close you, Keep focusing on the finger/hand.

- Most of these exercises are meant to be done multiple times in a row, the amount of repetitions is up to you, its also up to you to decide how often you do these exercises. But i will recommend to do at least 1 (Except from the first one) every day or every couple of days.

Avoid:
You should avoid anything that goes into or on the eye, this can damage the eye and or eyelids. Anything that goes in front of the eye like glasses should be avoided as well, the reason for this i will explain below.

How does it work?
So how does depth perception work? Your pupil is being held in place by 2 tiny muscles, these muscles contract and extend. When you look at something that is close by these muscles will contract, if these muscles are contracted for a long period of time you can get vision problems (This is the reason why your vision will worsen after wearing glasses for some time) accompanied by other problems like headache's.

This is just a short and simple explanation of the working of the eye, but i believe that this is enough to explain where the problem lies.

thank you, this is very helpful

Stormborn Warrior said:
was also in the position where i had to stare at a screen all day when i was working. And that was heavy duty.

There are some things you can improve with healthy habits.

Let me tell you what made my eyes like that as well and brain.

# coffee
# sugar
# not drinking enough water
# not eating healthy nutritional snacks throughout the day
# not even giving my eyes a break from screen

So what habits helped me was :

# drink tea instead.

# cut out the sugar or just reduce it. Prefer to cut it out.

# give eyes a break from the screen every 20 mins by looking at something else nearby or 10/20 seconds.

# eat nutritional bars or other nutritional snacks there and there.

# drink plenty of water throughout the day

Such things can impact your eyes and brain. Unhealthy things can drain power and energy from your brain and eyes and make it weak.

Perhaps search for what vitamins can you take before working to keep your eyes strong and healthy as well.

I dont use eye drops though . Not much of a fan of it. xd i get allergic to it. And makes my eyes worse.
Thanks for the advice, I should be cutting back on sugar now.

You Should Try Trataka yoga and Chi Kung for the eyes.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=63693&hilit=trataka

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46945&hilit=trataka

Exercícios para os olhos : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=andrei.brusentcov.eye_exercises.free&hl=pt_BR&gl=US

Exercícios e Treinamentos de Olho - Eye Care Plus : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eyeexamtest.eyecareplus&hl=pt_BR&gl=US

The Art of Cosmic Vision: Practices for Improving Your Eyesight : https://pt.br1lib.org/book/2285466/c3c51c

Tatiana Gebrael Capanema - English :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwxzIkbmafAy-UkzDW6faQ/videos

Do You Qi What I Qi? Four Exercises to Cultivate Healthy Eyes : https://www.holdenqigong.com/do-you-qi-what-i-qi-four-exercises-to-cultivate-healthy-eyes/

STanBlank said:

Look into blue light blocking. There are both software and glasses options. Although this does not help with the fact that you are staring at something so close for so long, it will reduce the degree of blood deficiency symptoms that you are having. In particular, it is the liver blood that nourishes the eyes and gets depleted from overwork or blue light exposure.

You can push the liver 3 acupoint to restore liver blood. Hatha yoga, particularly the headstand/shoulder-stand poses will also direct blood to the eyes. Yet, liver blood doesn't deplete just for no reason. It is better to solve the problem as best as you can, rather than just compensate.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back