Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Weight Loss

Elite

Months ago I started a diet and have loss 16 kg. But it started to slow. I take daily 1500 calorie but for like 1 week I can't loss any. I did weight loss meditation for 100+ days. I didn't count day to day but I know I did it for months, still my metabolism is slow.

What should I do? At least I have to loss 15-20 kg to be fit.

Note: I don't do and can't do sports due to lack of self-discipline. I tried many times but ended as break of diet and gained again weights that I had loss. Please advise anything beside that. Sports just create stress on me and I can't handle it.

Bright Truth said:

Look up "kapha-balancing diet" and base your diet around that. You don't need to be eating necessarily with caloric restrictions, rather you eat foods that are energetically lighter and more yang-promoting. Fat is simply a pathological accumulation of yin material in the body.

If you are overweight, that means your body is more prone to building yin than yang. Therefore, focus more on yang foods and yang exercises like KY Yoga, Tibetan 5 Rites, breath of fire pranayama, cardio exercise, balancing with fire/ether, Sun/Mars workings.

Each person has to do exercise according to their constitution. Someone who has too much yang needs to do yin exercise. In a similar manner, you must be doing exercise. However, exercise should not be stressful, nor should you feel like you just climbed a mountain.

Something as simple as 30 minutes on the treadmill, while you watch a video or read a book, is all that is needed. Your pace should be at a moderate intensity, with light sweating, but not anything more. You will feel happier and energized afterward, not stressed.

If you need self-discipline, then look towards Nauthiz and void meditation for building discipline both with your exercise and with anything else. You have to confront your problems in all areas of life, not avoid them. Just like we cannot simply avoid our meditations, we cannot ignore our physical bodies and must take appropriate actions to balance them.

Sports is excactly what you are missing, and what is required. If you lack the disclipine, then it's up to you to make it so that you have it. Plenty of meditative methods to choose from to enhance that aspect of yourself.

Uruz, Nauthiz, Sowilo, for example.

Planetary squares of Sun and Mars.

Colours red, black, and trance state. Affirmations...

Blitzkreig said:
Bright Truth said:

Look up "kapha-balancing diet" and base your diet around that. You don't need to be eating necessarily with caloric restrictions, rather you eat foods that are energetically lighter and more yang-promoting. Fat is simply a pathological accumulation of yin material in the body.

If you are overweight, that means your body is more prone to building yin than yang. Therefore, focus more on yang foods and yang exercises like KY Yoga, Tibetan 5 Rites, breath of fire pranayama, cardio exercise, balancing with fire/ether, Sun/Mars workings.

Each person has to do exercise according to their constitution. Someone who has too much yang needs to do yin exercise. In a similar manner, you must be doing exercise. However, exercise should not be stressful, nor should you feel like you just climbed a mountain.

Something as simple as 30 minutes on the treadmill, while you watch a video or read a book, is all that is needed. Your pace should be at a moderate intensity, with light sweating, but not anything more. You will feel happier and energized afterward, not stressed.

If you need self-discipline, then look towards Nauthiz and void meditation for building discipline both with your exercise and with anything else. You have to confront your problems in all areas of life, not avoid them. Just like we cannot simply avoid our meditations, we cannot ignore our physical bodies and must take appropriate actions to balance them.

Thanks for answers, guys!

For discipline, I actually invoking earth element for a really long time, little by little it strengthens my discipline but for now, not at the sufficient level. It still needs time. But I will try daily walking, if you say so.

And I searched but I'm not sure about I understood it properly. Yang foods are making your body hot, right? Like hot coffee, black tea etc.

And if I have so much yin energy, should I cut out doing hatha yoga and go only with kundalini yoga to balance? Or yang will increase anyway even if I don't cut out hatha?

Bright Truth said:
Thanks for answers, guys!

For discipline, I actually invoking earth element for a really long time, little by little it strengthens my discipline but for now, not at the sufficient level. It still needs time. But I will try daily walking, if you say so.

And I searched but I'm not sure about I understood it properly. Yang foods are making your body hot, right? Like hot coffee, black tea etc.

And if I have so much yin energy, should I cut out doing hatha yoga and go only with kundalini yoga to balance? Or yang will increase anyway even if I don't cut out hatha?

Look at a kapha-diet guide and it will show you foods that are light and promote yang energy or removal of dampness. Yang includes hot, but not always. An example of what I mean is like substituting salmon for red meat, as the salmon is less dense. Another example includes brown rice or carrots over potatoes.

Don't beat yourself up over your diet and feel bad about eating. It is just a matter of eating the right foods in each group that promotes for the body to have more yang energy overall. Denser or colder foods, such as milk, bananas, and butter, will stagnate a body that is already dealing with yin-excess.

----------------------

Fat is a yin PATHOGEN, meaning it is not supposed to be there. That is different from something like blood or bone marrow, which is healthy yin. You cannot really have an overabundance of healthy yin or yang.

Hatha yoga promotes mainly healthy yin and balance, but in this way, it eventually leads to more yang as well. Yin and yang complement each other. Of course, there are spiritual benefits as well. All yoga is good for every body type, although some may be better than others. So keep doing the hatha yoga; it will help, not hurt you.

In comparison to kundalini yoga and hatha yoga, cardio exercise is very yang. If you can, steadily increase from walking to fast walking, and then light jogging, and so on. If you have knee pain, then perhaps switch to an elliptical instead. Aim for being in a mild sweat, with moderate exertion.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back