Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Nutrition Textbook Recommendations Please!

thefuckingunicorn

Hello! I’m really interested in studying nutrition and was wondering if you could make me some recommendations for good sources. I do a lot of web research on nutrition and different foods, but I don’t trust a lot of the information posted to the web as a lot of it lists the FDA as a credible source. I believe a lot of what is put on the internet in regards to nutrition is bad or biased advice, and I’m really just interested in learning the science of proper nutrition.

Some of my goals are being able to properly balance macros for both myself and others, being able to make meal plans that are rich in nutrients no matter the dietary restrictions, and how/what to eat to heal your body or treat different symptoms.

I’m thinking that I’d really like a college level textbook as I’m hoping it would be less biased than a book, but if you have good book recommendations for me, then please do share.

Thanks so much!

thefuckingunicorn said:
Hello! I’m really interested in studying nutrition and was wondering if you could make me some recommendations for good sources. I do a lot of web research on nutrition and different foods, but I don’t trust a lot of the information posted to the web as a lot of it lists the FDA as a credible source. I believe a lot of what is put on the internet in regards to nutrition is bad or biased advice, and I’m really just interested in learning the science of proper nutrition.

Some of my goals are being able to properly balance macros for both myself and others, being able to make meal plans that are rich in nutrients no matter the dietary restrictions, and how/what to eat to heal your body or treat different symptoms.

I’m thinking that I’d really like a college level textbook as I’m hoping it would be less biased than a book, but if you have good book recommendations for me, then please do share.

Thanks so much!

Wont get a better book than the encyclopedia Arnie wrote, it has a great bit about food to eat plus in depth about macros, which he obviously had to get right. Its alot easier to check these days than his but worth it.

I cannot suggest any textbook. Look for studies instead and also apply common sense. Example of red flags to be ignored:

:arrow: Promoting imbalances like a high-protein diet or a high-carb diet or a high-whatever diet.
:arrow: Promoting imbalances like overeating of whatever or excluding things from your diet (i.e. veganism, vegetarianism, paleo, bodybuilding diets...) or undereating (e.g. bulking and shredding advice)
:arrow: Promoting lifelong intake of any supplement, with the exception of minerals and vitamins
:arrow: Promoting processed foods, alcohol, carbonated drinks and other nutrient-poor or empty products.
:arrow: Promoting GMO and out-of-season food that is unnaturally grown in places like greenhouses (i.e. here I see a lot of seedless grapes, which is very unnatural and very wrong)

There are many more red flags in today's corrupted world that is based on making people sick slowly and steadily. One just has to have common sense which is developed through expanding your awareness (i.e. meditations and other limbs of yoga). Whatever one's goal is, it's not worth trading your body's health for it.

Study of biology also helps. Remember, though, science is not faith-based system. The scientific method is based on questioning things and gathering evidence to answer your questions moving from hypothesis to theory then law, while still keeping an open mind that laws may be wrong as new evidence may arise that makes it regress through the stages of proving. One must not make the mistake of taking science axioms as absolute, as that causes you to close your mind which results in stagnation and death.

Stormblood said:
I cannot suggest any textbook. Look for studies instead and also apply common sense. Example of red flags to be ignored:

:arrow: Promoting imbalances like a high-protein diet or a high-carb diet or a high-whatever diet.
:arrow: Promoting imbalances like overeating of whatever or excluding things from your diet (i.e. veganism, vegetarianism, paleo, bodybuilding diets...) or undereating (e.g. bulking and shredding advice)
:arrow: Promoting lifelong intake of any supplement, with the exception of minerals and vitamins
:arrow: Promoting processed foods, alcohol, carbonated drinks and other nutrient-poor or empty products.
:arrow: Promoting GMO and out-of-season food that is unnaturally grown in places like greenhouses (i.e. here I see a lot of seedless grapes, which is very unnatural and very wrong)

There are many more red flags in today's corrupted world that is based on making people sick slowly and steadily. One just has to have common sense which is developed through expanding your awareness (i.e. meditations and other limbs of yoga). Whatever one's goal is, it's not worth trading your body's health for it.

Study of biology also helps. Remember, though, science is not faith-based system. The scientific method is based on questioning things and gathering evidence to answer your questions moving from hypothesis to theory then law, while still keeping an open mind that laws may be wrong as new evidence may arise that makes it regress through the stages of proving. One must not make the mistake of taking science axioms as absolute, as that causes you to close your mind which results in stagnation and death.

Some right bad promoted diets, whats the worst one you have seen Stormblood.

Mind the Atkins Diet

thefuckingunicorn said:

Thanks so much!

See the following thread

Basics About Nutrition, Diet, Cooking, Supplements and Eating Well

Be sure to read the replies also as two very knowledge members on health replied in the thread(Blitzkreig and CentralForce666)

thefuckingunicorn said:

Thanks so much!

Personally i really like the information DR Eric Berg shares, i would highly recommend watching his vids.

An easy way to learn how to make a balanced diet is to look at what nature has to offer, the way we are living today is extremely unnatural and should be avoided. For example in nature it is easy to find edible plants and animals, at the same time it is hard to find foods that have a lot of carbs.

What do you see today? Almost all foods have a lot of carbs (With added poison as a bonus) while it contains barely any nutrients, if they do have nutrients its most of the times added fake nutrients.... the food has an unnatural high amount of carbs, its processed in harmful ways, it is devoid of nutrients, in other words it is not made for human consumption.

Greens have most of the nutrients that your body needs, red and fresh meat /fish / animal produce adds the rest. carbs is mostly a source of energy, and should be eaten in moderation. this is an over simplified explanation, but it is the core of a good and balanced diet.

--------------
By the way, food does not heal your body! You are simply giving your body the nutrients to heal itself.

EnkiUK55 said:
Stormblood said:

Mind the Atkins Diet

The worst ones are vegan, rotten, and raw. These 3 diets take the cake.

Lean Gains (60% protein, basically) and high-carb (50-60%) are also pretty bad, but as not as damaging.

Fortunately, I was smart enough not to try any of them.

Stormblood said:
EnkiUK55 said:
Stormblood said:

Mind the Atkins Diet

The worst ones are vegan, rotten, and raw. These 3 diets take the cake.

Lean Gains (60% protein, basically) and high-carb (50-60%) are also pretty bad, but as not as damaging.

Fortunately, I was smart enough not to try any of them.

Defo stormblood my bro

Have to admit trying the maximum protein possible one until i studied the effects etc :lol:

I recommend reading the Foundations of Traditional Chinese Medicine and then read books about Chinese Dietary Therapy.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back