Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I need help with losing and maintaining weight. I'm overweight. And psychiatric medication.

Catalincata94

So i am overweight and i tried losing weight before but i gained it back and more, the first time i tried losing weight was by eating a low calories diet but i didn't lose weight probably the diet was not so low on calories as i calculated. The second time i tried was a success, i just eat less and i did physical exercises (and the 5 tibetan rites) and i lost 9 kg total but i gained it back and more, i think the secound time i lost weight too fast in the beginning, the first week i lost 2 kg then 1 kg per week then less and less and then i got so hungry that i couldn't resist to not to eat so less anymore.

Another thing is i'm taking psychiatric medication which is known to gain weight because of the side effect they have. I am well aware of the problem that the meds are doing and i'm on withdrawal right now. I go slow with the withdrawal because it's hard if i go faster and the thing is that it will take me 2.8 years to go off in total, that's slow but with a stable mind. One medication is an antipsyhotic that is know to be hard to go off just like benzos and the other medication is a benzo that is harder to go off with some specific medication and one of that is the one that i take (the antipsychotic). I started the withdrawal last year in april. I go 5% every 2 weeks but there were two times when i took a pause of 1 week.

I'm doing a working for weight loss and today is the last day of 80 days...
i use this affirmation "I always have a healthy weight for me in all ways in a healthy and pozitive way for me" "I always have a healthy and balanced appetite in all ways in a healthy and pozitive way for me" as i understood from JOS is that with the "in a healthy and pozitive way for me" is harder to manifest things that just saying simply and that you can't have success without pain... so should i do the working without that affirmation?

And of course i'm doing a working for the illness for what i take the meds (paranoid schizophrenia)

I'm also thinking that because of the meds i can't maintain a low weight because an ex psychiatrist of mine said something that the body needs to have more weight for some fucking reason i don't remember.

So any solutions on losing weight or atleast stopping from putting more weight on me?

I'm doing the 5 tibetan rites as exercises (they are also good for weight loss) and 2 times exercises but just like 10 squats and a few more exercises and i'm planning to take walks in the afternoon. Not sure if i could run much... no i will run instead of walk just to be sure... i kept doing the T5R from when i started it last year and a few exercises but i still gained some weigth.
So how to avoid gaining the weight back?

Doing hata yoga got some what hard to do in some poses and if this keeps continuing i maybe unable to do yoga...

Curious to know how to address this as well. Got alot of chubby people in my extended family. The issue is likely more so spiritual battle and toxicity of the foods/drinks you intake.

Also some medications are well know to make people fat quickly. I'm not a medical professional so I can't give advice on it aside from check the materials in which the pills are made from. Some come in gel pills or some sort of plastic looking two piece pills or chewable looking pills. Perhaps some of these materials contain some toxicity?

Drinks such as Frappe, Iced Latte, Milkshakes and so forth put on weight faster then solid foods.

Also avoid Soy produces they are making people into manlets.

Catalincata94 said:
So i am overweight and i tried losing weight before but i gained it back and more, the first time i tried losing weight was by eating a low calories diet but i didn't lose weight probably the diet was not so low on calories as i calculated. The second time i tried was a success, i just eat less and i did physical exercises (and the 5 tibetan rites) and i lost 9 kg total but i gained it back and more, i think the secound time i lost weight too fast in the beginning, the first week i lost 2 kg then 1 kg per week then less and less and then i got so hungry that i couldn't resist to not to eat so less anymore.

Another thing is i'm taking psychiatric medication which is known to gain weight because of the side effect they have. I am well aware of the problem that the meds are doing and i'm on withdrawal right now. I go slow with the withdrawal because it's hard if i go faster and the thing is that it will take me 2.8 years to go off in total, that's slow but with a stable mind. One medication is an antipsyhotic that is know to be hard to go off just like benzos and the other medication is a benzo that is harder to go off with some specific medication and one of that is the one that i take (the antipsychotic). I started the withdrawal last year in april. I go 5% every 2 weeks but there were two times when i took a pause of 1 week.

i use this affirmation "I always have a healthy weight for me in all ways in a healthy and pozitive way for me" "I always have a healthy and balanced appetite in all ways in a healthy and pozitive way for me" as i understood from JOS is that with the "in a healthy and pozitive way for me" is harder to manifest things that just saying simply and that you can't have success without pain... so should i do the working without that affirmation?

And of course i'm doing a working for the illness for what i take the meds (paranoid schizophrenia)

I'm also thinking that because of the meds i can't maintain a low weight because an ex psychiatrist of mine said something that the body needs to have more weight for some fucking reason i don't remember.

So any solutions on losing weight or atleast stopping from putting more weight on me?

I'm doing the 5 tibetan rites as exercises (they are also good for weight loss) and 2 times exercises but just like 10 squats and a few more exercises and i'm planning to take walks in the afternoon. Not sure if i could run much... no i will run instead of walk just to be sure... i kept doing the T5R from when i started it last year and a few exercises but i still gained some weigth.

Doing hata yoga got some what hard to do in some poses and if this keeps continuing i maybe unable to do yoga...
Your Dosha is probably Kapha. People like you are overweight and have excesses of the elements Jala ( water ) and Prithivi ( earth ).
That means you need to increase your opposite elements of water and earth, i.e. air and fire. But you say you are anxious and stuff like that and it seems you have imbalances with air ( Vāyu ) too, so safer not to invoke it. Best to invoke ether and maybe fire, if you feel up to it.
Those who are like you, overweight, have Yang energy deficiencies. It is necessary to do Yang Yoga, Kapalabhati or Bhastrika Pranayama and eat foods that increase digestion. Spicy foods are suitable. Continue to meditate daily and empower your Solar Chakra. Don't forget to do exercise.

Hey Zeus Kristos said:
Curious to know how to address this as well. Got alot of chubby people in my extended family. The issue is likely more so spiritual battle and toxicity of the foods/drinks you intake.

Also some medications are well know to make people fat quickly. I'm not a medical professional so I can't give advice on it aside from check the materials in which the pills are made from. Some come in gel pills or some sort of plastic looking two piece pills or chewable looking pills. Perhaps some of these materials contain some toxicity?

Drinks such as Frappe, Iced Latte, Milkshakes and so forth put on weight faster then solid foods.

Also avoid Soy produces they are making people into manlets.

I don't drink sugary drinks. I drink just water from springs. And no soy produces.
The antipsychotic that i take has a side effect that makes people fat and i just read that it's needed to do diet because of that...

Siatris Ioholo said:
Catalincata94 said:

Your Dosha is probably Kapha. People like you are overweight and have excesses of the elements Jala ( water ) and Prithivi ( earth ).
That means you need to increase your opposite elements of water and earth, i.e. air and fire. But you say you are anxious and stuff like that and it seems you have imbalances with air ( Vāyu ) too, so safer not to invoke it. Best to invoke ether and maybe fire, if you feel up to it.
Those who are like you, overweight, have Yang energy deficiencies. It is necessary to do Yang Yoga, Kapalabhati or Bhastrika Pranayama and eat foods that increase digestion. Spicy foods are suitable. Continue to meditate daily and empower your Solar Chakra. Don't forget to do exercise.
Yeah, i'm a little anxious...
Ok, thanks a lot!

Siatris Ioholo said:
Catalincata94 said:

I did ether invocation for 1 year while doing it i imagined that my elements are perfectly balamced not sure if it's because of that but, i started and i still am thinking more than before even while meditating, i'm not sure why... too much air element?

Catalincata94 said:

Something I have tried recently that has worked well (although sometimes too strongly), is the use of mudras to alter your doshas. From my experience, these are not like acupoints where the more you hold them, the better it is. Instead, you should hold them for perhaps 10-20 minutes and then stop if you feel better. There have been times when I have done a mudra for increasing kapha and it made me super tired until I corrected it with the reverse mudra.

The mudra that decreases kapha and therefore increases pitta is: https://mudraguide.com/mudras/other-mudras/pitta-kaarak-mudra-kapha-naashak-mudra/

I would start with this. You can also lookup mudras for increasing or decreasing vata as well. Like I said, just be careful with these and make sure you are paying attention to the results they can have. Once you feel you have increased or decreased something by enough, then just leave it until later.

In regards to losing weight, once the kapha is reducing in the body, then the weight loss or maintenance should start to happen. In this way just be patient, don't think you have to hold the mudra until the weight starts decreasing, because that may be too much.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=319684 time=1643226217 user_id=21286]
Once you feel you have increased or decreased something by enough, then just leave it until later.
Interesting resource. I will now study and experiment mudras. Thank you.

Do you think that the effects could be somewhat permanent, or more likely return to your previous levels after while?

Blitzkreig [JG said:
Catalincata94 said:

Something I have tried recently that has worked well (although sometimes too strongly), is the use of mudras to alter your doshas. From my experience, these are not like acupoints where the more you hold them, the better it is. Instead, you should hold them for perhaps 10-20 minutes and then stop if you feel better. There have been times when I have done a mudra for increasing kapha and it made me super tired until I corrected it with the reverse mudra.

The mudra that decreases kapha and therefore increases pitta is: https://mudraguide.com/mudras/other-mudras/pitta-kaarak-mudra-kapha-naashak-mudra/

I would start with this. You can also lookup mudras for increasing or decreasing vata as well. Like I said, just be careful with these and make sure you are paying attention to the results they can have. Once you feel you have increased or decreased something by enough, then just leave it until later.

In regards to losing weight, once the kapha is reducing in the body, then the weight loss or maintenance should start to happen. In this way just be patient, don't think you have to hold the mudra until the weight starts decreasing, because that may be too much.
Thanks bro! This is perfect for me right now because right now i can't do yang yoga for weight loss, but i will start it in spring and i started doing bhastrika breading(as it was mentioned above) and it's very useful, i got now more energy and i also got energy from T5R. Yesterday and before yesterday i was so energized that i was a little agitated and wanting to move, i did physical exercises and i got stable. Right now i'm doing two mudras, one is the prayer mudra for calming the mind and balancing the soul, and the other one is for concentration, it's the dhyani mudra.

Henu the Great said:
Do you think that the effects could be somewhat permanent, or more likely return to your previous levels after while?

It doesn't change your soul, so it isn't truly permanent. In my experience, the effects last perhaps a day or two, although you can easily redo them. There is some seasonal influence as well like the winter producing a stronger kapha influence than normal. I would feel colder, but normal acupoints weren't fixing this as easily, but the kapha-reducing mudra did.

Catalincata94 said:
Thanks bro! This is perfect for me right now because right now i can't do yang yoga for weight loss, but i will start it in spring and i started doing bhastrika breading(as it was mentioned above) and it's very useful, i got now more energy and i also got energy from T5R. Yesterday and before yesterday i was so energized that i was a little agitated and wanting to move, i did physical exercises and i got stable. Right now i'm doing two mudras, one is the prayer mudra for calming the mind and balancing the soul, and the other one is for concentration, it's the dhyani mudra.

One part of weight gain can come from heat in the body because fat is considered not just dampness, but phlegm (congealed dampness). Some yin deficiency can result in stomach heat, which then can lead to further dampness as the food intake is in excess.

I say this because you mention agitation now, and have before. If you feel hot or short-tempered, have dark circles under the eyes, or have redness around the cheeks, these can indicate yin deficiency and heat.

Therefore, one has to look at both the yin and yang side of things (although primary yang if you have felt overly tired before). Using kidney 3 or spleen 6, especially spleen 6, will create lots of yin in the body, which can make you feel much calmer. Done excessively, you could start to feel tired, though.

If it is the case that you do have yin deficiency, don't be afraid of investing a little bit of yang into recreating healthy yin. Like I said before, this will help to calm heat, cool the stomach and excess appetite, and will help to produce more yang later.

If you do not have stomach heat, then you should otherwise not fear eating, as eating healthy foods would not cause weight gain. However, if you feel sugar crashes (spleen dysfunction), or sustained hunger even after eating a meal (stomach heat), then that is a problem.

Thanks for the heads-up about the other mudras.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
Catalincata94 said:

Now i understand what's going on, i used before for some time prana mudra which increases kapha dosha and also decreases pitta dosha, plus the meds and it equals weight gain. The solution is the opposite mudra which you showed me on the link. And i also did gyan mudra for pretty long time and it increased the air element and i've got excess thinking because of that now i will use the opposite to decrease the air which is this mudra https://mudraguide.com/mudras/basic-mudras/vaayu-shaamak-mudra-vaayu-mudra/
I've got the hang of it XD Thanks again, this was really helpful!

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=321690 time=1643843176 user_id=21286]
Catalincata94 said:

One part of weight gain can come from heat in the body because fat is considered not just dampness, but phlegm (congealed dampness). Some yin deficiency can result in stomach heat, which then can lead to further dampness as the food intake is in excess.

I say this because you mention agitation now, and have before. If you feel hot or short-tempered, have dark circles under the eyes, or have redness around the cheeks, these can indicate yin deficiency and heat.

Therefore, one has to look at both the yin and yang side of things (although primary yang if you have felt overly tired before). Using kidney 3 or spleen 6, especially spleen 6, will create lots of yin in the body, which can make you feel much calmer. Done excessively, you could start to feel tired, though.

If it is the case that you do have yin deficiency, don't be afraid of investing a little bit of yang into recreating healthy yin. Like I said before, this will help to calm heat, cool the stomach and excess appetite, and will help to produce more yang later.

If you do not have stomach heat, then you should otherwise not fear eating, as eating healthy foods would not cause weight gain. However, if you feel sugar crashes (spleen dysfunction), or sustained hunger even after eating a meal (stomach heat), then that is a problem.

Thanks for the heads-up about the other mudras.
I am short-tempered and have dark circles under the eyes. Oh yeah i feel alittle hungry if im not full after eating, so that's stomac heat... And sometimes i have stomac acid or acid reflux not sure how it's called, it's a burning sensation in the chest after eating some meals like rice, bean soup and corn powder (we have here a food that is made out of corn powder, it is boiled and then we eat it like that)
I don't understand the excessively part of spleen 6, you mean doing it too much per day or just doing it for a long period of time creates tiredness? I'm doing it for for a long time now.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back