Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Need help with a health condition

Username

Recently, my Sister was diagnosed with Severe Prolasped Cervical Disc.
It relates to the spine around neck. A dsic slipped around the neck ? I am not really knowledgeable.

All I know is that her disc has grown larger than normal. At least that's what the doctor said after seeing the MRI report.
Was advised to do surgery if oral steroids or IV steroids do not work. The surgery is to decompress something.

She has been in constant pain for a week now. The steroids seem to have helped but not by much as she continues to have pain around her arm. I imagined white gold around her neck to arm for many hours while messaging her hand.

I was thinking to do acupuncture with the electric messaging pen. Can anyone advise any acupuncture points or any kind of advice ? Any spirtual workings with runes or without ?
I was thinking to do inflammation working.

Would Yoga help ? If so, what poses should be done and what poses to avoid ?

Username said:

Sorry for no response earlier. Serious injuries should first run through a TCM professional. Not just for the knowledge, but also the time they can devote to them. There are a couple of reasons why someone can get such an injury, and fixing the full problem may be a little complicated.

Any exercise that does not directly stress the injury site is ok, but one needs to proceed with lots of caution here. I would first make sure she is being actively treated before looking into exercise.

Inflammation is not a bad thing, rather it is the action the body takes to repair itself. It is a sign of, but not the cause of damage.

I would first do your best to get professional consultation or treatment, where they can proceed with herbs or acupuncture. If this is not a possibility, I could do my best to find some suitable acupoints. It is a bit of a daunting task, however; not many articles on prolapsed discs are written with the intent of informal treatment.

Blitzkreig said:
Username said:

Sorry for no response earlier. Serious injuries should first run through a TCM professional. Not just for the knowledge, but also the time they can devote to them. There are a couple of reasons why someone can get such an injury, and fixing the full problem may be a little complicated.

Any exercise that does not directly stress the injury site is ok, but one needs to proceed with lots of caution here. I would first make sure she is being actively treated before looking into exercise.

Inflammation is not a bad thing, rather it is the action the body takes to repair itself. It is a sign of, but not the cause of damage.

I would first do your best to get professional consultation or treatment, where they can proceed with herbs or acupuncture. If this is not a possibility, I could do my best to find some suitable acupoints. It is a bit of a daunting task, however; not many articles on prolapsed discs are written with the intent of informal treatment.
Blitzkreig said:
Username said:

It was already serious and severe. Therefore, she got her disc replaced with titanium. I can say that this was not a good thing to do. This is a new kind of treatment and I long term side effects are yet to be known.
It showed in her CT scan.

2-3 weeks before surgery she was suffering from unbearable pain which made her unable to sleep. To stop such a vicious cycle, such a surgery was done.
Now I am scared to recommend her to do yoga. Acupuncture, I don't know since the pain has stopped and it only appears occasionally.

In any case, I thank you and am grateful for your advice and concern.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back