Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Cardinal points and sleep...

tabby

Does/how does the cardinal points impact sleep and the quality of sleep?

Recently I changed up my sleeping arrangement to create better space in the room. Originally the bed was positioned south/north - head pointing south, feet pointing north. I use to wake up feeling heavy and lethargic a bit, it was hard to get out of bed in the mornings.

Now it’s head pointing west, feet pointing east, and I’ve been waking up feeling like I didn’t sleep at all but instead of tiredness, I feel oddly refreshed and ready to go when I get up.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of effect. I’m curious if there’s actually water to this idea.

tabby said:

Recently I changed up my sleeping arrangement to create better space in the room. Originally the bed was positioned south/north - head pointing south, feet pointing north. I use to wake up feeling heavy and lethargic a bit, it was hard to get out of bed in the mornings.

Now it’s head pointing west, feet pointing east, and I’ve been waking up feeling like I didn’t sleep at all but instead of tiredness, I feel oddly refreshed and ready to go when I get up.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of effect. I’m curious if there’s actually water to this idea.

Yes i think there is water to it.
With me its the same We moved our bed and it definitely had a impact with our sleep. We use to move it quite often and each time we both could feel the difference.

Also just for interest sake when you sleep with running water like a fish tank or one of thouse fountains where you can hear the water running softly in the background makes sleep bliss and i personally believe it heals.

tabby said:

Feet pointing east and head pointing west is how the dead are buried by orthodox xians. I used to sleep like that and I couldn't rest at all, felt like a zombie, so I looked it up and this is what I found.
Sleep with head pointing north and feet pointing South is good for a refreshing restoring sleep.

Maya said:
tabby said:

Feet pointing east and head pointing west is how the dead are buried by orthodox xians. I used to sleep like that and I couldn't rest at all, felt like a zombie, so I looked it up and this is what I found.
Sleep with head pointing north and feet pointing South is good for a refreshing restoring sleep.

I used to sleep for years with my head to the south. I used to wake up with a lot of thoughts and mess in my head. As if everything from the previous day was flowing backwards.
Anyway I ended up sleeping with my head on the end of my feet because children you know. dont care how you sleep as long as you sleep.
Otherwise Id suggest sleeping head east feet west. You wont get that clear refreshed head but its not that bad.

One Wire Phenomenon said:
With me its the same We moved our bed and it definitely had a impact with our sleep. We use to move it quite often and each time we both could feel the difference.

Also just for interest sake when you sleep with running water like a fish tank or one of thouse fountains where you can hear the water running softly in the background makes sleep bliss and i personally believe it heals.

Do you remember how each cardinal point effected your sleep?

We tried feet west/head east the other night. Didn’t sleep too well. It wasn’t until I asked my Demon if they wanted to cuddle with me that I finally got some decent zzz’s.

Water is relaxing. Rain has that affect with me, I sleep pretty well when it rains.

I really fell in love with your pfp btw.
Hehe

Ah cheers !

Maya said:

Hmm, did it state a reason why they do that?

Sadly my room doesn’t allow too easily for a head north/feet south position with a bed. I’d need to sleep on the floor or centre the bed in the middle of the room but that would be a pain to do daily things with. The room is quite small.

Curious though. I wonder if depending on the individual and what their body needs at a given time or resonates with, will cause one to sleep well positioned in a particular direction while another won’t.

As a teen my bed was always feet north/head south, and I tell ya, I was not a morning person at all.

North is associated with the Earth element.
South = Fire
East = Air
West = Water
https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Cardinal_Points.html

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. If both the sun and moon have gravitational effects on the body, then feet east/head west would create an energy pull from the feet to the head. The opposite for head east/feet west. As for north/south, the effect would be across the body, from the left pulling to the right and vice versa. (If my thinking on this is even logical).

I’ll have to experiment a bit after this schedule is finished, and post my findings here later.

tabby said:
Maya said:

Actually it might have to do more with the magnetic poles.
I can understand that youd think of the earths rotation as a factor.. but that wouldnt be the only thing.

Sadly my room doesn’t allow too easily for a head north/feet south position with a bed. I’d need to sleep on the floor or centre the bed in the middle of the room but that would be a pain to do daily things with. The room is quite small.

Curious though. I wonder if depending on the individual and what their body needs at a given time or resonates with, will cause one to sleep well positioned in a particular direction while another won’t.

As a teen my bed was always feet north/head south, and I tell ya, I was not a morning person at all.

South = Fire
East = Air
West = Water
https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Cardinal_Points.html

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. If both the sun and moon have gravitational effects on the body, then feet east/head west would create an energy pull from the feet to the head. The opposite for head east/feet west. As for north/south, the effect would be across the body, from the left pulling to the right and vice versa. (If my thinking on this is even logical).

I’ll have to experiment a bit after this schedule is finished, and post my findings here later.

tabby said:

Do you remember how each cardinal point effected your sleep?

We tried feet west/head east the other night. Didn’t sleep too well. It wasn’t until I asked my Demon if they wanted to cuddle with me that I finally got some decent zzz’s.

Water is relaxing. Rain has that affect with me, I sleep pretty well when it rains.

I really fell in love with your pfp btw.
Hehe

Ah cheers !

No i cannot remember,i just remember there was definitely a difference in our sleep.o yes i forgot rain aswel for me too.

tabby said:
Maya said:

South = Fire
East = Air
West = Water

No it didn't, but it could just be correlation to make the dead unable to rest.

Your thinking here sounds accurate. I know that the location plays a role, and also if you live on the north hemisphere, everything feels opposite in relation to south hemisphere. I have a friend who was living on the south hemisphere and used to sleep with head pointing south and feet pointing north, and she had a very nice sleep, when she moved on the north hemisphere, she couldn't rest at all in this position and she now sleeps as I suggested to her.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Maya said:
tabby said:

I used to sleep for years with my head to the south. I used to wake up with a lot of thoughts and mess in my head. As if everything from the previous day was flowing backwards.
Anyway I ended up sleeping with my head on the end of my feet because children you know. dont care how you sleep as long as you sleep.
Otherwise Id suggest sleeping head east feet west. You wont get that clear refreshed head but its not that bad.

I agree, feet pointing west and head pointing east is a nice alternative.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
tabby said:
Maya said:

I can understand that youd think of the earths rotation as a factor.. but that wouldnt be the only thing.

South = Fire
East = Air
West = Water

apparently what I said got moved into the wrong place. I colored what I typed.

Lunar Dance 666 said:

Completely forgot about the magnetic poles. That’s embarrassing... haha.

Thanks for mentioning that!

tabby said:
No i cannot remember,i just remember there was definitely a difference in our sleep.o yes i forgot rain aswel for me too.

No worries.

I astal projected last night early in the morning in my sleep, it was amazing. I felt my soul leave my body and i was floating outside my house i could control my movement in the air.When i came back i felt so good and i had a happy day.

Have you done this before half awake half asleep and had a conscious exit?

I can astal project while im wide awake aswel but not always.

I astal projected last night early in the morning in my sleep, it was amazing. I felt my soul leave my body and i was floating outside my house i could control my movement in the air.When i came back i felt so good and i had a happy day.

Have you done this before half awake half asleep and had a conscious exit?

I can astal project while im wide awake aswel but not always.

I’ve attempted before but if I’ve actually done it, I don’t have any memory I’m afraid.

Maya said:
tabby said:
Maya said:

South = Fire
East = Air
West = Water

No it didn't, but it could just be correlation to make the dead unable to rest.

Your thinking here sounds accurate. I know that the location plays a role, and also if you live on the north hemisphere, everything feels opposite in relation to south hemisphere. I have a friend who was living on the south hemisphere and used to sleep with head pointing south and feet pointing north, and she had a very nice sleep, when she moved on the north hemisphere, she couldn't rest at all in this position and she now sleeps as I suggested to her.

For some reason I didn't get a notification for this, so only replying now.

If that's the case that sounds almost like torture.

We moved the bed to try the head/north, feet/south position recently and slept like a rock. So far sleep has been really great and my head doesn't feel spacey when I wake up, which is what started to happen after a while with the head/west, feet/east position.

I think you may be onto something about hemispheres playing a part with position also feeling different. That makes total sense to me.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back