Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Suppressing appetite?

Mageson666

Try eating starch plant foods they fill you up give you a lot of energy and are low calories people use them to lose weight. They are also good for you.

Does anyone know of a reliable, safe way to suppress appetite? A spiritual method, mental method, herb, etc. I am overweight and I want to lose weight. I really dislike exercising (although I am open to doing some of it) and my diet is bad, I'm in the process of changing that though.

I'm good about controlling my eating throughout the day but I tend to get really hungry in the evening and night. I often have trouble falling asleep so I'll eat instead. I overeat in the evenings a lot and it makes me tired. I have low energy levels and I'm hoping that improving diet and losing weight will help that, but I don't want to lose even more of it due to hunger. I also don't want hunger to interfere with doing RTRs. Anyone have any advice?

HailVictory88 said:
Does anyone know of a reliable, safe way to suppress appetite? A spiritual method, mental method, herb, etc. I am overweight and I want to lose weight. I really dislike exercising (although I am open to doing some of it) and my diet is bad, I'm in the process of changing that though.

I'm good about controlling my eating throughout the day but I tend to get really hungry in the evening and night. I often have trouble falling asleep so I'll eat instead. I overeat in the evenings a lot and it makes me tired. I have low energy levels and I'm hoping that improving diet and losing weight will help that, but I don't want to lose even more of it due to hunger. I also don't want hunger to interfere with doing RTRs. Anyone have any advice?
Keep in mind that doing power meditations including RTRs can make you hungry afterwards or if you've been doing it for awhile, it can even be a sign that you're doing it right...

Just keep cleaning out and strengthening your soul with all the meditations. Strong healthy soul, strong healthy body they work together. An improving soul makes an improving body, you can't have one without the other. You'll just naturally start to make healthier choices, you'll want to eat healthy food and anything bad either you just won't care about it anymore or you'll actually be disgusted by it. Eat things that your body needs, don't just put some garbage into your body just because it's something. Read the ingredients, most of the food the kikes produce for us is loaded with poisons. See anything poisoous in the ingredients, don't eat it. All the poison garbage is often designed to be as addictive as it is poisonous, not much different than their cigarettes. So just don't eat anything bad and you're good. Learn to cook, get real ingredients and make it yourself so you know it's healthy. And with healthier food, you can eat a much bigger volume of it with less calories and more good nutrients. win win win win win, no problem. Make your soul strong, and trust what it tells you. Your soul only works to help you. Eat whatever you want then, if it's bad you won't want it.

Thank you all for your advice :) Eating more vegetables and healthy stuff seems to work, as does watching my caffeine intake to avoid sudden fluctuations in hunger. I have also been trying to be more mindful when I eat, and chew my food slowly. It makes it more difficult to wolf down a bunch of calories.

Excessive gnawing hunger can be related to phlegm.

A tendency for this to become exacerbated at night is related to yin deficiency.

Eating cooling foods such as greens, and some (not too many) bitter foods may help to ease the severity however phlegm almost always requires serious herbal therapy to clear fully as it is frequently the result of many many years of poor lifestyle choices.

Eat more during the day, and less at night. The metabolism is higher during the day, you will note that people who eat a hearty breakfast are thinner than people who don't eat anything for breakfast. You mentioned you control your appetite during the day and binge at night, this alone could be your problem. I eat often and never gain weight, simply because I am conditioned to eat at proper times and proper amounts. I am always full after eating breakfast, lunch, and supper. My mother on the other hand, skips breakfast in the false belief she will loose weight that way, tries to suppress her appetite for the rest of the day, and she has always been a bit overweight.

Everybody else I have observed who is the same as either her or I, has the exact same results.

Lydia said:
Eat more during the day, and less at night. The metabolism is higher during the day, you will note that people who eat a hearty breakfast are thinner than people who don't eat anything for breakfast. You mentioned you control your appetite during the day and binge at night, this alone could be your problem. I eat often and never gain weight, simply because I am conditioned to eat at proper times and proper amounts. I am always full after eating breakfast, lunch, and supper. My mother on the other hand, skips breakfast in the false belief she will loose weight that way, tries to suppress her appetite for the rest of the day, and she has always been a bit overweight.

Everybody else I have observed who is the same as either her or I, has the exact same results.

One thing I should say for sure is that if you look at people that diet and then lose weight and go eat normally it'll fly right back on.. they that due to starvation your body starts to conserve and store precious things like that in case there may be a time where food is scarce and you won't be able to find food to eat.
The Jojo effect.
Also, I remember reading that fat isn't always the first thing that is consumed. It may seem that all the resources that are in your muscles get consumed first and then after that the fat. So you won't really gain anything from just dieting either.
Not to mention that if you don't eat well you don't get proper nutrients, vitamins and minerals that are rather scarce now in foods anyway..

I also wonder if the biggest meal of the day being the one at dinner is logical.. If you think about it, not so. But at morning, or in the middle of the day there is not really any time to cook proper food.
But since one needs supplies to burn up to function properly throughout the day.. or even to gain muscle.. o.o

And ye I used to know a 'vegetarian' that ate quite a bit throughout the day, snacks and all but never gained weight. She ate chicken though. And eggs. And drank milk I think but no cheese.

Also you just debunked the lie that when people had to hunt for their food they didn't eat for hours after waking up back when we were prehistoric human.

NEVER go to places that offer "help" in losing weight, because I was sent there when I was 13 years old and they either give you very little food or starve you when your body is literally BEGGING for food. Good thing my parents brought me food, otherwise I would of probably would of ended up puking or fainting most of the time. Blegh.

Just warning.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back