Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Help with lack of libido and menopause

Bruxa

In September / 2020 I had a video hysterectomy surgery due to several fibroids in my uterus and removal of Endometriosis.

My recovery from the surgery was very good, but it happens that since I had the surgery my libido is practically zero and to make matters worse the menopause heat is very strong.

Every day I wake up at dawn because of the heat I feel, even leaving my pajamas and bedding wet.

I cannot do hormone replacement with pharmacy drugs that have hormones, because I had a health problem in the past due to the use of contraceptives that made me stay in the ICU and that almost led to my death.

What can I do so that I can cure my lack of libido and the heat of menopause ??

Bruxa said:

The surgery definitely complicates things. Endometriosis and fibroids have a few causes based around the idea that they develop due to blood or qi stagnation in that part of the body. This can be the result of kidney and/or spleen deficiency, for example, and there would be other symptoms that would aid this diagnosis.

Just because you had the surgery, that doesn't mean the root cause was fixed, unfortunately. The uterus wasn't the cause of the problems, rather it was imbalances elsewhere in the body that led to those issues.

Given what you describe about heat, and from the other post: mood swings/irritability, it definitely sounds like yin deficiency. I am betting the kidney yin is deficient and the yang as well, given the lack of libido. The mental state and physical state are connected, and this is shown here.

You won't need hormone replacement, because TCM treatments will aid your body in producing and regulating its hormones properly again. A TCM clinician will aid you with acupuncture, herbs, and lifestyle coaching to correct these imbalances. I would expect to take herbal formulas for some time to have complete healing of these deficiencies.

You should look up any clinicians in your area, however even if you cannot find any, there are many online clinics that can properly diagnose and treat you based on your full symptom list. In other words, be diligent about finding TCM/holistic assistance, because this will be the key to your recovery.

How is your digestion? Does it seem "clean burning" and do you have solid waste? Alternatively, do you hear lots of gurgling, and is the waste watery or not solid? Furthermore, if you have an issue with whitehead acne, this can point to digestive troubles.

If the above digestion symptoms are the case, this can influence the advice below. These are signs of dampness accumulation in the body and means you want to definitely cut out all processed sugars, stop fruit consumption, involve more exercise.

-------------------------

As far as things you can do now, you will need to focus on your diet, sleep, and exercise. In addition, you can push some acupoints that should give some relief.

Exercise: Hatha yoga is great for the yin of the body and you should do this daily or even twice daily.

While boosting yang does eventually help yin, go easy on any yang-style yoga. Also go easy on cardio, preferring walking or light cycling. All exercise should make you feel better, not more stressed or hot.

--------------------------

Based on correcting yin deficiencies, in the diet you will want to focus on nourishing and building foods.
Specifically for the kidneys: You should eat more asparagus, beans, duck, egg, kelp, string bean, potato, oyster/clam, pork.
For the yin in general, you should eat more: peas, rice, honey, turkey, white fish, sardine, crab.

Beef and chicken are ok, but beef can be warming. Go easy on fruit, especially since it is winter. You actually don't need any when it is not seasonally available.

Avoid anything hot or spicy, such as peppers, curry, lots of garlic/onion, etc. These will inflame your symptoms.

In general, don't eat raw foods, nor cold foods. Make sure your food is warm. You might think a raw salad would be good for the yin, but it is very light and the raw/cold of it hurts the digestion. Animal products are best for the yin of the body, since they most closely mimic it. Don't be afraid to eat lots of the foods that would help you here.

Drink lots of water as well. Avoid pop or carbonated drinks or whatever.

Cut out all processed items, as these will do you no good. Try your best to eat whole foods, especially those that build the yin and the kidneys.

If you are skinny/lighter person (Vata dosha), then you can tolerate more yin foods. If you are a more heavyset person (Kapha dosha), then you will need to be careful to avoid stagnation, such as doing more exercise. However, your current symptoms point towards yin deficiency, so just worry about that for now.

---------------------------

For sleep: Go to bed before 11pm. Avoid blue light (from modern lights and screens), and avoid eating minimum 2 hours before bed if you can help it. If you have insomnia or hot flashes, or any other symptoms, push the acupoints shown below.

Sleeping at this actually makes a big difference in the healing process.

----------------------------

For acupressure, please read this great article on points for menopause-like symptoms. A lot of these points will fix both the mental and physical symptoms that you feel. Push with moderate pressure and hold for at least a few minutes.

When you have symptoms, push them for at least 5 minutes or longer. Otherwise, try to make a habit of pushing them regularly, such as when you are watching TV or listening to music or something. Not only do these most of these points correct some symptoms nearly immediately, but they will also heal the organs associated with them as well.

You should see some relief from these tips, but definitely follow through with a TCM clinician. They will be much more able to guide your healing process, such as prescribing the right herbs for you. Make an effort on the lifestyle factors, as these are the true causes behind your problems.

Blitzkreig said:
Bruxa said:

The surgery definitely complicates things. Endometriosis and fibroids have a few causes based around the idea that they develop due to blood or qi stagnation in that part of the body. This can be the result of kidney and/or spleen deficiency, for example, and there would be other symptoms that would aid this diagnosis.

Just because you had the surgery, that doesn't mean the root cause was fixed, unfortunately. The uterus wasn't the cause of the problems, rather it was imbalances elsewhere in the body that led to those issues.

Given what you describe about heat, and from the other post: mood swings/irritability, it definitely sounds like yin deficiency. I am betting the kidney yin is deficient and the yang as well, given the lack of libido. The mental state and physical state are connected, and this is shown here.

You won't need hormone replacement, because TCM treatments will aid your body in producing and regulating its hormones properly again. A TCM clinician will aid you with acupuncture, herbs, and lifestyle coaching to correct these imbalances. I would expect to take herbal formulas for some time to have complete healing of these deficiencies.

You should look up any clinicians in your area, however even if you cannot find any, there are many online clinics that can properly diagnose and treat you based on your full symptom list. In other words, be diligent about finding TCM/holistic assistance, because this will be the key to your recovery.

How is your digestion? Does it seem "clean burning" and do you have solid waste? Alternatively, do you hear lots of gurgling, and is the waste watery or not solid? Furthermore, if you have an issue with whitehead acne, this can point to digestive troubles.

If the above digestion symptoms are the case, this can influence the advice below. These are signs of dampness accumulation in the body and means you want to definitely cut out all processed sugars, stop fruit consumption, involve more exercise.

-------------------------

As far as things you can do now, you will need to focus on your diet, sleep, and exercise. In addition, you can push some acupoints that should give some relief.

Exercise: Hatha yoga is great for the yin of the body and you should do this daily or even twice daily.

While boosting yang does eventually help yin, go easy on any yang-style yoga. Also go easy on cardio, preferring walking or light cycling. All exercise should make you feel better, not more stressed or hot.

--------------------------

Based on correcting yin deficiencies, in the diet you will want to focus on nourishing and building foods.
Specifically for the kidneys: You should eat more asparagus, beans, duck, egg, kelp, string bean, potato, oyster/clam, pork.
For the yin in general, you should eat more: peas, rice, honey, turkey, white fish, sardine, crab.

Beef and chicken are ok, but beef can be warming. Go easy on fruit, especially since it is winter. You actually don't need any when it is not seasonally available.

Avoid anything hot or spicy, such as peppers, curry, lots of garlic/onion, etc. These will inflame your symptoms.

In general, don't eat raw foods, nor cold foods. Make sure your food is warm. You might think a raw salad would be good for the yin, but it is very light and the raw/cold of it hurts the digestion. Animal products are best for the yin of the body, since they most closely mimic it. Don't be afraid to eat lots of the foods that would help you here.

Drink lots of water as well. Avoid pop or carbonated drinks or whatever.

Cut out all processed items, as these will do you no good. Try your best to eat whole foods, especially those that build the yin and the kidneys.

If you are skinny/lighter person (Vata dosha), then you can tolerate more yin foods. If you are a more heavyset person (Kapha dosha), then you will need to be careful to avoid stagnation, such as doing more exercise. However, your current symptoms point towards yin deficiency, so just worry about that for now.

---------------------------

For sleep: Go to bed before 11pm. Avoid blue light (from modern lights and screens), and avoid eating minimum 2 hours before bed if you can help it. If you have insomnia or hot flashes, or any other symptoms, push the acupoints shown below.

Sleeping at this actually makes a big difference in the healing process.

For acupressure, please read this great article on points for menopause-like symptoms. A lot of these points will fix both the mental and physical symptoms that you feel. Push with moderate pressure and hold for at least a few minutes.

When you have symptoms, push them for at least 5 minutes or longer. Otherwise, try to make a habit of pushing them regularly, such as when you are watching TV or listening to music or something. Not only do these most of these points correct some symptoms nearly immediately, but they will also heal the organs associated with them as well.

You should see some relief from these tips, but definitely follow through with a TCM clinician. They will be much more able to guide your healing process, such as prescribing the right herbs for you. Make an effort on the lifestyle factors, as these are the true causes behind your problems.

Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the consistency of my residues, it depends on the type of food I eat the day before.

If I eat papaya, pineapple, mango, eggs and cabbage, the waste is not as solid.

Regarding water intake, I drink at least three liters of water a day.

I will follow your directions.

Bruxa said:
If I eat papaya, pineapple, mango, eggs and cabbage, the waste is not as solid.

Regarding water intake, I drink at least three liters of water a day.

I will follow your directions.

The waste should be solid regardless of the food taken. If it isn't, it means the spleen organ system did not remove the water from the food like it should have. Spleen deficiency happens in the case of cold and excess sweetness foods, which is what these fruits and cold veggies represent. This applies to both "cold" in property and cold in temperature.

Winter and fall are already yin times, so the body will tend towards this. This means foods should be warmer during these seasons, and this is why cold foods like fruits are not seasonally available. I would not eat any fruit if you are having such symptoms to protect your digestion, especially because of the season.

Eggs are good for the yin of the body and are still warming to the digestion, so they should be ok.

Cabbage, such as cold and raw cabbage, should be avoided, for the same reasons related to the spleen. Make sure your veggies are cooked.

While your primary symptoms seem more related to the kidneys and general yin deficiency of the body, a healthy digestion is necessary to rebuild the rest of the body, therefore you want to avoid upsetting it.

Anyway, good luck, and I hope you feel some relief soon.

Are you sweating when you sleep?

Feeling hot in the afternoon?

Experiencing dizziness?

Is there still abdominal pain from the surgery?

Pain of the knees of lower back?

Centralforce666 said:
Are you sweating when you sleep?

Feeling hot in the afternoon?

Experiencing dizziness?

Is there still abdominal pain from the surgery?

Pain of the knees of lower back?

Yes, I have all the symptoms that you described.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding and thank you for your attention and help.

This symptom pattern corresponds to Kidney Yin Deficiency with local Blood stagnation.

I recommend a course of Liu Wei Di Huang Wan (herbal tea pills) and Xu Fu Zhu Yu Tang (herbal tea pills)

The first one should be taken for six months.

The second for one month and then replace with Si Wu Wan (Herbal tea pills) which should be taken for two years.

A histerectemi is a big change to the body and these herbs will support a slow return to balance in the body.

Centralforce666 said:
This symptom pattern corresponds to Kidney Yin Deficiency with local Blood stagnation.

I recommend a course of Liu Wei Di Huang Wan (herbal tea pills) and Xu Fu Zhu Yu Tang (herbal tea pills)

The first one should be taken for six months.

The second for one month and then replace with Si Wu Wan (Herbal tea pills) which should be taken for two years.

A histerectemi is a big change to the body and these herbs will support a slow return to balance in the body.

Thank you for your help.

I will start the treatment that you recommended to me.

Centralforce666 said:

I had a general question on your opinion of drastic surgeries, such as those that remove parts of the body.

Do you think it is possible for these people to regain some degree of balance, or will they always be fighting against the lack of that body part? Obviously the part will not regrow, but maybe the body could sufficiently compensate, maybe if the yin of that element was supplemented.

Just curious what you have see and what your opinion is.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back