Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Absorbing vitamins

FlamingRedRose666

What should I do so my body could absorb vitamins more faster and more efficiently without any major complications?
Because I keep eating fruits, vegetables, animal products (including meat) and my body is having such a terrible time absorbing vitamins to the point that my immune system is weaker than ever...

Just one week ago I had my vocal chords inflamed (had a terrible virus flu (doctor said so) attacking my body) and after healing it all up, my tonsils are acting up.... the left side of it to be more precise... and I really need advice on what to do..

I looked up on the internet on what to do and I already am doing everything that is needed for better vitamin absorption, but nothing much is working... and no, I didn't just start it, I've been doing it for years... but it wasn't as horrible as this year..... :/

I'd appreciate all the help guys....

Thanks..

There is obviously a fundamental assumption that vitamins = healthy immune system.

There are many other factors at play.

For starters, in which season do you have the most problems? Is it winter? Do you dress appropriately IE Scarves, enough layers, not sleeping with a window open in the bedroom...

How is your overall health? Do you have other concerns such as fatigue, frequent loose stools (diarrhea), poor appetite?

Do you over exert yourself on a regular basis through exercise or daily work (for income).

Are you chronically stressed?

Stress produces stress hormones which actually insert themselves into the cell walls of immune and other cells to signal the DNA of that cell to stop producing immune response signalling substances .. These hormones can remain in the cell wall for significant time periods after the event or stressor...

Centralforce666 said:
There is obviously a fundamental assumption that vitamins = healthy immune system.

There are many other factors at play.

For starters, in which season do you have the most problems? Is it winter? Do you dress appropriately IE Scarves, enough layers, not sleeping with a window open in the bedroom...

How is your overall health? Do you have other concerns such as fatigue, frequent loose stools (diarrhea), poor appetite?

Do you over exert yourself on a regular basis through exercise or daily work (for income).

Are you chronically stressed?

Stress produces stress hormones which actually insert themselves into the cell walls of immune and other cells to signal the DNA of that cell to stop producing immune response signalling substances .. These hormones can remain in the cell wall for significant time periods after the event or stressor...

I was taught to that vitamins help my body.

Yes, Winter, but Autumn plays a role too..
Yes, I dress more for those seasons to not get a bladder infection (I used to get them very often, kidney and bladder issues) or overall not get a flu, but it happens no matter what I do (Not trying to think negative, just saying how it is).

My appetite is weird some days and the other days it's all good. What I mean by that is that some days I only feel like eating lunch and that is it, no more food, the other days I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and I get way more hungrier that I have to eat some more.
I had diarrhea last week quite a lot, it started with my lower part of my tummy (not whole) started to hurt quite a lot.

I actually do exert myself a lot, especially since this is my last year of high school, but my sudden terrible health is making me lose school time (where I study for an important exam in one important class).

I usually stress a lot in school, rarely at home anymore.

Oh, I see, I never knew that... Thank you for explaining me this.

the glands in my throat were swallon for no discernable reason. I take triphala and mead. triphala is awesome it oxegynates everything. I just find myself breathing less with more energy. it's used in ayurveda as a cure all you definatly should get some help digestion too which just leads to better health.

Antibiotics (if you took them for your bladder infection) can over time upset the balance in your gut which makes you vulnerable to diseases.

Treatment for that, could be that I've been told, to add flaxseed into the diet as in, put it on water and let the slime like substance come out and drink that as to increase the lining of the guts before you start on probiotics to regain the balance.

But I wonder if something else is upsetting that balance.

I know some people may cringe at me saying this but, glutenintolerance has been said to become increasingly a problem.

Have you taken records of what you've eaten (and drunk) and what happened after that?

also the rest of this post I'd like to let centralforce handle this.

T.A.O.L. said:
Antibiotics (if you took them for your bladder infection) can over time upset the balance in your gut which makes you vulnerable to diseases.

Treatment for that, could be that I've been told, to add flaxseed into the diet as in, put it on water and let the slime like substance come out and drink that as to increase the lining of the guts before you start on probiotics to regain the balance.

But I wonder if something else is upsetting that balance.

I know some people may cringe at me saying this but, glutenintolerance has been said to become increasingly a problem.

Have you taken records of what you've eaten (and drunk) and what happened after that?

also the rest of this post I'd like to let centralforce handle this.

I haven't had bladder infections for a while actually, which is super good!!

I had my vocal chords inflamed tho (couldn't speak, could barely eat), so I had to take antibiotics for that.

I didn't know about the flaxseed method! Thank you for telling me about this!!!!!!

Would taking bran and after a few hours flaxseed be a good idea? The bran to clean my gut and the flaxseed to strengthen the lining of my gut.

Also, I get terrible heartburns after eating cooked food,everything either must be boiled or animal products (like milk, cheese, etc.). The heartburns gets really horrible to the point that I have to drink some milk to "set out the fire", otherwise it hurts like somebody is ripping through inside of me....

FlamingRedRose666 said:

Yes, I dress more for those seasons to not get a bladder infection (I used to get them very often, kidney and bladder issues) or overall not get a flu, but it happens no matter what I do (Not trying to think negative, just saying how it is).

My appetite is weird some days and the other days it's all good. What I mean by that is that some days I only feel like eating lunch and that is it, no more food, the other days I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and I get way more hungrier that I have to eat some more.
I had diarrhea last week quite a lot, it started with my lower part of my tummy (not whole) started to hurt quite a lot.

I actually do exert myself a lot, especially since this is my last year of high school, but my sudden terrible health is making me lose school time (where I study for an important exam in one important class).

When your tummy was hurting, was this pain aching, stabbing, burning or otherwise?

Do you often alternate between diarrhea and harder, less easy to pass stools?

Do you experience any of the following:

Frustration/irritability
insomnia
pain in the epigastrium (between the two sides of the rib cage near the bottom of the sternum, on the front and middle of the body
pain under the rib cage
joint, muscle or tendon pain

Centralforce666 said:
FlamingRedRose666 said:

When your tummy was hurting, was this pain aching, stabbing, burning or otherwise?

Frustration/irritability
insomnia
pain in the epigastrium (between the two sides of the rib cage near the bottom of the sternum, on the front and middle of the body
pain under the rib cage

It was just terribly aching to the point where you'd have to curl into a ball for hours until it stopped.

No, everything was normal until lately, I do these things like every 2 or 3 days later. My mom said that even when I was still a baby, well hydrated and fed and normal sleep patterns (if that matters), it still was like that.
I thought to tell you this,perhaps it'll help?

Frustration/irritability (Check)
Insomnia (Only some days)

Other than that, nothing else.

The cause of your issues is Liver Qi Stagnation..

This is very common in western people... 6 out of 10 people have some degree of it.

Study is a contributing factor due to the static position one often finds them self in for hours whilst doing so.

The cure, other than herbs which move qi and make you sweat is exercise.

IF exercise makes you feel excessively tired then the stagnation may be a secondary factor to a deficiency of blood.. This requires some supplementation.

Another simple fix is to simplify your diet...

Cooked oats and honey are a great way to start the day as they are gentle on the stomach and the honey lubricates the bowel which aids the liver in smooth expression of energy.. Oats are also full of energy and supplement both qi and blood (whole oats).

White or brown rice with cooked vegetables and thinly sliced and low portions of meat (as in a stir fry) can be useful, especially if fortified with the correct sauce (black bean specifically) as this supports stomach yin but is easy on the spleen and does not increase stagnation.

The two above meal types (you can experiment and chop/change with other types of cooked cereals ie barley, rye, etc. and using noodles instead of rice on occasion) for breakfast and lunch will help keep your qi smooth during the day..

Dinner can be whatever you eat with your family and should vary for nutritional reasons...

The above temporary eating plan, coupled with a moderate increase in physical activity should serve to alleviate some or all of your symptoms without the need for drastic treatment, especially if accompanied by daily meditation and yoga practice...

Centralforce666 said:
The cause of your issues is Liver Qi Stagnation..

This is very common in western people... 6 out of 10 people have some degree of it.

Study is a contributing factor due to the static position one often finds them self in for hours whilst doing so.

The cure, other than herbs which move qi and make you sweat is exercise.

IF exercise makes you feel excessively tired then the stagnation may be a secondary factor to a deficiency of blood.. This requires some supplementation.

Another simple fix is to simplify your diet...

Cooked oats and honey are a great way to start the day as they are gentle on the stomach and the honey lubricates the bowel which aids the liver in smooth expression of energy.. Oats are also full of energy and supplement both qi and blood (whole oats).

White or brown rice with cooked vegetables and thinly sliced and low portions of meat (as in a stir fry) can be useful, especially if fortified with the correct sauce (black bean specifically) as this supports stomach yin but is easy on the spleen and does not increase stagnation.

The two above meal types (you can experiment and chop/change with other types of cooked cereals ie barley, rye, etc. and using noodles instead of rice on occasion) for breakfast and lunch will help keep your qi smooth during the day..

Dinner can be whatever you eat with your family and should vary for nutritional reasons...

The above temporary eating plan, coupled with a moderate increase in physical activity should serve to alleviate some or all of your symptoms without the need for drastic treatment, especially if accompanied by daily meditation and yoga practice...

My liver (rarely) hurts a bit, but nothing major, but this explains a lot.

I'll try my best to follow on those meals, but I have to say that when the chicken (breasts) are chopped in small portions and then cooked and then afterwards vegetables are added, etc. When I eat this, I get terrible heart burns, so I'll have to avoid that, sadly.

I'll try the first method tho!

I have started to exercise, running in place has become my #1 favourite activity for sports.

Thank you for helping me out here!

If anything, I'll update you, but other than that, is there anything that I could do for you to repay you for the time you took to reply and help me? I feel a bit bad for JUST saying thank you, I want to be able to do more.

Centralforce666 said:
FlamingRedRose666 said:

Frustration/irritability
insomnia
pain under the rib cage

I feel the pain in that point more times a day, but every times was just some minute. It feels like someone hit my end of sternum with a pole. I don't know why is happening and what can I do with it. It is normal?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back