Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Stepped on a old nail.

SeerOfSS

I stepped on an old nail that a tornado came threw and blow things around.
Wasnt my place, its someone elses place.
Was helping them and I stepped on it.
As soon as I stepped on it, I used hydrogen peroxide the store bought one.

Then when came home after about an hour and washed it best I could and then night time soaked it in epson salt and put antibacterial ointment on it.

I'm hopping I didnt get tetanus and not sure I should get the shot for it.
Think I got one more day to decide.

Right now the area where I stepped is swollen bottom and the top not everything though.

Go get a tetanus shot just to be sure and don't delay this. You'll heal quickly otherwise, but you can't afford tetanus in cases like this.

SeerOfSS said:

Then when came home after about an hour and washed it best I could and then night time soaked it in epson salt and put antibacterial ointment on it.

Right now the area where I stepped is swollen bottom and the top not everything though.

The shot should be done in order to protect yourself for future possible accidents. In your case you need the serum. The serum protects you not get tetanus for wounds you already have.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Go get a tetanus shot just to be sure and don't delay this. You'll heal quickly otherwise, but you can't afford tetanus in cases like this.

Okay, thank you so much for telling me this.
Makes me a little at easy.
Will go tomorrow for sure.
I also wrote on the other forum JOS666 the same question.
Please void that one.

Thank you

Maya said:
SeerOfSS said:

The shot should be done in order to protect yourself for future possible accidents. In your case you need the serum. The serum protects you not get tetanus for wounds you already have.

Mm... Not sure I really follow sorry.
Though I went in and told i needed a shot for it.
Thought was all the same too

SeerOfSS said:
Maya said:
SeerOfSS said:

When I had the same issue they told me that the shot is gonna be useless cause with the shot you are gonna create antibodies in about two weeks, and you need antibodies immediately, and this is what the serum does.

Maya said:
SeerOfSS said:
Maya said:

When I had the same issue they told me that the shot is gonna be useless cause with the shot you are gonna create antibodies in about two weeks, and you need antibodies immediately, and this is what the serum does.

Oh...
I understand now.

I think the serum is always given when you go and tell you need a shot for tetanus especially after you said you stepped on the nail already or so.
Only reason I say that is because I never asked nor they every said anything else.

None the least, it worked out, will do all I can to avoid that again. Unpleasant and unwelcomed lol

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back