Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is ayran good for health?

EasternFireLion666

I had some pain and disconfort in the stomach for a few days and after a small bottle of ayran i was like reborn. I read that this kind of product has lots of good bacteria for digestion.

Any thoughts on this?

Ayran is basically yogurt (or fermented milk), water and sodium chloride (which is also known as "salt") mixed together and drank cold. It's a beverage from broadly the area of central asia to to the balkans.
Because of the sodium chloride it would be best to not drink much of it if any.
You can make ayran very easily at home. Just put the ingredients in a jar shake it voila it's done.

Sinistra said:
Ayran is basically yogurt (or fermented milk), water and sodium chloride (which is also known as "salt") mixed together and drank cold. It's a beverage from broadly the area of central asia to to the balkans.
Because of the sodium chloride it would be best to not drink much of it if any.
You can make ayran very easily at home. Just put the ingredients in a jar shake it voila it's done.

What is your reasoning for recommending against salt consumption?

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Sounds like Kefir, but sounds like kefir is better. Yogurt/milk milkshake type drink full of probiotics but no salt.
I tried both the taste of kefir seemed weird it didn't go well with me (must be an acquired taste). Ayran tastes just fine.

Centralforce666 said:
What is your reasoning for recommending against salt consumption?
What do you recommend ?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back