Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Recovering from prolonged lack of sleep

Poweredbythesun

Website
www.satanisgod.org
Good evening, everyone :)

For the past 8-10 years I've hardly gotten 5 hours of sleep a night (sometimes closer to 4 hours), and with my sleep schedule finally stabilizing as of late I decided it would be a good time to ask about what more I should do to help recover from not getting enough sleep all this time. Currently I'm getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night, and sleeping for 9~ hours a night on weekends. And I feel fantastic, but I'm not sure of what else I can do aside from meditating regularly.

Something to note here too (as it might help out), this sleeplessness has been of my own fault as I used to stay up late on the computer. And this all happened from my mid teens, up until now. I'm not sure exactly what impact it has had on my health, as I'm pretty healthy and am very athletic, but somehow I also managed to do all this and more while only getting 4 hours of sleep a night all through my Senior Year of high school. And that is definitely NOT healthy.

Thank you all in advance, I hope to hear from you all soon :)

Ideally 8 hours a day of sleep, but if you feel fine on 7 hours go for it. I personally need 8-8.30h per night.

Poweredbythesun said:
Good evening, everyone :)

For the past 8-10 years I've hardly gotten 5 hours of sleep a night (sometimes closer to 4 hours), and with my sleep schedule finally stabilizing as of late I decided it would be a good time to ask about what more I should do to help recover from not getting enough sleep all this time. Currently I'm getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night, and sleeping for 9~ hours a night on weekends. And I feel fantastic, but I'm not sure of what else I can do aside from meditating regularly.

Something to note here too (as it might help out), this sleeplessness has been of my own fault as I used to stay up late on the computer. And this all happened from my mid teens, up until now. I'm not sure exactly what impact it has had on my health, as I'm pretty healthy and am very athletic, but somehow I also managed to do all this and more while only getting 4 hours of sleep a night all through my Senior Year of high school. And that is definitely NOT healthy.

Thank you all in advance, I hope to hear from you all soon :)

You should be fine if you stay on your current sleep shedule. The more someone sleeps less, the more open sleep receptors places are build in the brain. If someone e.g. drinks coffeine, these receptors are blocked, if enouth coffeine is taken. The body still feels it needs sleep, so it does produce more sleep receptors. Until the point you just sleep (in extreme cases longer awake then 3 days a person can die of to less sleep[heart attack]). I think this also works the other way around, meaning over time your body does decrease the too much sleep receptors.

Poweredbythesun said:

There is nothing really you can do, but in a sense, it doesn't matter. The stress placed on the body has already occurred, but within a week of good sleep, the brain should be functioning normally. Lack of sleep can stress the kidneys (in TCM), so make sure you bolster your jing stores or pay attention to them.

Meditating regularly will go a long way to healing any damage. Don't forget the yoga. Do your best to maintain your good sleep. Ideally you would sleep as long as needed and awake without alarm, but this isn't always feasible.

Your physical body is important, but it is ok if it has some wear on it, as it only has to last until the Magnum Opus. Even before this point, however, the body will have so much bioenergy flowing through it, that it will be able to fix, detox, and heal anything it needs or wants to do.

Aquarius said:
Ideally 8 hours a day of sleep, but if you feel fine on 7 hours go for it. I personally need 8-8.30h per night.

Same here, I usually wake up at the 8 hour mark. Though my work requires that I be there at 7 A.M., and I usually wake up at 6 A.M. and I can usually fall asleep around 10 P.M., it's really just time management right now I'm fighting. And I'm still conflicted as to waking up at 4 A.M. and getting everything out of the way before the day starts. But often I can't fall asleep at 8 P.M., so this doesn't happen :/

Ironically, I used to hate sleeping and would only sleep as minimally as I could. But I've grown to love it as I've grown spiritually.

GG Allin said:
You should be fine if you stay on your current sleep schedule. The more someone sleeps less, the more open sleep receptors places are build in the brain. If someone e.g. drinks caffeine, these receptors are blocked, if enough caffeine is taken. The body still feels it needs sleep, so it does produce more sleep receptors. Until the point you just sleep (in extreme cases longer awake then 3 days a person can die of to less sleep[heart attack]). I think this also works the other way around, meaning over time your body does decrease the too much sleep receptors.

Yeah, I know all about this XD And being someone who works in a place where coffee is literally why my job exists, it's ironic I hate drinking it but rely on about 200mg of caffeine a morning to function. It's weird too, I was once at a point where I could drink an energy drink and go to sleep as if I'd've drank water. But now I get jittery and super fast if I go over 200 mg, and I'm hoping to get rid of my caffeine dependency all together if I can. Maybe it'll even help me sleep better at night :)

Also fixed your spelling, red lines while proof reading kinda bug me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blitzkreig said:
There is nothing really you can do, but in a sense, it doesn't matter. The stress placed on the body has already occurred, but within a week of good sleep, the brain should be functioning normally. Lack of sleep can stress the kidneys (in TCM), so make sure you bolster your jing stores or pay attention to them.

Meditating regularly will go a long way to healing any damage. Don't forget the yoga. Do your best to maintain your good sleep. Ideally you would sleep as long as needed and awake without alarm, but this isn't always feasible.

Your physical body is important, but it is ok if it has some wear on it, as it only has to last until the Magnum Opus. Even before this point, however, the body will have so much bioenergy flowing through it, that it will be able to fix, detox, and heal anything it needs or wants to do.

I was afraid so :/ Consistency really is killing me too, but I've made a lot of progress even with the days I occasionally miss. Now my only real problem aside from lack of sleep, is distractions and procrastination, both of which cause a lack of sleep in and of themselves. But I do admit I've also come a long way, and the hardest part of this all is getting started.

As to the bioelectricity part too, it's weird as I fully understand, and as I type this, even feel myself being healed. But it still gets to me sometimes, knowing how fucked I was before Spiritual Satanism. I basically had insomnia, depression, back pain, and a whole host of mental problems. But a simple routine of yoga and meditation fixed all that and more, heck I even used to be a transhumanist and wanted to become a cyborg. But seeing what I know now vs. then, I now know Humans aren't weak, just degenerated from a lack of real spirituality and a connection to the Gods.

Don't sacrifice your sleep, you can do everything after work. It will mentally and physically drain you to wake up at 4am

Aquarius said:
Don't sacrifice your sleep, you can do everything after work. It will mentally and physically drain you to wake up at 4am

I know, but there's the problem. 'Can'. I've found it difficult to keep consistent after work, and I even have regular interruptions just after work that make me miss meditation. Waking up at 4 A.M. to start my day off was my attempt at fixing the issue, and staying consistent. Too bad it didn't work out long term :/

Poweredbythesun said:
Aquarius said:

I know, but there's the problem. 'Can'. I've found it difficult to keep consistent after work, and I even have regular interruptions just after work that make me miss meditation. Waking up at 4 A.M. to start my day off was my attempt at fixing the issue, and staying consistent. Too bad it didn't work out long term :/
Because you're procastinating the issue to 4am :p It's literally a bad habit. I used to have this bad habit too:"I wanna be so productive Im gonna wake up at 4AM and do all my shit!" too bad it's just a way to procastinate and I would always be dead tired and achieve nothing. If you wanna be productive learn to use the time you have after work, you feel like you can't do it but that's just your mind who prefers easy things.

Aquarius said:
Poweredbythesun said:
Aquarius said:

Because you're procastinating the issue to 4am :p It's literally a bad habit. I used to have this bad habit too:"I wanna be so productive Im gonna wake up at 4AM and do all my shit!" too bad it's just a way to procastinate and I would always be dead tired and achieve nothing. If you wanna be productive learn to use the time you have after work, you feel like you can't do it but that's just your mind who prefers easy things.

Thanks :) Another problem I have too is being not just self aware, but hyper aware. Which doesn't help my procrastination, as I'll realize I'm procrastinating and often sit and debate about it mentally for who knows how long. Or I'll make it to bed time and know I won't do anything, so I'll do the bare minimum and go to bed. I had a solution to this a while ago too, and it mainly revolved around the "Just do it" kind of mindset. But I've fallen out of that, and I need to get back into that mindset :/

Thank you for the advice though, it really helps :) Maybe today I need to re-establish some rules and get going into the "Just do it" mindset, it'd be a great idea with today not just being the Summer Solstice, but also an eclipse and Sunday :)

After I added word motivated into my aop affirmation I have had less problems with procrastination. There are still ways to go, but I think this addition to affirmation has helped me to sacrifice less needed stuff a bit.

Poweredbythesun said:
Try that new "Nama Sivaya" mantra from Mageson. For some people a lack of drive and satisfaction can come from a blocked crown chakra, and this mantra opens it properly.

Henu the Great said:
After I added word motivated into my aop affirmation I have had less problems with procrastination. There are still ways to go, but I think this addition to affirmation has helped me to sacrifice less needed stuff a bit.

Thanks, I'll have to try this :)

Shael said:
Poweredbythesun said:
Try that new "Nama Sivaya" mantra from Mageson. For some people a lack of drive and satisfaction can come from a blocked crown chakra, and this mantra opens it properly.

Thanks for this, I'll have to do it soon too :D

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back