Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I need help eating...

Big Dipper

hi, so basically when it comes to grocery shopping it's one of my least favorite things to do, because i live off the same stuff : red baron and digornio frozen pizzas, and occasionally pork steak and thats all i eat. Im so sick of pizza, but i dont know what to eat. I also really hate salad of any type. Also im not one to snack as i've never wanted to spend money on small stuff, so its always been "hungry, make pizza". I grew up eating hotdogs, steaks, porksteaks, cheeseburgers, and grilled cheese and im sick of all those. What do you guys eat?

Big Dipper said:
hi, so basically when it comes to grocery shopping it's one of my least favorite things to do, because i live off the same stuff : red baron and digornio frozen pizzas, and occasionally pork steak and thats all i eat. Im so sick of pizza, but i dont know what to eat. I also really hate salad of any type. Also im not one to snack as i've never wanted to spend money on small stuff, so its always been "hungry, make pizza". I grew up eating hotdogs, steaks, porksteaks, cheeseburgers, and grilled cheese and im sick of all those. What do you guys eat?

There's lots of things you could eat. Eggs, vegetables, soups.

I would suggest doing some research online to learn how to cook. It really opens the door up for vareity in your meals, it tastes a lot better, and its a lot healthier

For example i mentioned eggs above. You could make an omelete one day, add some cheese into it, maybe some broccoli and/or lunch meat, salt & pepper & youve got a pretty good meal in like 10 minutes.

The next day you can fry them and eat them on some toast, with runny yolks or not, takes 5 mins total. You could scramble them, boil them, poach them. You could add some onions and garlic to your scrambled eggs or some sriracha sauce to your fried ones. You could make french toast with them as well

Each of these options tastes totally different and theres many more things you could do with them. Theres really too many things to list you just need to be open and willing to try new things

Big Dipper said:
As someone who had lots of trouble finding anything new at all to eat, I understand where you are coming from. This stuff comes naturally for a lot of people it seems, based on how they were raised I would assume, so some have it a lot easier with it.

The only real solution that worked for me is to endlessly watch videos and read content about recipes and things of the like. And as soon as you find something that really interests you, something you think could be very tasty, do not be afraid to spend a decent sum of money to get the ingredients to atleast try it once. It's always most expensive the first time, after that it becomes much easier to "cheap it down", once you ate it a few times and understand how it tastes. On YouTube, look into the channels "Food Wishes", "Ethan Chebowski", "Chef Jack Ovens", and "J. Kenji Lopez Alt". These all have great recipes and usually keep it relatively simple. I suggest you check out these channels and see which fit your style the most. Then you can simply browse through until you find recipes you would like to try.

Trust me when I tell you that, with your current diet, you will get very ugly illnesses in the future that will cost you thousands to cure or even just to keep them at bay. So do not be afraid to spend some money now on testing out new foods to prevent that. I hope this helps.

do a working to be less picky. use self hypnosis, and engrain your soul with the idea of new foods using a 40 day affirmation program, you can further increase the effectiveness by raising your energies before every working, with runes, SaTaNaS or runes, sanksrit, yoga, etc.

remember to always include in a healthy and positive way, when dealing with workings that involve you.

You are not your brain, you are the awareness within, all you have to do is control your mind, and slowly start to rewrite your mind and soul for this habit. you should be able to accomplish it in 40 days if you stick with it and never give up. But if you want something bad enough you'll overcome yourself. Also always try to keep it in the back of your mind so you don't slip up. and don't beat yourself up if you fail. just start again.

i strongly recommend picking up cooking as hobby, and just start experimenting, if you're mind is stopping you from experimenting then change your mind.

The simplest and most effective change you can make is preparing food at home and using start from scratch recipes..

Lose the jars, and premade sauces and make everything from scratch where possible.

This will improve your:

- cooking ability,
- health,
- ability to be resourceful with respect to information and supply.

Shael said:
Big Dipper said:
As someone who had lots of trouble finding anything new at all to eat, I understand where you are coming from. This stuff comes naturally for a lot of people it seems, based on how they were raised I would assume, so some have it a lot easier with it.

The only real solution that worked for me is to endlessly watch videos and read content about recipes and things of the like. And as soon as you find something that really interests you, something you think could be very tasty, do not be afraid to spend a decent sum of money to get the ingredients to atleast try it once. It's always most expensive the first time, after that it becomes much easier to "cheap it down", once you ate it a few times and understand how it tastes. On YouTube, look into the channels "Food Wishes", "Ethan Chebowski", "Chef Jack Ovens", and "J. Kenji Lopez Alt". These all have great recipes and usually keep it relatively simple. I suggest you check out these channels and see which fit your style the most. Then you can simply browse through until you find recipes you would like to try.

Trust me when I tell you that, with your current diet, you will get very ugly illnesses in the future that will cost you thousands to cure or even just to keep them at bay. So do not be afraid to spend some money now on testing out new foods to prevent that. I hope this helps.
Just to let you know the food wishes guy is a jew.

It’s mind blowing how easy it is to put together a tasty meal that is nutritious in half an hour or less.

Breakfast options are super easy. Oatmeal with your favorite fruit and milk, muesli and yogurt, etc. Often I’ll make protein smoothies with milk, yogurt, fruit and vegetables every morning with some fiber and protein powder to lower the rush of sugar into the blood. But otherwise it’s healthy protein, carbs, fats and probiotics and tastes great.

When it comes to Salads. No one likes plain raw vegetables. Making them taste great always comes to the dressing and the added textures. Toasted nuts go well, chopped fruit, etc. But mainly find a reasonably health dressing you enjoy and it makes the difference.

Snack on fruit as well. Mangos and kiwis have all the vitamin c you need and large amounts of electrolytes.

For supper, your options are endless. Pasta dishes are fast. Make the sauces from scratch, mind your portions. But basically what was said by others is best. Find recipes you like. And that’s the only alternative. There’s endless quick recipes online. Do a search, find what you like and begin cooking more. It doesn’t have to be a burden. But it’s the only alternative to your frozen pizzas.

Slow roasting is one of the cheapest and tastiest options as well. Put some ingredients in a roasting tray. Cheap cuts of meats and whatever the recipe calls for and then into the oven for 2-3 hours and you just put your legs up and relax until it’s done. Then you have a delicious meal.

I got into this some time ago, fell in love with cooking, (I’ve become truly obsessed!) and now I’ve progressed to training in fine dining restaurants as a cook. Probably won’t do this for the rest of my life as far as work, but it’s amazing when you get to the next level of cooking, past home cooking and the level of flavors and creations that you can make. Extraordinary. Not everyone must take it this far of course, but the point is cooking can be enjoyable.

Doesn’t sound like you’re much into cooking but maybe some small efforts to making this more affordable and healthier, have you tried making pizza bites on whole wheat bagels with some decent quality cheese and pepperonis with less nitrates? If it’s a taste thing versus money, start with just getting better ingredients and making small efforts. You can change your appetite towards these types of foods. Slowly if you have to, but over time these efforts will take a big effect and you’ll no longer want shitty food.

I’ll admit, sometimes I just put whatever I can in my mouth. Especially when my family isn’t around, when I’m alone, it’s whatever. I do try to listen to my bodies needs if I’m really craving something. It’s usually what I actually need. This can happen more as you adjust your diet. If you switch straight to eating drastically different it can make you sick for a second. I did this and I was fine with it but sometimes it’s better to take it slow.

Sundara said:

Big Dipper said:

With anything, your body will adapt. If you go from playing video games 24/7 to not at all, then over the course of the next few days, your cravings will weaken and you won't even feel the need to. Same goes for food, especially processed foods with sugar or flavor additives. This works best when you can 100% block the temptation. This is easy for software, but it can be hard with food when you live around others.

As far as cravings go, make sure they aren't cravings simply towards sugar or flavor additives. Usually, the body craves flavors, as opposed to specific items, as the flavors point towards food groups that benefit certain organ systems. For example, salt cravings means kidney/bladder issues, and the actual treatment would be salty foods like kelp, olives, sardines, and kidney beans, not actual concentrated salt.

I use frozen foods and quickly cook them to make up the base of my meals, then I used some canned items like soups and fish for when I am feeling lazier. For example, I have a bag of frozen mixed veggies that I throw in the steamer, and while those steam (~5 mins), I throw some thawed meat or fish on a pan. As far as rice or grains go, I usually just open a bag of rice into a small pot and heat it and add seasons. Everything is done in about 5-10 mins.

I then rinse out the pans and reuse them during the day, then at night I wash them with soap and put them away.

Doing this seems to be the best time/performance value as I get a balanced, whole food diet from this with little cook time involved. I am not a fan of making big recipes or anything. For taste, I usually eat stuff plain, but you can just add spices or sauces pre-made. Better than trusting whatever is added to some of these foods.

There’s lots of stuff you can cook that’s fast easy, not expensive and isn’t frozen or heavily processed.

Scrambled/fried eggs for one.

Take a pound of ground beef, best if you get it fresh from a local farmer/butcher, and cook it in a pot on the stove it until it’s brown. This is very easy and doesn’t require cooking skills. Put ANY kind of seasoning you want, or eat it plain. This is the main meal I make when I’m by myself. I also like to throw in lettuce and cheese with this beef.

Boil or mash some potatoes to have a good dish to go with this, or just have the meat+things thrown in it. I don’t know how big you or your appetite is but this makes one good meal for me, you might even have enough for leftovers.

From your original post it sounds like you don’t mind eating the same things again and again, so you can cook a few pounds of this and put it in the fridge to eat out of for as long as you want.

Ground beef is one of the most versatile foods and isn’t bad for you. I’m sure you can go online and find tons of recipes to make with this stuff, but this is the way I like it.

Eric13 said:
When it comes to Salads. No one likes plain raw vegetables. Making them taste great always comes to the dressing and the added textures.

You give sound advice, but I have to comment on this one. I never make salads, because I just do not like the chopping and preparing considering the time it takes to make and I like veggies as they are. For example I slice a bell pepper into thin or semi thin long slices and that's that. I eat it raw without any extra alongside of my normal portion of beans, eggs, meat or whatever. Do not get me wrong I like making my own meals and good food is one of my favourite things, but I just can't be bothered to use any more than the minimum time to be honest.

The simpler the better. If one could eat raw meat without risks, I probably would lol. I guess I'm ascetic around the subject of food.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back