Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

About parasites

Taol

I was actually looking up something else and then I came across information that had to do with parasites.
Since some have said that parasital infections may be more common than one thinks.. (And I've read that on some websites online as well) I want to make a few notes of the info that I read.

So parasites or eggs of them when ingested can cause a parasitical infection. Therefor your food needs to be thoroughly cooked if it is about meat/fish. And fruit/vegetables should be washed with clean uncontaminated water.

In the African countries there is often poor hygiene and more people seem to be infected.
When they go to another country they take the infection with them. Thus also making a risk to spread this to other people (especially if they SHIT in the streets).
(There was also speaking of dogs taking a dump that were infected with worms being possibly a health hazard as well on the thing of spreading parasites).

Especially children seem to be at risk due to not washing hands enough before putting them in their mouths, in example.

Though it is not likely to contract an infection like that in a western country where there is proper hygiene and the like established, doesn't mean that it can't happen.

Also one of the pages that I read said that it would relate to dampness in tcm. But I don't know the validation of this.

One of the pages I read was this one:
http://thompsontreehouse.blogspot.com/2014/02/poop-diaries-giardias-lambia-in-adopted.html

Saying that Flagyl was inadequate for that type of infection with that parasite.

Some of the things may be off, but hope the info was useful nevertheless.

In developed countries, digestive parasites tend to come from either:

- contaminated rainwater tanks (isolated to that one tank),

- poorly cooked pork (pork often contains worms but proper cooking destroys them),

- ingesting human feces or ground soil (whether intentionally or accidentally such as not washing your hands after handling).

Our water supplies are full of bleach and fluoride so nothing can survive there (let alone us) and generally speaking health standards are high enough that these infections are not *common* outside the above vector paths.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back