Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Prediabetes

of the true light

Beyond eating low carb and exercising can anyone recommended anything else to reverse it?

There is already some nerve damage in the feet and legs as pains can be felt.

Thank you : )

of the true light said:
If one has too much pathological heat in their body (inflammation), this can lead to dampness accumulation, as any fluids are coagulated and solidified by the heat in the blood. This is the case with diabetes, where heat accumulation precedes dampness accumulation. Basically, diabetes is caused by too much dampness.

Function of the spleen is to remove dampness from the body through a metabolic perspective (maintaining blood sugar), but also an immune perspective (where immune cells will eat debris in the body). Excess sweetness, or excessive items of a cold property, will weaken the yang energy of the spleen, allowing a buildup of dampness in the body.

TCM teaches us that the application of diet therapy, herbs, acupuncture, proper sleep, and exercise can all be used to remove dampness. For a SS, treatment methods most familiar would be yoga or pranayama, especially yang-style activities that promotes the creation of fire energy. Furthermore, one can put energy into the spleen, through the use of Sowilo, Fehu or Uruz and program it to enhance spleen yang.

SatanicSpirit666 said:
of the true light said:
If one has too much pathological heat in their body (inflammation), this can lead to dampness accumulation, as any fluids are coagulated and solidified by the heat in the blood. This is the case with diabetes, where heat accumulation precedes dampness accumulation. Basically, diabetes is caused by too much dampness.

Function of the spleen is to remove dampness from the body through a metabolic perspective (maintaining blood sugar), but also an immune perspective (where immune cells will eat debris in the body). Excess sweetness, or excessive items of a cold property, will weaken the yang energy of the spleen, allowing a buildup of dampness in the body.

TCM teaches us that the application of diet therapy, herbs, acupuncture, proper sleep, and exercise can all be used to remove dampness. For a SS, treatment methods most familiar would be yoga or pranayama, especially yang-style activities that promotes the creation of fire energy. Furthermore, one can put energy into the spleen, through the use of Sowilo, Fehu or Uruz and program it to enhance spleen yang.

Often, type 2 diabetes can be related to Stomach Fire or Liver Qi Stagnation invading the Spleen. Type 1 diabetes is always related to deficient Kidney Yin or Yang.

So sometimes there may be a need to treat the Stomach or Liver, it is not always splenic.

Centralforce666 said:
Often, type 2 diabetes can be related to Stomach Fire or Liver Qi Stagnation invading the Spleen. Type 1 diabetes is always related to deficient Kidney Yin or Yang.

So sometimes there may be a need to treat the Stomach or Liver, it is not always splenic.

What you mention about Type 1 diabetes is interesting, because I noticed Kidney 3 was said to influence the pancreas.

I wanted to mention to you that I had tried using energy on a short-term basis for alleviating certain symptoms. This works similar to acupuncture where the treatment is not permanent like a 40-day working, yet helpful nonetheless.

What I had tried is inhaling elemental energy, then directing it to now treat me. For example, 10 breaths of water, then direct it at removing any heat in the stomach, or 10 breaths of fire to remove any dampness. In both cases, I felt immediate effects, similar to what holding an acupoint can produce, but stronger.

Also, maybe you already thought of this relationship, but I was reminded of the moon's influence on digestion by Blackdragon's post where he describes healing his stomach heat with a Moon square.

This makes sense, as the moon rules the yin of the body, such as the digestive system and stomach yin. https://satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/PlanetMoon.html

Centralforce666 said:
SatanicSpirit666 said:
of the true light said:

Thanks. I've been passionate about TCM for a few months now, but I still have more to learn. :D

of the true light said:
Beyond eating low carb and exercising can anyone recommended anything else to reverse it?

You forgot to mention to us how’s your body weight? And fat percentage.

How long did you leave this unchecked when you already have nerve damage?

Larissa666 said:
of the true light said:

I don't know my fat percentage but I am definitely way too overweight.

It was unchecked for years.

I've been advancing though and have lost a good amount over the past month and plan to continue until I reach ideal.

of the true light said:
Larissa666 said:
of the true light said:

I've been advancing though and have lost a good amount over the past month and plan to continue until I reach ideal.

Definitely keep losing weight. Once you get to healthy range, it might not do away with diabetes completely, but it will help immensely, trust me.

Treating diabetes while overweight is like trying to extinguish the fire while someone else keeps stoking it.

You can do it.

Larissa666 said:
of the true light said:
Larissa666 said:

Definitely keep losing weight. Once you get to healthy range, it might not do away with diabetes completely, but it will help immensely, trust me.

Treating diabetes while overweight is like trying to extinguish the fire while someone else keeps stoking it.

You can do it.
Thank you Larissa :)

I will.

of the true light said:

Avoid added sugars (you can eat a small amount, its easy to over do it so watch out).
As you already said, eat low carbs and exercise. I would recommend jogging and doing HIIT training once a week. (I can give you additional tips and information on exercise if you want)
Avoid processed foods, try to get your food from the farmers market.

Eat fresh vegetables! There are plenty of veggies that help you to detox your liver like beets, broccoli, sprouts, garlic, turmeric, mushrooms etc....

1 or 2 cups of watered down apple cider vinegar a day can also do wonders.

The biggest problem that you most likely have is that you have deficiencies, so have a healthy and balanced diet. It works best to slowly work your way to this point, any sudden changes can really backfire on you. What is a healthy and balanced diet? just take a look at what nature has to offer, this is how we are meant to sustain ourselves not by shoving heaps of processed foods into our faces. A good way to start is to eat fresh veggies, eat animal produce like egg, eating fresh and red meats or fish while limiting the amount of high carb foods like rice and potato.

SSinHeartandSoul said:
of the true light said:

Avoid added sugars (you can eat a small amount, its easy to over do it so watch out).
As you already said, eat low carbs and exercise. I would recommend jogging and doing HIIT training once a week. (I can give you additional tips and information on exercise if you want)
Avoid processed foods, try to get your food from the farmers market.

Eat fresh vegetables! There are plenty of veggies that help you to detox your liver like beets, broccoli, sprouts, garlic, turmeric, mushrooms etc....

1 or 2 cups of watered down apple cider vinegar a day can also do wonders.

The biggest problem that you most likely have is that you have deficiencies, so have a healthy and balanced diet. It works best to slowly work your way to this point, any sudden changes can really backfire on you. What is a healthy and balanced diet? just take a look at what nature has to offer, this is how we are meant to sustain ourselves not by shoving heaps of processed foods into our faces. A good way to start is to eat fresh veggies, eat animal produce like egg, eating fresh and red meats or fish while limiting the amount of high carb foods like rice and potato.
Rice and potatoes are two of my favorites.

I do cheat on my diet sometimes and eat them but for the most part it's very low carb, under 20 grams a day.

Also I have been drinking apple cider vinegar with Ceylon cinnamon.

I learned that if I eat a higher than normal carb meal and take ACV right after it will keep my blood sugar from spiking.

When I do cheat I do that.

It's easier to stick with the diet long term if you cheat every now and then they say.

There's actually a drug in trials right now (I forget the name) that zaps all the carbs from your system so you can eat what ever you want as a diabetic or pre-diabetic.

Until that comes out and becomes cheap enough to afford (it will be very expensive at first) I will just stick to the plan.

Dr. Berry has spoken about it: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=69996

You should not have a a need to "cheat". That implies that there is something wrong with your nutritional plan. Also, if you work out, which you should include into your daily life, 20 grams of carbohydrates is not enough to fuel everything. Working out does not need to be all out every day, nor should it be, but given your health situation you need to reconsider your approach.

of the true light said:

I do cheat on my diet sometimes and eat them but for the most part it's very low carb, under 20 grams a day.

I learned that if I eat a higher than normal carb meal and take ACV right after it will keep my blood sugar from spiking.

It's easier to stick with the diet long term if you cheat every now and then they say.

There's actually a drug in trials right now (I forget the name) that zaps all the carbs from your system so you can eat what ever you want as a diabetic or pre-diabetic.

Until that comes out and becomes cheap enough to afford (it will be very expensive at first) I will just stick to the plan.

Dr. Berry has spoken about it: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=69996

Eating rice, potato or whatever is completely fine, the things i said above are just guidelines. Not being allowed carbs, sugars can be a real mood killer so keep eating them. i eat plenty of rice with my meals, but i also put in twice the amount of veggies to make sure i do get the necessary nutrients in me. This is good enough for me personally.

I do not trust any of the drugs that will solve all them problems, i rather keep it all natural.

B.t.w. insulin prevents you from losing weight, so try to keep snacking to a minimum to prevent insulin from spiking.... Totally forgot to say this in my original comment, anyways it sounds like you are doing well! keep it up

SSinHeartandSoul said:
of the true light said:

Eating rice, potato or whatever is completely fine, the things i said above are just guidelines. Not being allowed carbs, sugars can be a real mood killer so keep eating them. i eat plenty of rice with my meals, but i also put in twice the amount of veggies to make sure i do get the necessary nutrients in me. This is good enough for me personally.

I do not trust any of the drugs that will solve all them problems, i rather keep it all natural.

B.t.w. insulin prevents you from losing weight, so try to keep snacking to a minimum to prevent insulin from spiking.... Totally forgot to say this in my original comment, anyways it sounds like you are doing well! keep it up
Actually I feel way better on low carb and am losing lots of unneeded body fat. Plus, I'm never very hungry which is nice. I do eat some carbs like almonds and one piece of keto bread a day which are both low. If I didn't have to eat low carb I wouldn't but I have too. The funny thing is my doctor gave me some dietary papers that didn't say anything about eating low carb to reverse prediabetes. I had to do my own research to learn that. Yes, I know about snacking. Thank you my friend!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back