Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Transparent tooth

Cro666

A while ago when i brushed my teeth i pushed the brush to hard against my teeth, because of this a part of one of my front teeth has become somewhat transparent. It doesnt bother me that much but its not a nice sight to see for other ppl looking at me, and because of this i wont smile to often...

Does anyone know of a way to repair a transparent tooth? I could go to the dentist but they will remove a part of the tooth and replace it with a fake tooth, wich i really am not planning to do.

Cro666 said:
A while ago when i brushed my teeth i pushed the brush to hard against my teeth, because of this a part of one of my front teeth has become somewhat transparent. It doesnt bother me that much but its not a nice sight to see for other ppl looking at me, and because of this i wont smile to often...

Does anyone know of a way to repair a transparent tooth? I could go to the dentist but they will remove a part of the tooth and replace it with a fake tooth, wich i really am not planning to do.

you could try theodent (whitening) toothpaste. you can look this topic
https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13321&p=51109&hilit=theodent#p51109

Centralforce666 said:
Are you saying that this occurred after one time brushing your teeth?

im was a bit unclear about srry but no it didnt happen after one time pressing to hard. i used to press the tooth brush hard against my teeth all the time it was the way i brushed my teeth... i put so much force on it that the bristles bent even when i got a new brush after a couple of times using it the bristles would bend. pretty dumb i know

GG Allin said:
https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13321&p=51109&hilit=theodent#p51109

i took a look at the post and the post mentions that baking powder and theodent toothpast does whiten your teeth, but i dont think that it will repair tooth enamel. the seetrough part is seetrough because the tooth enamel has been damaged...

Cro666 said:
GG Allin said:

i took a look at the post and the post mentions that baking powder and theodent toothpast does whiten your teeth, but i dont think that it will repair tooth enamel. the seetrough part is seetrough because the tooth enamel has been damaged...

The compound from chocolate within theodent, is like fluorid , it builds a protective layer on the teeth enamel. but fluoride is toxic and will in the long run make your teeth worse then without . you could try to put the theodent for 10-15 min a day on the damaged teeth after several days you can look if the damage got less. i never tryed it like that , but this is the only thing I could think off which could work. in thear advertising they say theodent builds a bigger /better protective layer then fluorid.

GG Allin said:
Cro666 said:
GG Allin said:

The compound from chocolate within theodent, is like fluorid , it builds a protective layer on the teeth enamel. but fluoride is toxic and will in the long run make your teeth worse then without . you could try to put the theodent for 10-15 min a day on the damaged teeth after several days you can look if the damage got less. i never tryed it like that , but this is the only thing I could think off which could work. in thear advertising they say theodent builds a bigger /better protective layer then fluorid.

alright i will try that thank you. worst part about this is that they dont sell theodent in my country so i had to buy it from ebay... its 32 bucks for one tube :cry: i tried to buy it trough the official website and they wanted 30 bucks just to send it my way plus the initial cost..... well i hope it will work ^^

Cro666 said:
GG Allin said:
Cro666 said:

alright i will try that thank you. worst part about this is that they dont sell theodent in my country so i had to buy it from ebay... its 32 bucks for one tube :cry: i tried to buy it trough the official website and they wanted 30 bucks just to send it my way plus the initial cost..... well i hope it will work ^^

np it was just a thought. pls report if you did succed with it.

I understand applying a firm but delicate amount of force to your manual toothbrush. But it's not about CRUSHING the toothbrush to it. FYI, if you ever decide for an electric toothbrush in case you wish to improve your oral hygiene albeit manual isn't horrible. Just don't apply that much pressure, in fact warnings are placed not to do so even for manual and the firm but delicate pressing.

Also your title is strange. I still don't understand what you did are you implying you rubbed off the enamel and made a visible stain on your tooth resulting in an unsightly blemish? In other words your teeth look fine but your front buck tooth has a small hole that is visible and makes you uncomfortable?

GG Allin said:

I will but it can take some time tough because it takes up to 2 weeks before its deliverd, after that i will try it out for 2 or so weeks before i will report back on it.

Gear88 said:
I understand applying a firm but delicate amount of force to your manual toothbrush. But it's not about CRUSHING the toothbrush to it. FYI, if you ever decide for an electric toothbrush in case you wish to improve your oral hygiene albeit manual isn't horrible. Just don't apply that much pressure, in fact warnings are placed not to do so even for manual and the firm but delicate pressing.

Also your title is strange. I still don't understand what you did are you implying you rubbed off the enamel and made a visible stain on your tooth resulting in an unsightly blemish? In other words your teeth look fine but your front buck tooth has a small hole that is visible and makes you uncomfortable?

I rarely talk or type in english so it takes quite some time to think about how i want to say something, sometimes i dont think it trough good enough like this time....

Anyway yes you got it right i used to press the toothbrush to hard against my teeth and because of that i damaged the enamel, because of that one of my front teeth got a transparent spot on it (its almost in the middle of tooth making it almost look like the teeth is rotting but its not that big of a spot so its not that obvious). ofc it makes me somewhat uncomfortable when i laugh, almost everyone that has something wrong with their teeth smiles less often mostly because it feels somewhat uncomfortable to show your teeth to others.

I dont push the brush hard against my teeth anymore ofc and i tried electric before... i dont like it.

GG Allin said:

Alright i have been using the toothpast for about a week and a half now and i must say it does appear to be helping. I brush my teeth 2 - 3 times a day and 1 - 2 times a day after brushing i lightly brush again and let the toothpaste in my mouth for 5 to 10 minutes.

It seems that the spot is slowly fading away, Getting smaller and getting covered in a light whiteish layer. besides that my teeth or getting whiter as well :) So its going into a good direction

Cro666 said:
GG Allin said:

Alright i have been using the toothpast for about a week and a half now and i must say it does appear to be helping. I brush my teeth 2 - 3 times a day and 1 - 2 times a day after brushing i lightly brush again and let the toothpaste in my mouth for 5 to 10 minutes.

It seems that the spot is slowly fading away, Getting smaller and getting covered in a light whiteish layer. besides that my teeth or getting whiter as well :) So its going into a good direction

Hurray nice to hear :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back