Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Possible to recover from fasting?

Fuil

A year ago I foolishly water fasted for weeks, I still feel my health hurt from this such as poor digestion

Fuil said:
A year ago I foolishly water fasted for weeks, I still feel my health hurt from this such as poor digestion

The fasting will normally directly hurt the adrenals/kidneys and spleen/stomach. Do not worry, they will recover on their own, as everything else can. With enough rest and good food, you will be fine and should not need any additional working. The energy provided through yoga and meditation will of course provide for a giant amount of healing on its own.

You should first make yourself familiar with TCM proper dieting. Combine this with Ayurvedic knowledge of your constitution such that you eat to balance your body. Making these changes will provide for a fully nourishing digestive system that is not fraught with imbalances or wasteful practices.
Proper diet tips from TCM
How to eat for your Dosha (Constitution)

Additionally, you need to make modifications for the season. You are in luck, because the fall and winter is good for rebuilding the yin and kidneys of the body. Generally, you will want to eat warmer and heavier foods, but again, do the above tips firstly.

Another very important tip for recovery is to get in bed at 10, or 11 by the latest. This is the best time for the body to rest and will provide a great deal for recovery alone. This will boost your efficiency if you feel tired during the day by providing you with a higher quality of sleep, so don't think of it as inconvenient.

Lastly, what sort of symptoms are you having? A year ago is a long time and should've given room for healing. What you experience now could be something different. Targeting these symptoms directly could solve the issue on its own. Also, to judge your adrenal health check your undereyes. In general, if they are dark discolored, this can be a yin deficiency, and if they are pushy, it is a yang deficiency. I am not 100% sure, but either way, both of these symptoms indicate weakened kidneys.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back