Detoxifying the liver - is this good?

For Discussion about Health, Well-being, Traditional Remedies, and much more.

Moderator: HPS Shannon

Stormblood

Detoxifying the liver - is this good?

Postby Stormblood » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:17 pm

So I went to a new dermatologist about my skin problem and she said that, since I've been taking some prescriptions for six months and a half, I should know focusing on detoxifying the liver, rather than have other prescriptions. I have a good feeling about her since she looks like a relative and she's also into yoga, shiatsu and alternative forms of medicine, other than this dermatologist title. She prescribed two homeopathic products but she didn't suggest any change to my meal plan, since I already have a balanced diet rich in vegetables and fruit.

What I wanted to ask if the two products she prescribed are actually good things. One is called Guna basic and the other is called Epavin.

Guna Basic is in sachets and I only have to take the 1 per day before going to sleep. For 15 days. Here's the link to the product: https://guna.com/list/products/food-sup ... gunabasic/ The list of ingredients on the page is correct. It's only missing two things: silicon dioxide and a sweetener (stevia glycosides).

Epavin is in drops. She want me to dilute 40 drops in water and drink them during the morning. Then dilute another 40 in the afternoon and drink them through it. She said that, if I think that's too much, to reduce it to 30+30. Here is the link to the product: https://www.water-for-health.co.uk/epavin.html The list of ingredients on the website provided is correct.

So these are just herbal extracts and the first products also contain minerals.

Centralforce666

Re: Detoxifying the liver - is this good?

Postby Centralforce666 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:15 pm

Herbalists of the Western school invariably always suggest detoxification and invariably always use the same herbs:

- nettle
- dandelion
- artichoke
- milk thistle
- turmeric

All of which are contained in the products you have been given, with the addition of bamboo - a potent heat clearing, phlegm resolving herb.

This detoxification method is fine, except that it is only really suitable for people who have liver fire, which most of the world does not.

However, if the following symptom pattern matches you on at least 3-4 symptoms in the first line then it may be appropriate:

Burning pain under the ribs, strong fever, strong thirst, easy to anger and frustration, shoulder or hip pain worse in the heat, insomnia, restlessness & vexation, red complexion, red eyes, burning eyes.

Strong appetite, heart palpitations, infrequent dark coloured urine, strong pain somewhere in the body, pimples on the face, red and itchy skin.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 am

Well, I'd say only 1 in the first line (restlessness and vexation, which sometimes also expresses itself what I see called restless leg syndrome). Sometimes 2, because insomnia is much more infrequent now than it used to be some years ago.

I also meant to ask if you guys can advice any change to my diet to facilitate detoxification. But I forgot it in the original post. My bad. To add to reason for detoxifying the liver, this was proposed because I've been taking cortisone and anti-fungal for 6 months and a half.

MoonlessNight666

Postby MoonlessNight666 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:46 am

Which rune combinations would you guys reccomend if one wanted to have a runic cleanse on top of medication, I have some experiance with them but def. not a lot

Centralforce666

Postby Centralforce666 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Stormblood wrote:Well, I'd say only 1 in the first line (restlessness and vexation, which sometimes also expresses itself what I see called restless leg syndrome). Sometimes 2, because insomnia is much more infrequent now than it used to be some years ago.

I also meant to ask if you guys can advice any change to my diet to facilitate detoxification. But I forgot it in the original post. My bad. To add to reason for detoxifying the liver, this was proposed because I've been taking cortisone and anti-fungal for 6 months and a half.

The simplest way to look after the liver through dietary adjustments, which can be temporary or more long term, is to consume more green vegetables, in conjunction with your normal diet.

Extreme swings to eating large amounts of green smoothies etc. may actually be counterproductive as the over consumption of particular foods can lead to imbalances in other organs.

Simply adding these things to do your diet in a concentration higher than you consume currently will be enough to achieve what you are looking to do.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:22 am

Centralforce666 wrote:
Stormblood wrote:Well, I'd say only 1 in the first line (restlessness and vexation, which sometimes also expresses itself what I see called restless leg syndrome). Sometimes 2, because insomnia is much more infrequent now than it used to be some years ago.

The simplest way to look after the liver through dietary adjustments, which can be temporary or more long term, is to consume more green vegetables, in conjunction with your normal diet.

Extreme swings to eating large amounts of green smoothies etc. may actually be counterproductive as the over consumption of particular foods can lead to imbalances in other organs.

Simply adding these things to do your diet in a concentration higher than you consume currently will be enough to achieve what you are looking to do.

Alright. Thank you for your suggestions.