Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Unhealthy hair problems.

Hello, I have problem regarding the health of my hair. Now currently I am completely bald but I thought I write this topic in advance before my hair eventually grows back :lol:

So my hair grows out to an afro but for some reason its always completely dry, it was at the point where no matter how much I washed it, it was not only dry but every time I shower its like as if I hadn't wash my hair in months or something like that also it was always itchy and infested with headlice despite being no where near anyone physically. So obviosuly I have to shave but I like my hair and I dislike shaving it but only have to cause of these problems I face.

So far I had tried
-Showering every 2nd day (Conditioner on shower days + Shampoo on 4th shower day)
-Showering every day (Monday-Monday, Conditioner every day + Shampoo once a week)

I also used leave in conditioner, sometimes this was every 2nd day or once a week. Using this makes my health look very nice but only for a short time then eventually it just goes back to looking horrible.

Apologies for long post, but does anyone have any advice on how I can make my hair healthy and not dry out instantly?

Thank you in advance and HAIL SATAN :smile:

Normal shampoo will dry your hair and ruin it. Look into the nopoo method.

Try putting coconut oil in your hair after showering. Also try to eliminate any hair products with sulfates. Considering the lice, I would maybe include tea tree oil mixed with coconut. To eliminate lice spray and work in vinegar, well dissolved salt, and water solution in your scalp then after drying coat your scalp in petroleum jelly or Vaseline and sleep with a shower cap to smother the nits and eggs. I would also make sure you are on a healthy vitamin and nutrition regimen. Maybe include biotin in your vitamin regimen and omega 3 fish oils or krill oil. Good luck.

SagittarianMage said:
Try putting coconut oil in your hair after showering. Also try to eliminate any hair products with sulfates. Considering the lice, I would maybe include tea tree oil mixed with coconut. To eliminate lice spray and work in vinegar, well dissolved salt, and water solution in your scalp then after drying coat your scalp in petroleum jelly or Vaseline and sleep with a shower cap to smother the nits and eggs. I would also make sure you are on a healthy vitamin and nutrition regimen. Maybe include biotin in your vitamin regimen and omega 3 fish oils or krill oil. Good luck.
I'll keep all this in mind when my hair eventually grows back, thank you so much for the advice. Unfortunately due to a physical problem which I will be hopefully getting removed thanks to a working I've been doing that pointed me to the solution, I am a bit limited in what I can eat right now but I'll definitely be back to being healthy early-mid January :D

Aquarius said:
Normal shampoo will dry your hair and ruin it. Look into the nopoo method.
I will look into this nopoo method, thank you for the advice :smile:

There is a natural remdedy i think the name is FO-TI

I will double check.

So I am going to assume your hair curl type is in the 3c to 4c range from your description. From the sounds of it your hair dryness may be related to your hair porosity which is your hair's ability to absorb moisture due to its 'roughness'.

From the sounds of it one of the things you will need is a moisture mask for the dryness. The difference between this and the leave in conditioner is that the conditioner is designed to hydrate the cuticle, which is the outer layer of the hair, as it is designed to also smoothen and defrizz. This is why your hair being healthy only lasts 1-2 days :D . Moisture masks are designed for hydrating the cortex and medulla which are the inner layers of the hair shaft which appear to be where your dryness is originating from. Luckily moisture masks have a longer impact on the hair so that should help. I would recommend an overnight mask to maximize the absorbency.

In terms of DIY moisture masks coconut oil is a good mask, but it should be put on before a shower for 20-30 minutes as it can cause protein build up on the scalp and the hair itself depending on your porosity type; however, Grapeseed oil is an excellent moisturizer and is non-comedogenic so there is no risk of protein build up. It is also a natural remedy for baldness so that may help with degrowing your hair. I would definitely recommend this as an overnight mask. In terms of the lice, the grapeseed oil should really help to smoother them. You can also add essential oils as grapeseed oil is a carrier oil to help assist with the lice or just add a nice scent :D . Lice wise, tea tree oil can help kill of a good chunk of them and peppermint oil can help with repelling. Sadly, they are tough little buggers and the essential oils won't quite kill them all off.

I also have other products I would recommend commercially, but I don't know your preferences or budget so if you are curious just ask :D . If you do look at store products, avoid products with parabens, sulfates, and alcohols as they are damaging and drying. Also, try looking for products that are cruelty free. It has nothing to do with the quality of the actual product, just the ethics behind the companies and something I try promoting for awareness but that is your own decision.

Before I forget, how long has the lice been a problem? Do you have any pets or live in a apartment complex with shared laundry? Lice can survive for 1-2 days without a host, so if it is an ongoing problem it could be transferred indirectly through washing machines, clothes, animals, etc. I would recommend washing things like towels and sheets on the warm - hot setting on the washer to sanitize and kill off any lice on your stuff. Same with the drying cycle, warm - hot drying just to make sure they are gone. Better to be overkill then to risk a few getting through. If you still have problems, you need find the source of where they are coming from as I can't help past washing stuff :? .

If you have any other questions hair wise just ask and all of us here will try to help :D .

Centralforce666 said:
Yes fo-ti or He Shou Wou is the remedy to darken and thicken hair.

I have used Fo-Ti central Force nice one :D

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back