Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What is ALS Lou Gehrig’s Disease?

I don’t know why but recently I have wondering a lot about this illness and trying to figure out how someone gets it and what possible cure(s) there could be. Or if it wasn’t what we are told at all.

I had a family member that suffered from this. She was only in her 50’s. I saw how it got worse over time, from not being able to walk or use arms, to not even being able to move her mouth or talk, being confined to an electric wheelchair and having someone else have to do basic things for her. It is terrifying and sad indeed. I was young when this happened so I don’t remember all of it. This illness scares me more than cancer or anything else, mostly because it is irreversible. Any input is appreciated.

Maybe this will help brother, I'll look more. If I find anything then I'll follow up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XUzenlkLHU

SouthernWhiteGentile said:
I don’t know why but recently I have wondering a lot about this illness and trying to figure out how someone gets it and what possible cure(s) there could be. Or if it wasn’t what we are told at all.

I had a family member that suffered from this. She was only in her 50’s. I saw how it got worse over time, from not being able to walk or use arms, to not even being able to move her mouth or talk, being confined to an electric wheelchair and having someone else have to do basic things for her. It is terrifying and sad indeed. I was young when this happened so I don’t remember all of it. This illness scares me more than cancer or anything else, mostly because it is irreversible. Any input is appreciated.

This is a genetic defect and a sclerosis. This can happen in multiple organs and in ALS it happens with the motor neurons. I see why you’d be concerned but the good news is it is most often sporadic (90-95% of the time) in rare cases its heredity. It can be caused by something environmental. The reason why that can become hereditary is that if something effects a parents genes, they can pass that gene on. It’s highly likely your grandparent acquired the defect later in life. Take good care of your body and always meditate. Do a lot of research on poisons that could be linked to it. Genetics can make a person more susceptible to acquiring an illness but doesn’t garuntee it. Knowledge is very powerful. Stephen hawking had ALS and he surpassed the life expectancy by a long shot.

On my dads side, a type of digestive cancer runs in the family that was only discovered a year before my dad came down with it. It runs so strongly that even second cousins have had it, and pretty much anyone related to him has issues with it. The saving grace of this is that after it was dialed in with my dad, the entire family was able to be screened and caught it early. It starts very early on, in the thirties. Most people don’t get colon cancer screenings until their fifties. The signs of onset are very subtle until a person is near death. The polyps are also notoriously difficult to detect. Once it starts though, growth is extremely rapid. They can take preventive measures and let their doctors know about it, and remove polyps and early stages of it. My aunt has to go in every 3 months to have them removed, which is insane. But, she gets to live thanks to the knowledge we have on it now. Early detection and prevention is critical.

Sundara said:

Modern medicine often attributes many things to be incurable, but I have found it is mostly that they cannot cure it, rather than it being an actual characteristic of the disease state. For example, many autoimmune issues are usually yang or heat imbalances, often caused by chronic toxins or irritants entering the area.

In the case of ALS, I will reference this study on acupuncture for ALS:

"The following facts are significant [from TCM]:

• Spleen controls the muscles and limbs.

• Spleen Deficiency is often associated with Stomach Deficiency.

• Liver controls the tendons.

• Kidney controls the nerve tissue in general.

In disorders associated with muscle wasting (known as Atrophy Syndrome in Chinese Medicine) there are usually Deficiencies of these functions. These are the Deficiency Patterns. Many times, retention of Dampness and Stasis of Blood can cause paralysis; these are Excess Patterns.

The cause of contraction of muscles is usually Liver Deficiency.

Twitching of muscles is due to Spleen and Kidney deficiency (usually Yang deficiency), leading to deficiency of Qi and Blood in the channels."

------------------------------------------------

Within this study, they treated a 55 year old woman with ALS using acupuncture:

"This patient's Chinese diagnosis was as follows:

• Cramping pains in the legs were due to Dampness.

• Fatigue, weakness of muscles, and reduced appetite were due to Stomach and Spleen Deficiency, a diagnosis that was supported by the pale tongue and weak pulse.

• Wasting of muscles and low-back pain were due to Liver and Kidney Deficiency, a diagnosis supported by the patient's dry eyes and deep pulse."

Treatment Protocols:

"Nutritional Support

Nutritional support for the patient's nervous system was given in the form of mineral salts, including: calcium phosphate; potassium phosphate; potassium chloride; magnesium phosphate; and sodium phosphate. The dose was 0.5 μg each in combination three times per day. An alcoholic extract of garden daisy (Bellis perennis) was also included (5 drops daily) for its regenerating effects.

Acupuncture Treatment

Acupuncture treatment was given twice per week for 8 weeks and then at monthly intervals. After a period of 6 months, a further course of twice-weekly treatments was given for 8 weeks and then one treatment per month, which is being continued as of this writing."

Results:

"There was considerable symptomatic improvement. The patient started climbing stairs after the first course of treatment (8 weeks). The power of dorsiflexion of the feet became Grade 3, and, subsequently, Grade 4.

Her Karnofsky status became 100. When examined in April 2017, she was totally symptom-free, leading a normal life. As of this writing, she climbs stairs and walks 2 hours per day. There is no fasciculation. The power of dorsiflexion of both feet became 4–5, and her wasting has marginally improved, more so in the left foot (Figs. 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B). EMG performed in March 2017 showed no significant deterioration from what showed 3 years ago (Tables 1 and ​and2).2). The aim of treatment was to provide symptomatic improvement and arrest the progression of this patient's disease. Her symptomatic improvement is near-normalcy as she stated; arrest of progression of the disease so far was evident in the EMG; and the slight reduction of the wasting of her muscles (shown in Figs. 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B) is a bonus."

Discussion of results and other studies:

"Although the motor dysfunctions are the main symptoms of ALS, spasticity and associated pain are common, and acupuncture has been shown in studies to be most useful for alleviating these symptoms.14

Significant neurologic improvements in 2 patients with ALS after acupuncture injection therapy were reported by Liang et al.15 There are other studies showing beneficial effects of acupuncture in ALS, involving motor functions, in Chinese literature that is not referenced in PubMed. One of these is by Cheng Yongde who treated 46 patients who had ALS with acupuncture and Chinese herbs and is detailed in an article by Dharmananda.12 Six patients had clinical remission; for 11, the treatment was markedly effective; for 24, it was fairly effective; and for 5, it was ineffective.

The current case is remarkable in that, after relentless aggravation for 4 months resulting in Grade 2 weakness in both feet—which made climbing stairs impossible and caused considerable difficulty in walking even on level ground—2 months of acupuncture reversed most of this patient's symptoms—spasm, pain, weakness and fasciculation—and she was able to climb stairs and engage in brisk walking for 2 hours every day."

It is still doesn’t make sense to me. It can happen to young people in their twenties.

You say it can be a genetic thing but what is it related to? No one else in my family before or after her has had this. Is it caused by another genetic condition? My family isn’t sick there are no illness that run in it. So there is still really no reason for someone to have ALS.

It is still doesn’t make sense to me. It can happen to young people in their twenties.

You say it can be a genetic thing but what is it related to? No one else in my family before or after her has had this. Is it caused by another genetic condition? My family isn’t sick there are no illness that run in it. So there is still really no reason for someone to have ALS.

Environmental factors combined with a persons genetic susceptibility. There is still a lot of mystery around the disease. Chemical pollutants can cause permanent genetic defects that pass down in generations occasionally. It was first identified in the late 1800’s and it seems like there’s a higher than usual amount of famous people who have this for being so rare. I’d suspected planetary it might be linked to Uranus.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back