Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Constipation and flatulence...?

luis

As the title I have both of these two things, I tried a lot of things and the constipation is better but not compleatily healed. I still have to force a bit when I go to the bathroom. One thing is bothering me is flatulence, I feel bloted and especially in the evening I fart too much. I think I may have IBS but I'm not sure, I have ordered Activated charcoal and try it to see if it helps but I want to know why I have these things, If I do anything wrong with my diet and so on.

luis said:
As the title I have both of these two things, I tried a lot of things and the constipation is better but not compleatily healed. I still have to force a bit when I go to the bathroom. One thing is bothering me is flatulence, I feel bloted and especially in the evening I fart too much. I think I may have IBS but I'm not sure, I have ordered Activated charcoal and try it to see if it helps but I want to know why I have these things, If I do anything wrong with my diet and so on.

The constipation is due to a lack of fluids in the intestine, aka yin deficiency. With what you mentioned in the other thread, dermatitis, receding hairline, darkness under the eyes, this is also indicative of kidney yin deficiency. The dermatitis is a heat sign, as a result of lack of fluids, in your case.

The bloating is indicative of weakened digestion, either the stomach or spleen not doing its job properly. The flatulence is a continuation of that problem.

This sounds all like typical vata/air-excess symptoms. A good place to start would be this article VATA DOSHA.

The activated charcoal will not really help, as that is for removing toxins. You can try it, but just be careful that it does not make the problem worse.

-------------------------------

The above article, or other articles on balancing vata, will fill in all the lifestyle tips relating to your condition, including diet, sleep, exercise and so on. Don't buy the herbs on the site, though. TCM herbal formulas are usually better.

Any yin-nourishing herbal formulas will help the lack of fluids and heat signs. Any qi-building formulas will help digestion. If you are interested in this, I can try to find some.

If you have any more questions, I can try to help.

I wanted to make a topic about this as well now and I saw yours, but only about constipation. I am often bloated, which I thought is because of the hormones but I am not quite sure now that I realised that I only have a stool once at 2 weeks and just a little, and by now I tried drinking a glass of warm water with 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and one of honey in the morning to solve this (you can try it as well), which did help me a lot, but only with the fact that I poo after my breakfast and only a bit, like I only had that breakfast in the whole digestive sistem, and only if I drink that. I don't know what's wrong.

I don't have any other health problems in general, and I never did, never in my whole life been to a doctor for a health problem or something. My digestive problem doesn't bother me from doing yoga or workout in any way, I seem to live my life healthily in general, that's why I wasn't questioning it too much, but now I want to see what's actually wrong with my digestion and fix it, now that I realise it, so I ask here. What should I do? Are there any foods I can consume in order to restore a normal digestion or any workings I can do?

luis said:

Blitzkreig said:
luis said:

The constipation is due to a lack of fluids in the intestine, aka yin deficiency. With what you mentioned in the other thread, dermatitis, receding hairline, darkness under the eyes, this is also indicative of kidney yin deficiency. The dermatitis is a heat sign, as a result of lack of fluids, in your case.

The bloating is indicative of weakened digestion, either the stomach or spleen not doing its job properly. The flatulence is a continuation of that problem.

This sounds all like typical vata/air-excess symptoms. A good place to start would be this article VATA DOSHA.

The activated charcoal will not really help, as that is for removing toxins. You can try it, but just be careful that it does not make the problem worse.

-------------------------------

The above article, or other articles on balancing vata, will fill in all the lifestyle tips relating to your condition, including diet, sleep, exercise and so on. Don't buy the herbs on the site, though. TCM herbal formulas are usually better.

Any yin-nourishing herbal formulas will help the lack of fluids and heat signs. Any qi-building formulas will help digestion. If you are interested in this, I can try to find some.

If you have any more questions, I can try to help.
Thank you so much! Vata does make sense, I've read the page and I've almost any symptoms described in that page. If you can, find me some tcm herbs, even if I live in Italy and I only found sites that have very high spedition prices for Italy :?

About the activated charcoal, i've read it helps aborb the excess air in the intestine. I tried it and it did help a little but its just the first day I took it.

luis said:

Welcome to the club.

I have been fighting IBS and Leaky Gut for a while now after opening up the hips and intensely awakening the lower chakras.

At the moment I am treating it with L-Glutamine, collagen, apple cider vinegar.

The pro biotics are also very recommended. There is this one that is interesting and that I will take, in terms of quantity.

https://www.pureformulas.com/ultimate-flora-ultimate-care-probiotic-150-billion-cfu-30-vegetarian-capsules-by-renew-life.html?accountid=53000524&CAWELAID=530005240008832882&CATARGETID=530005240008780832&cadevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu57dptHm7gIVLf_jBx1W7wE8EAQYBSABEgLQMvD_BwE

Tributyrin is also excellent for regenerating colon cells.

Otherwise, as Blitzkreig very well advised, one should practice Zhan Zhuang, the classic Wuji posture and "Holding the ball". These are very yin activities, which connect you directly to the Earth to invigorate and strengthen the lower dan tien which is also connected to digestion.

luis said:
Thank you so much! Vata does make sense, I've read the page and I've almost any symptoms described in that page. If you can, find me some tcm herbs, even if I live in Italy and I only found sites that have very high spedition prices for Italy :?

About the activated charcoal, i've read it helps aborb the excess air in the intestine. I tried it and it did help a little but its just the first day I took it.

I looked at a few formulas. The thing with yin tonifying herbal formulas is that they can cause excess dampness since they are colder and oily by nature. This may be a problem with weakened digestion. Therefore, you can pair it with a formula that boosts the spleen and stomach. This is what I was prescribed when I sought professional help. Yang yoga and exercise like cardio, or the breath of fire, also stimulate digestion and may help dampness or weakness.

The exact formulas I take are Evergreen Herb formulas, which they restrict to professional purchase only. I only know of one place that sets them to everyone, and they don't ship to Italy.

I looked at formulas on Activeherb, and they do ship to Italy. Also, they base their formulas on ancient, widely used ones, so you should be able to find them elsewhere, once you decide on taking one.

----------------------------------------

For boosting yin of the body (for the receding hair, undereye bags, acne/heat signs, anxious thoughts, insomnia, etc):
ActiveHerb's Yinvive looks good.
Here is a full description of the formula from another site as well: LiuWeiDiHuangWan Formula Description

For digestive health, Activeherb has a few different kinds, each slightly different from the other. Since you mention bloating, this can be either spleen or stomach weakness. I selected the formula that boosts the stomach as well, as the others focused just on the spleen.
Activeherb's "Stomakinder"
XiangShaLiuJunZiTang Formula Description

Please read through both descriptions to make sure they sound appropriate for you. Also, note that herbs are meant to augment healthy lifestyle choices, and can only do so much. Follow the Vata balancing guide for lifestyle changes.

For your sleep pattern, due to work, just try to go to bed as soon as possible afterward. If you are fully nocturnal, then this is a problem, but if you are a few hours past 11pm, then this is still workable, especially with other things to compensate.

Taken together, these herbs should not give any long-term problems. If your digestion is currently weak, then take the stomakinder first for a day or two. I am unsure how your stomach may respond to the Yinvive, since it is considered oily. Taking them with meals will definitely help as well.

luis said:

Please excuse the late reply, but I have had much of the same symptoms for a while now, and went to different medics, one holistic and the other conventional.
I was told that I had Colitis Nervosa. That intense stress and pent up emotions were triggering it all.

An inflamed and bloated gut is often linked to pent up anger and stress, excess/trapped yang.
I had to drink way more water and hydrating, refreshing foods (watermelon and celery, etc).
A slowed digestion is often linked to depression. As above, so below.

I have had to eliminate added sugars and processed Foods almost entirely from my diet, and lower my bread and nut intake.
Personally, I have eaten a lot of papaya and swallowed papaya seeds with water. The digestive enzymes and seeds have really helped, me at least.
Flaxseed has also been of help.

I would recommend keeping a journal, listing your gut's reactions to different foods. Your moods influence your gut, and your gut influences your moods.

Wish you the best of luck. 💚

Blitzkreig said:
luis said:

I looked at a few formulas. The thing with yin tonifying herbal formulas is that they can cause excess dampness since they are colder and oily by nature. This may be a problem with weakened digestion. Therefore, you can pair it with a formula that boosts the spleen and stomach. This is what I was prescribed when I sought professional help. Yang yoga and exercise like cardio, or the breath of fire, also stimulate digestion and may help dampness or weakness.

The exact formulas I take are Evergreen Herb formulas, which they restrict to professional purchase only. I only know of one place that sets them to everyone, and they don't ship to Italy.

I looked at formulas on Activeherb, and they do ship to Italy. Also, they base their formulas on ancient, widely used ones, so you should be able to find them elsewhere, once you decide on taking one.

----------------------------------------

For boosting yin of the body (for the receding hair, undereye bags, acne/heat signs, anxious thoughts, insomnia, etc):
ActiveHerb's Yinvive looks good.
Here is a full description of the formula from another site as well: LiuWeiDiHuangWan Formula Description

For digestive health, Activeherb has a few different kinds, each slightly different from the other. Since you mention bloating, this can be either spleen or stomach weakness. I selected the formula that boosts the stomach as well, as the others focused just on the spleen.
Activeherb's "Stomakinder"
XiangShaLiuJunZiTang Formula Description

Please read through both descriptions to make sure they sound appropriate for you. Also, note that herbs are meant to augment healthy lifestyle choices, and can only do so much. Follow the Vata balancing guide for lifestyle changes.

For your sleep pattern, due to work, just try to go to bed as soon as possible afterward. If you are fully nocturnal, then this is a problem, but if you are a few hours past 11pm, then this is still workable, especially with other things to compensate.

Taken together, these herbs should not give any long-term problems. If your digestion is currently weak, then take the stomakinder first for a day or two. I am unsure how your stomach may respond to the Yinvive, since it is considered oily. Taking them with meals will definitely help as well.
Hey, sorry for tge late replay and thank you. I've looke at some symptoms and they are for the majority the same I have except Insomnia, feeling heat (usualy I have cold extremitis) and I have a high libido (I found online that Kidney yin deficiency can make you have a high libido). I still belive I have a Kidney yin deficiency but there must be something else too that made me have those other symptoms. I don't know where to find those herbs here in Italy, online it says here https://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/acupuncture/dietary-therapy/yin-deficiency/ that American ginseng and Royal jelly can be used for yin deficiency, what do you think?

Thank you everyone else who replayed here, I'm trying to follow all the advices for my diet.

luis said:
Hey, sorry for tge late replay and thank you. I've looke at some symptoms and they are for the majority the same I have except Insomnia, feeling heat (usualy I have cold extremitis) and I have a high libido (I found online that Kidney yin deficiency can make you have a high libido). I still belive I have a Kidney yin deficiency but there must be something else too that made me have those other symptoms. I don't know where to find those herbs here in Italy, online it says here https://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/acupuncture/dietary-therapy/yin-deficiency/ that American ginseng and Royal jelly can be used for yin deficiency, what do you think?

Thank you everyone else who replayed here, I'm trying to follow all the advices for my diet.

Cold extremities are yang deficiency. Vata people can generally suffer from both yin and yang deficiency. Any heat signs are due to prolonged yin deficiencies, and are not considered "true heat". Once the episode passes, the cold will come back if tha yang deficiency is still present.

Both those supplements look good for restoring Qi to the organs, and they are both slightly cooling as well. They would certainly help. Other supplements that will help are ashwaganda, which is oily and heating. From a dietary standpoint, eggs and other rich foods will be your best friend in rebuilding yin.

https://www.meandqi.com/herb-database/american-ginseng

http://chinesenutrition.org/view_image.asp?pid=783 (Royal jelly properties)

-----------------------------------

As far as finding other herbal formulas, I would recommend searching for those generic names that I listed in my original post. The formulas made by active herb are based on the original formulas. You should be able to find those original formulas somewhere in Italy.

I think your best bet would be to see an online TCM doctor for a consultation. They will be able to properly diagnose you, as well as get the herbs for you, and go over a diet plan. Getting acupuncture at a clinic would also be ideal, but I understand everyone is busy and so forth.

-------------------------------------

What time exactly do you have to sleep for work? You don't have to share if you don't want to. I was just going to say that, depending on your work, it may be better to sleep much earlier in the day, such as 7pm or 8pm, then it would to sleep later, like 3am or something.

If that does not apply to you, then you will just have to sleep basically as soon as you get home.

Something that I realized lately, to remind you and others: Don't neglect the power of a working to upgrade your vitality. You can make your body resistant to these things, such that it loses less energy, or heals quicker, and so forth.

Sun energy will always be the best for this. Currently, this time the sun is in Leo and good for a sun square (see the SS calender). Doing this, and programming it specifically for productivity, will boost both physical energy and mental willpower (since both are needed for overall productivity). Given that you are more a Vata type, I am guessing you need more fire/sun characteristics anyway.

In addition, this November has some good dates for a Mars working as well, which can be programmed in a similar manner.

Besides this, of course one can start a working with Sowilo. Interestingly, Uruz has both fire and earth properties, since it relates to willpower, but also persistence. This is great for a Vata person, both spiritually and physically.

Lastly, since you mentioned consistency issues, a while ago, this Aug. 19th, the moon will be waxing in Capricorn, and good for a Nauthiz working. Keep in mind that Nauthiz is more related to earth, and won't help your fire or vitality like the Sun will. If you are currently hindered by your physical health, then this is probably more of a limiting factor, so start with Sun workings.

Personally, I have been doing a sun working as described above, and feel more resistant to health impacts. It feels like I recover quicker, and so on. I am going to start sun and mars squares as well.

Senna, traditionally most powerful anti-constipation herb which is used in Europe, Russia and general Western world for centuries is exactly for what was mentioned here in regards to heat / Yang accumulation in the intestines.

https://tcmwiki.com/wiki/senna-leaf

You drink it in the evening before sleep, in the morning the symptom is gone. If it's too strong, you might combine it in lesser amount with Chamomile+Yarrow and other smoothing herbs you like or just put it into your beloved tea.

Blitzkreig said:
luis said:

Cold extremities are yang deficiency. Vata people can generally suffer from both yin and yang deficiency. Any heat signs are due to prolonged yin deficiencies, and are not considered "true heat". Once the episode passes, the cold will come back if tha yang deficiency is still present.

Both those supplements look good for restoring Qi to the organs, and they are both slightly cooling as well. They would certainly help. Other supplements that will help are ashwaganda, which is oily and heating. From a dietary standpoint, eggs and other rich foods will be your best friend in rebuilding yin.

https://www.meandqi.com/herb-database/american-ginseng

http://chinesenutrition.org/view_image.asp?pid=783 (Royal jelly properties)

-----------------------------------

As far as finding other herbal formulas, I would recommend searching for those generic names that I listed in my original post. The formulas made by active herb are based on the original formulas. You should be able to find those original formulas somewhere in Italy.

I think your best bet would be to see an online TCM doctor for a consultation. They will be able to properly diagnose you, as well as get the herbs for you, and go over a diet plan. Getting acupuncture at a clinic would also be ideal, but I understand everyone is busy and so forth.

What time exactly do you have to sleep for work? You don't have to share if you don't want to. I was just going to say that, depending on your work, it may be better to sleep much earlier in the day, such as 7pm or 8pm, then it would to sleep later, like 3am or something.

If that does not apply to you, then you will just have to sleep basically as soon as you get home.

Something that I realized lately, to remind you and others: Don't neglect the power of a working to upgrade your vitality. You can make your body resistant to these things, such that it loses less energy, or heals quicker, and so forth.

Sun energy will always be the best for this. Currently, this time the sun is in Leo and good for a sun square (see the SS calender). Doing this, and programming it specifically for productivity, will boost both physical energy and mental willpower (since both are needed for overall productivity). Given that you are more a Vata type, I am guessing you need more fire/sun characteristics anyway.

In addition, this November has some good dates for a Mars working as well, which can be programmed in a similar manner.

Besides this, of course one can start a working with Sowilo. Interestingly, Uruz has both fire and earth properties, since it relates to willpower, but also persistence. This is great for a Vata person, both spiritually and physically.

Lastly, since you mentioned consistency issues, a while ago, this Aug. 19th, the moon will be waxing in Capricorn, and good for a Nauthiz working. Keep in mind that Nauthiz is more related to earth, and won't help your fire or vitality like the Sun will. If you are currently hindered by your physical health, then this is probably more of a limiting factor, so start with Sun workings.

Personally, I have been doing a sun working as described above, and feel more resistant to health impacts. It feels like I recover quicker, and so on. I am going to start sun and mars squares as well.
Thank you for helping me. I'll do my best and hopefully heal everything.
I go to sleep at midnight or a bit later, it really depends on the day. This issue I have does not make me gain much weight either so now I have dark circles and my face is kinda skinny... seems it got worse this su summer, probably because I'm not eating much. Either way I'm going to heal this, I'll post here when I'm healed as a goal to keep me focused.

Edward Lonsa said:
Senna, traditionally most powerful anti-constipation herb which is used in Europe, Russia and general Western world for centuries is exactly for what was mentioned here in regards to heat / Yang accumulation in the intestines.

https://tcmwiki.com/wiki/senna-leaf

You drink it in the evening before sleep, in the morning the symptom is gone. If it's too strong, you might combine it in lesser amount with Chamomile+Yarrow and other smoothing herbs you like or just put it into your beloved tea.
I know about senna but I also know it can be like a laxative and your body can get used to it and always need senna to go to the bathroom.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back