Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Tonsils and throat inflammation/irritation ?

The Outlaw Torn

Is this the cause of my throat soreness and should I get them removed? Also what are some natural remedies to this? I know gargling a hot cup of salt water has helped for me

The Outlaw Torn said:
Is this the cause of my throat soreness and should I get them removed? Also what are some natural remedies to this? I know gargling a hot cup of salt water has helped for me

Ginger raw eaten, works well against most throat problems relatet to bacteria/viruses. One can also drink ginger tee.

I recommend a period of rest and hot drinks (chamomile, lime, onion, mint or ginger tea), soft foods (smoothies, soups), citrus fruits, berries and carrots.

Gargle with salt water: salt has antibacterial properties. Perhaps you could also own a humidifier to keep the humidity in your room at normal levels (50-55%). When the air is dry, bacteria and viruses grow faster.

Don't forget that hydration is important in any illness, but especially in colds, flu and tonsillitis.

As for removing tonsils, don't do it. Because the solution is permanent, it is used as a last resort and is only recommended in severe cases and relapses.

It should be kept in mind that tonsils play an important role in protecting the body from germs and viruses. If we remove the tonsils through surgery, our body will be more vulnerable. This is why doctors only resort to this solution in serious cases.

The Outlaw Torn said:

The short answer is that this is considered "heat". One source of heat can be from a cold, but in the absence of that, this comes from the rest of the body. It is similar to inflammation and can be thought of like that for practical purposes.

Heat rises from the rest of the body, perhaps from a specific organ, or the body, in general, being a little yin-deficient. However, you do not have to make some grand diagnosis to at least alleviate this. To do so, press the Lung-11 acupoint, shown below. This point employs the lungs to drain heat from the throat, and also works in the case of a cold as well.

The tonsils are part of the immune system and are swollen due to the heat in the area. They are actively trying to remove the heat, not cause it. There is no reason to remove any organ unless you unknowingly let an imbalance grow to an emergency.

Various-points-along-the-Lung-Channel.png

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=326686 time=1645395552 user_id=21286]
The Outlaw Torn said:

The short answer is that this is considered "heat". One source of heat can be from a cold, but in the absence of that, this comes from the rest of the body. It is similar to inflammation and can be thought of like that for practical purposes.

Heat rises from the rest of the body, perhaps from a specific organ, or the body, in general, being a little yin-deficient. However, you do not have to make some grand diagnosis to at least alleviate this. To do so, press the Lung-11 acupoint, shown below. This point employs the lungs to drain heat from the throat, and also works in the case of a cold as well.

The tonsils are part of the immune system and are swollen due to the heat in the area. They are actively trying to remove the heat, not cause it. There is no reason to remove any organ unless you unknowingly let an imbalance grow to an emergency.

Various-points-along-the-Lung-Channel.png
I can press these acupoints with my fingers or is a tool required?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back