Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What is wrong with nasal irrigation?

Retrospect

I got deviated septum surgery a month ago and was advised to use nasal wash to rinse out my nostrils. I have been doing it everyday and really enjoy it as is keeps my nostrils open. I was thinking of doing it everyday.
Then I came across a page from JOS: Concerning Kundalini Yoga
http://jos666vxenlqp4xpnsxehovnaumi4c3q4bmvhpgdyz7bsk3ho3caokad.onion/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Yoga.html
It's from the tor site
It lists practices that are detrimental to our advancement which includes
"Washing out the nostrils, or inserting objects into the nose aka 'Neti.'"
I dont use a neti pot, but I use a device similar to it it's just a bottle.
On the page it doesn't explain why this practice is bad.
Can anyone that is knowledgeable please bring insight on why this is bad. I will discontinue if it's really that bad. Thanks

I found this on wiki
"The earliest record of nasal irrigation is found in the ancient Hindu practice of Indian Ayurveda whose roots are traced to the Vedas. It was customary to perform jala-neti daily, as part of soucha (personal hygiene according to scriptures). Jala neti, which means to cleanse the nose with water, is an old yogic technique from India. The container used to administer the saline is called a "neti pot".

If this is an ancient vedic practice to clean out the nostrils why would this be considered bad according to JOS. Please really want to know why Maxine included it on the list.

Retrospect said:
I found this on wiki
"The earliest record of nasal irrigation is found in the ancient Hindu practice of Indian Ayurveda whose roots are traced to the Vedas. It was customary to perform jala-neti daily, as part of soucha (personal hygiene according to scriptures). Jala neti, which means to cleanse the nose with water, is an old yogic technique from India. The container used to administer the saline is called a "neti pot".

If this is an ancient Vedic practice to clean out the nostrils why would this be considered bad according to JOS. Please really want to know why Maxine included it on the list.

I'm not sure about why exactly nasal irrigation is wrong either but I would be extremely cautious about 'ancient' practises. Many of these 'ancient' practises are nothing but slander, misinformation and lies that Jews have written. Just be more careful of this when going in the future, no 'ancient' practise is 'ancient' enough the Jew World Order we live in. It's best to take HP Maxine's word on this instead of 'ancient'.

Sorry if that came of as insult, just wanted to point out that you can't really trust the Veda's on their word. or any other 'great book' you hear.

I don't know if its bad or not.
I use mountain salt when doing neti.

However, I learned later on that its for temporary to no relief. Your nose opens for the time being and closes 2-3 mins after doing neti. And your nose remains dry afterwards.
That said, mucus is drained out.

However, Jos must have a reason for saying that.

In any case, for you I won't say to do neti or not to do neti.
However, I will definitely tell you to do one thing i.e. focus on third eye !!!

First of all, if you scour through the forums on this topic, you will find that some members say that nose block is caused by heat in the stomach i.e eating spicy,hot things which produces mucus in the nose and I agree with them. Its just that I recently realised that I saw my other family members eating the same food as me but why isn't their nose blocked ? It was then I realised that apart from heat there was another problem too.
I remember Blitzkreig advising to do hatha yoga but foolish me after not finding enough relief from yoga, stopped having hope to solve my problem with yoga. Only now I realise my foolishness. Hatha yoga has helped me a lot in healing my disease.
However, that said apart from heat in the stomach, there's one other issue that contributed about
70-80 % towards the blockage of my nasal passageways.

The issue is related to the third eye ! ! !
I discovered that if I focus on the area between my eyebrows on each inhale of breath, I feel like tightness or the feeling of having a knot is reduced in that area. You don't even need to focus, just being conscious around that area on each inhale gives a feeling of lightness and a feeling of free flow in that area.
Its like I slowly but surely removed something around the area that was not letting energy pass. The other thing I did is to visualise bright golden entering through my eyebrows and lighting up the third eye and my brain at the same time.
I have enjoyed breathing freely for two continous days and its nice.

In any case, I would advise the following:
After waking up and before sleeping, allot half an hour time just for this exercise.
Either you can be conscious of the area around the middle of the eyebrows during each inhale or visualise bright golden light entering through your third eye and lighting it and the brain at the same time or do both.
Its like with each inhale, apart from nose or mouth, you are breathing from third eye too. It doesn't matter if your nose is blocked. Juse breathe from your mouth and be conscious of your third eye.

You can do this today to see if it works out for you. Your problem might be different and there might be a different solution. Still its worth checking out to see if it works out for you. If doing this exercise makes you dizzy or faint or any other side effects then stop and try again in 4-5 days. Do not over exert yoursef, I am serious.

I feel like hatha yoga has helped me a lot to help solve my nose block. For you, I seriously warn to do it only after two weeks from surgery. Maybe, three weeks after surgery for safety and health concerns.
Do not do it before that or there might be severe consequences. If you feel like its only safe to do after a month after surgery then follow exactly that but under no circumstances should you push yourself to do yoga. And when you indeed start doing yoga, ignore the inverted postions for a while and only do it after you have adjusted doing normal positions. Do not stop doing yoga no matter what.

During this one month after surgery, I would advise you to not eat spicy or oily or any 'hot' foods. Try to eat as much as raw foods, fruits etc that bring cooling effect to the stomach. Avoid mango or banana.

Damn I just realised. Do you lean on any direction when doing neti ? If so, stop doing neti.
Leaning in either direction might regress or reverse the effort of your surgery. In this recuperative period of time, your nose should be straight as possible, not making any angle because of leans.
Also, don't run and walk slowly but steadily without jerks.

Username said:

However, I learned later on that its for temporary to no relief. Your nose opens for the time being and closes 2-3 mins after doing neti. And your nose remains dry afterwards.

First of all, if you scour through the forums on this topic, you will find that some members say that nose block is caused by heat in the stomach i.e eating spicy,hot things which produces mucus in the nose and I agree with them. Its just that I recently realised that I saw my other family members eating the same food as me but why isn't their nose blocked ? It was then I realised that apart from heat there was another problem too.
I remember Blitzkreig advising to do hatha yoga but foolish me after not finding enough relief from yoga, stopped having hope to solve my problem with yoga. Only now I realise my foolishness. Hatha yoga has helped me a lot in healing my disease.
However, that said apart from heat in the stomach, there's one other issue that contributed about

I discovered that if I focus on the area between my eyebrows on each inhale of breath, I feel like tightness or the feeling of having a knot is reduced in that area. You don't even need to focus, just being conscious around that area on each inhale gives a feeling of lightness and a feeling of free flow in that area.
Its like I slowly but surely removed something around the area that was not letting energy pass. The other thing I did is to visualise bright golden entering through my eyebrows and lighting up the third eye and my brain at the same time.

After waking up and before sleeping, allot half an hour time just for this exercise.
Either you can be conscious of the area around the middle of the eyebrows during each inhale or visualise bright golden light entering through your third eye and lighting it and the brain at the same time or do both.
Its like with each inhale, apart from nose or mouth, you are breathing from third eye too. It doesn't matter if your nose is blocked. Juse breathe from your mouth and be conscious of your third eye.

You can do this today to see if it works out for you. Your problem might be different and there might be a different solution. Still its worth checking out to see if it works out for you. If doing this exercise makes you dizzy or faint or any other side effects then stop and try again in 4-5 days. Do not over exert yoursef, I am serious.

I feel like hatha yoga has helped me a lot to help solve my nose block. For you, I seriously warn to do it only after two weeks from surgery. Maybe, three weeks after surgery for safety and health concerns.
Do not do it before that or there might be severe consequences. If you feel like its only safe to do after a month after surgery then follow exactly that but under no circumstances should you push yourself to do yoga. And when you indeed start doing yoga, ignore the inverted postions for a while and only do it after you have adjusted doing normal positions. Do not stop doing yoga no matter what.

During this one month after surgery, I would advise you to not eat spicy or oily or any 'hot' foods. Try to eat as much as raw foods, fruits etc that bring cooling effect to the stomach. Avoid mango or banana.

Damn I just realised. Do you lean on any direction when doing neti ? If so, stop doing neti.
Leaning in either direction might regress or reverse the effort of your surgery. In this recuperative period of time, your nose should be straight as possible, not making any angle because of leans.
Thanks for your response! Have been doing everything backwards.
Wish I would have made this post a month ago, the doctors are useless for any advice post surgery. Have been eating spicy food since my family is Mexican it is believed it clears out the nostrils. Didn't know that about mangoes and bananas have been eating that as well. For yoga I got inpatient not doing it so I started a week after and quickly realized I should have taken it easy because now I have post drip that still hasn't gone away mostly from invert positions. For irrigation I learned online how to do it and they all lean towards the side so will try to keep straight from now on. Once all the crust is gone then I will probably discontinue unless it builds back up again. I dont want to use flonase since my nostrils will become dependent on it.
Thanks for the tip on breathing through the third eye will try that out, it will probably help since I always feel pressure from that area to my nose. Thinking about it I really should have been more cautious.

Retrospect said:
Username said:

Thanks for your response! Have been doing everything backwards.
Wish I would have made this post a month ago, the doctors are useless for any advice post surgery. Have been eating spicy food since my family is Mexican it is believed it clears out the nostrils. Didn't know that about mangoes and bananas have been eating that as well. For yoga I got inpatient not doing it so I started a week after and quickly realized I should have taken it easy because now I have post drip that still hasn't gone away mostly from invert positions. For irrigation I learned online how to do it and they all lean towards the side so will try to keep straight from now on. Once all the crust is gone then I will probably discontinue unless it builds back up again. I dont want to use flonase since my nostrils will become dependent on it.
Thanks for the tip on breathing through the third eye will try that out, it will probably help since I always feel pressure from that area to my nose. Thinking about it I really should have been more cautious.

I read somewhere that Banana is a big no in traditional Chinese Medicine.
About mangoes, this whole advice is based on my personal opinion since I feel hot in the stomach after eating it.
In any case I would advise you to skip these two fruits for a while and eat other fruits.
You can resume eating after you have researched and after your condition of nose is normal and satisfactory.

I was same as you riding on the thought process that eating spicy foods clears the nasal passage.
It is indeed true, however, its only for short term. In the long term, it only contributes towards more blockage.

If Flonase is a steriod then indeed you should skip it. Only use it when its really unbearable. Even if its not a steroid, in the long term, you should plan to be independent of it.
Take care.

Retrospect said:

Spicy foods create heat and are good for removing dampness. Mainly for Kapha type conditions.
Fruits are cooling, in general, and remove heat from the body.

Eat according to your climate conditions and bodily conditions. Culture does not always reflect this, especially in regards to junk foods.

Nasal congestion is usually the result of dampness. Dampness starts in the digestive system, due to the spleen not clearing it. Weakened kidneys can also factor in, since they support the spleen, as well as aiding in water metabolism in the body.

Nasal dripping can also reflect the lungs. A runny nose is more a lung issue, whereas general congestion or "stickiness" is more dampness.

I don't know the exact details of nasal irrigation, and why it could be harmful. The best advice for anything like this is to just do it in moderation. Do it every few days, instead of daily. Better yet, try to wean off of it, or use it only sparingly. This would prevent any issues from developing from daily use, for example.

I think Maxine was more referring to inserting objects into the nose. Which may cause damage or obstruct the nasal passages. There's a lot of stupid crap people believe online.

I use neti pots/nasal rinses on occasion and have good results with them. However DO NOT use a lot of pressure as the water can get trapped in the sinuses leading to the ear. It should feel like a gentle water fountain cleaning your sinuses not a power washer blasting it away.

Blitzkreig said:
Retrospect said:

Spicy foods create heat and are good for removing dampness. Mainly for Kapha type conditions.

Is there an article for body types, namely Kapha, Pitta and Vatta. I can't find anything in the main site. Thanks

AgniCosmos said:
Blitzkreig said:
Retrospect said:

Is there an article for body types, namely Kapha, Pitta and Vatta. I can't find anything in the main site. Thanks
In this link, click "PDFs and Ebooks" > "David Frawley" > "Ayurvedic Astrology - Self Healing Through the Stars"

https://mega.nz/folder/TMMzxYIT#2RHnCQWzXdpqVtjNvSow0w

This book teaches a lot about Doshas.

Nasal irrigation is harmful because it removes mucus from your nostrils, opening you up to infections. Mucus is a natural barrier that prevents bacteria and other pathogens from entering through your nasal cavities. If you feel congested, then your body had to create more of it and this is done to protect you. So, instead of trying to melt away the congestion with whatever method, you should deal with what is causing this immune response. Once the root is dealt with, then the congestion will clean up naturally and can be accelerated THROUGH natural ways, not watering your nose.

The modern conception of neti is a gross misunderstanding of the shaktarma (body cleansing techniques). This misunderstanding happens because enemy corruption has removed spirituality and made everything literal and materialistic, rather than balanced. The actual practice of neti is done through alternate nostril breathing (Nadi Shodhana).

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back