Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Sparkling skin

Kavya Shukra

Is it normal to have sparkling skin? I noticed that my hands, arms, face and palms sparkle when they are exposed to sunlight, and I looked closer and realize I have small bumps all over my skin that cause sparkles when exposed to most forms of light, especially sunlight. Is this normal to have?

Kavya Shukra said:
Is it normal to have sparkling skin? I noticed that my hands, arms, face and palms sparkle when they are exposed to sunlight, and I looked closer and realize I have small bumps all over my skin that cause sparkles when exposed to most forms of light, especially sunlight. Is this normal to have?

Your post reminds me of Edward Cullen.

RockSeed13 said:
Kavya Shukra said:

Your post reminds me of Edward Cullen.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. My mom also has that as well, where her skin would sparkle when she is outside in the sunlight. It looks like glitter. With me, I don't wear makeup or anything of the sort and I can see bumps in my hands that sparkle when I move my hands around the sunlight.

Kavya Shukra said:
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. My mom also has that as well, where her skin would sparkle when she is outside in the sunlight. It looks like glitter. With me, I don't wear makeup or anything of the sort and I can see bumps in my hands that sparkle when I move my hands around the sunlight.

Well, be careful, there will be twilight fangirls swooning over you. :lol:

RockSeed13 said:
Kavya Shukra said:

Well, be careful, there will be twilight fangirls swooning over you. :lol:

Not really. If anything, they would be swooning over how smart I am. Because looks is one of the last things they'll notice. Tho I do have a rather interesting mix of Greek and Native American/Mexican features.

Kavya Shukra said:

If you look closely you'll see that those little bumps are actually sweat droplets which are escaping from the pores in your skin.

It's completely normal as it's just the refraction of light in the liquid causing a sparkling effect.

Lilac said:
Kavya Shukra said:

If you look closely you'll see that those little bumps are actually sweat droplets which are escaping from the pores in your skin.

It's completely normal as it's just the refraction of light in the liquid causing a sparkling effect.

Oh wow. Thanks.

Kavya Shukra said:
Lilac said:
Kavya Shukra said:

Oh wow. Thanks.
No problem, I experienced this phenomona myself and was super confused but I thought it was super cool.

Next time you're outside, wipe your arm with a cloth(could be your shirt or pants) and see if the sparkling doesn't stop for a brief moment. Or, stay in a cool area but let the sun shine through a window or something and see if it sparkles.

You'll find that it really is just sweat. Kind of disapointing I know, after all, who wouldn't want to have beautiful sparkling skin.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back