Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Alpha-GPC

Shael

Hello everyone.

I've been using a supplement with 'Alpha-GPC' in it for a few weeks now, and I was wondering if anyone of you guys knew what exactly this is? On it's wiki page it said it delivers the micronutrient 'choline' to the brain, but that's about all the info I could get from there.

Any input is greatly appreciated. :)

Whether or not the supplement form makes it to the brain is one thing, but if it does then it is a precursor to acetylcholine, the relaxation hormone.

Acetylcholine is responsible for driving functions such as digestion, lowered heart rate, relaxing respiration and general body repair functions.

Centralforce666 said:
Whether or not the supplement form makes it to the brain is one thing, but if it does then it is a precursor to acetylcholine, the relaxation hormone.

Acetylcholine is responsible for driving functions such as digestion, lowered heart rate, relaxing respiration and general body repair functions.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Do you think it would be safe to use this supplement (or anything with Alpha-GPC for that matter) regularly, or should I rather stay away from it?

Shael said:
Centralforce666 said:

Do you think it would be safe to use this supplement (or anything with Alpha-GPC for that matter) regularly, or should I rather stay away from it?

It is purely a precursor protein. It doesn't actually do anything on its own except make available to the body a protein for the production of acetylcholine, which the body will only make when it needs it.

Over supplementation will simply produce more urea.

Centralforce666 said:
Shael said:
Centralforce666 said:

It is purely a precursor protein. It doesn't actually do anything on its own except make available to the body a protein for the production of acetylcholine, which the body will only make when it needs it.

Over supplementation will simply produce more urea.

Phew, that's great to hear. I was a little scared because it sounded so 'artificial' by it's name, haha. Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge with me, I really appreciate it. :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back