Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

energetically fixing a hiatal hernia.

serpentwalker666

I feel I have a hiatal hernia simply because it has gotten very hard for me to physically eat enough. I end up eating throughout the day, but when i eat i get a palpitations. I have took into consideration centralforces advice to exercise more. But depending on the day it's like there's a this knot near my diagram that makes physical activity hard. It's been to the point I've been going to acupuncture appointments in my area to try and sort this out. As it's even hard to chant mantras and it takes some effort as I feel like I'm choking on the contents of my stomach a majority of the time. So I end up doing a lot of energy work with my mind. But also keeping up the RTRS to the best of my ability. If this is the issue I am experiencing, I would like to avoid surgery. But I don't know what can be done. Any suggestions, like loosening muscles, massage are highly appreciated.

Sounds like surgery would solve your problem a lot faster. This type of procedure is very simple, no risk. It's just like an inch or 2 of stitches. Then for like 2 weeks after getting stitches, it might be a little more uncomfortable than before, but once it heals you're good like nothing ever happened. You said now it's interfering with your magical ability, so do you think your magic would be strong enough to make such a physical difference in some short time? Not meaning to doubt you, it just seems like the surgery would get the job done much quicker, possibly months sooner than magic alone. You could be fixed and recovered in 2 weeks, maybe even less. My dad and some other family members had this done, they said there's very little discomfort and they were basically back to normal in like a week and a half. ;)

For magic, I guess working more on the solar chakra would help. And yoga.

I'll definitely take into consideration that route if acupuncture sessions doesn't fix it. As I'm counting on acupuncture to make a serious difference. I have never been diagnosed with hiatal hernia yet. But if it's found I'll take into consideration what you said. I've been going through a stressful time at the moment and once it gets easier I'll see if I notice improvements.

serpentwalker666 said:
I'll definitely take into consideration that route if acupuncture sessions doesn't fix it. As I'm counting on acupuncture to make a serious difference. I have never been diagnosed with hiatal hernia yet. But if it's found I'll take into consideration what you said. I've been going through a stressful time at the moment and once it gets easier I'll see if I notice improvements.

Hernias are usually gotten through car accidents. Or other spinal injuries.. like falling and landing improperly.. or being hit from behind and droven off your shoes..

There are other options aside from surgery like a chiropractor, to push your spine back into the shape its supposed to be. Surgery should be the last ever option.
The scarring of a surgery is damaging to the body and meridians.
Not to mention alteration of the body in this way isn't always beneficial at all.

What can you do? How severe are you overweight? Till how long ago were you able to move? Do you do yoga at all?

If you can't do yoga your energy can pool in places causing problems, perhaps like these. In that case, maybe do a bit less energy work? Also, considered the option of a blocked chakra. People been saying that if they had pain somewhere the chakra above was blocked?

Do you wait till your stomach is fully empty before eating again? Do you even sit up properly?

one more thing.

Do you drink a lot of peppermint tea (or any tea with peppermint / mint in it)? They say peppermint is to aid digestion, but in some people it is too strong on the stomach and causes a discomfortable feeling.

If so, leave the tea aside for a couple of days.

I'm aware that surgery causes issues with the meridians and blood flow. I do not drink tea lately. As I have had very bad insomnia where I barely can sleep more then 6 hours most nights. Which is another reason why I've been getting acupuncture. As I'm currently out of school as having to drop out and trying to sort all this shit out so i can function and get a job.

serpentwalker666 said:
I feel I have a hiatal hernia simply because it has gotten very hard for me to physically eat enough. I end up eating throughout the day, but when i eat i get a palpitations. I have took into consideration centralforces advice to exercise more. But depending on the day it's like there's a this knot near my diagram that makes physical activity hard. It's been to the point I've been going to acupuncture appointments in my area to try and sort this out. As it's even hard to chant mantras and it takes some effort as I feel like I'm choking on the contents of my stomach a majority of the time. So I end up doing a lot of energy work with my mind. But also keeping up the RTRS to the best of my ability. If this is the issue I am experiencing, I would like to avoid surgery. But I don't know what can be done. Any suggestions, like loosening muscles, massage are highly appreciated.

If you can't function in your daily life it's a problem. Sounds like psychosomatic to me, but in order to be sure I need further info, although you need to see doctor. If you experience a stressful period your body also experiences a stressful period as well, and  it is possible that your body is trying to show you that you need to slow down a bit.
Psychosomatic symptoms are thought to be caused or made worse by mental factors (depression, stress etc). In general they can be the response to chronic psychological tension.
At first you have to figure out if all these symptoms occur from a physical disease or not. You should visit a doctor in order to exclude the physical disease or if you do have any, to focus on your treatment.
If you do have a physical disease like the one you  mentioned it is prone to become worse by psychological factors. That is to say that the individual's mental state affects the degree of severity of the physical disease.
As a result a vicious cycle is created. You are stressed and the symptoms occur and vice versa. In order to brake the cycle you should figure out the cause, what happened to you first.
How long do you experience these symptoms? Did anything significant (positive or negative)  happened in your life that period? The symptoms have the same intensity now compared to when they first appeared? Are they worse?
You can use some relaxation techniques but these are not the solution. Relaxation techniques can eliminate temporarily the symptoms. Also your daily routine and diet may burden the situation.

You should try to eat small amounts of food at a time. Eat many times a day but small portions. After eating try not to do anything, just sit in a chair or lie down & relax. That way you will help your stomach loosen up, relax and accept the food. If possible 30 minutes after eating go for a 5-10 minute walk. This will help digestion.  Plan a healthy diet. Avoid fried food, tomato sauce, caffeine, tobacco and stressful situations.

There are some techniques could do in order to eliminate the uncomfortable symptoms (knot in your diaphragm and tight stomach) You can try this breathing technique:

Wear comfortable clothes and be sure that you have plenty of time available.
Lie on your back and bend the knees slightly.  Place a pillow beneath your knees and under your head.
Place one hand on your belly button (the palm facing your belly)
Place the other hand in the middle of your chest.
Slowly inhale from your nose and "fill" your stomach with air. Try not to move your chest a lot  while breathing. You want to breathe through your stomach.
Exhale through your mouth and empty all the air from your belly. You can tighten your muscles in your stomach having your abdomen fall inward at the first repetitions for more control. After you learn it you won't need to tighten your muscles.

You place your hands that way to have some more control of your body. In the inhale the hand placed on your belly should move forward. In the exhale it should return at the starting position. The hand placed on your chest should not move during the exercise.
Do the breathing slowly. Do about 10-12 repetitions per minute. When you finish feel your body, your stomach, your lungs & muscles in these areas. This exercise helps to use the whole lungs while breathing. It activates the parasympathetic system to elicit a relaxation response. It is a challenging technique, If you find it difficult I can recommend you another.

Combine this exercise with your daily meditation routine. You should focus on chakra spinning, chakra and aura cleaning, protection and empowerment. Use the new cleaning meditation HPs Maxine mentioned, it is very effective. Do yoga as much as you feel comfortable. 10 minutes today, 15 minutes tomorrow etc. You can also meditate and focus on your symptoms. How do you feel? Do you feel any pressure or pain? What feelings that triggers you? Do you picture anything? Keep in mind that only you can help yourself.  Devote some time to think and complete the puzzle.

I trying to manipulate the area I feel was tense, and it seems to finally made an improvement. As i mostly hold alot of my tension in my abdomen. Gently pulling pressure on both sides of the area right at the top of the ribs near the diaghram and cartilage area has helped alot. I slept 10 hours last night to make up for the time I lost. And I feel much better. It was sort of like a muscle spasm in that area, was all tense, causing difficulty breathing, and freeing up the tension really only seemed to work with this one different massage i tried.

As the problem is caused by stuck liver qi.. Massage will of course move the qi away from the area..

The key now is how to prevent the qi stagnating in the first place, a mental exercise in allowing emotional states to pass and not cause knotting.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back