Dry eyes

For Discussion about Health, Well-being, Traditional Remedies, and much more.
Hearsync

Dry eyes

Postby Hearsync » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 pm

I have been experiencing dry eyes daily for some months now. I've never had this problem before and not sure what might be causing it. I don't think it's the changing seasons as I've been experiencing it from the end of winter and now into summer. It tends to happen mostly some hours after having woken up, will persist for a short period of time - maybe 30min or so, then will go away and won't often experience it again the rest of the day.

It was suggested I take fish oil daily, but I haven't noticed any change. Don't really want to have to result in eye drops, so perhaps there is some sort of imbalance I could correct through TCM or otherwise? Open to any suggestions!

Ol argedco luciftias

Re: Dry eyes

Postby Ol argedco luciftias » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Very simple imbalance, drink more water! People being dehydrated when they wake up is very common.

Hearsync

Postby Hearsync » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 am

Ol argedco luciftias wrote:Very simple imbalance, drink more water! People being dehydrated when they wake up is very common.

I like to think I drink plenty of water - and often have a fair amount in the morning. I feel like there's something else going on.

scorpiorising

Postby scorpiorising » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi.

Besides drinking enough water, you can try this:

In the morning, soak a pad, a cloth, anything, with warm water. Squeeze. Then apply the warm material over your eyes for couple minutes. You can even try your whole face. This is warm compress to bring more blood flow to the area. You can lightly massage the area around your eyelids.

I have dry eyes everyday from wearing contact lenses for few hours. That's what I do to help dry my eyes. It may work for you.

Hearsync

Postby Hearsync » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:49 pm

scorpiorising wrote:Hi.

In the morning, soak a pad, a cloth, anything, with warm water. Squeeze. Then apply the warm material over your eyes for couple minutes. You can even try your whole face. This is warm compress to bring more blood flow to the area. You can lightly massage the area around your eyelids.

I have dry eyes everyday from wearing contact lenses for few hours. That's what I do to help dry my eyes. It may work for you.

Thanks, Ill give it a shot. Finding I get dry eyes at any random time of the day - even in the evening.

Anyone aware of any TCM implications they might be aware of around this?

Νίκος

Postby Νίκος » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:28 am

Hearsync wrote:
scorpiorising wrote:Hi.

Thanks, Ill give it a shot. Finding I get dry eyes at any random time of the day - even in the evening.

Anyone aware of any TCM implications they might be aware of around this?

Evening and morning are not to random times.The temperature of our body rises those times.What mean is that if you for example habe the average temperature for your normal temperature (36.6 C) in the evening it can get to 37.2C while you are perfectly healthy.
So check this with a thermometer because this can be the case.Also more water ,sleep properly in the night (from 11 pm to 2am max is the ideal bit it is advisable to sleep before the midnight. Also make sure that it is in a dark place cause it is scientifically proved that the pineal gland secretes an hormone named melatonin ,which has various health benefits,and is only secreted from pineal gland when you sleep in the dark.)
Finally if you don't want to do what scorpiorising adviced you (not that it is harmful or anything) you warm your palms and put them in your eyes so can only see dark.This will have the same effect with scorpiorising's advise.(It is out of topic but if you do what I told you with the palms ,in the time you are doing it you xan do void meditation focusing only on the full darkness.I told you just if you want to do 2 in 1 things :) )

Centralforce666

Postby Centralforce666 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:03 pm

Dry eyes are a symptom of liver blood deficiency.

If you are a woman, and these coincide with short menstrual flow (or minimal flow) then you may need to consider some blood building herbs such as Dang Gui (angelica sinensis) and Shu Di Huang (cooked Rhemmania).

If the problem is intermittent and comes and goes and has no correspondent poor period flow then it is likely an issue with qi circulation.

This can be resolved with the addition of more exercise into your routine.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war