Balding and Hair Loss

For Discussion about Health, Well-being, Traditional Remedies, and much more.

Moderator: HPS Shannon

HPS Shannon

Balding and Hair Loss

Postby HPS Shannon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:54 am

This is a post from our member CentralForce. It was posted on the yahoo health group but I think it is a good idea to have this here so many can refer to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hair on the scalp arises from the Kidney Jing or Essence and is a reflection of the healthful exuberance thereof.

Rich, dark and thick hair indicates free flowing and abundant Kidney Essence which relates closely to the genetic blueprint but not entirely - it is also the expression of genes via free and unimpeded flow.

Persons who are balding could be one of a few things...

Essence deficiency is one, these people will typically bald early or never have hair to begin with and there is often deformation from birth or bone problems and cognitive impairment is often seen in these people. Their digestion is inclined to be terrible and often underlying chronic disease presents very early (people with a hole in the heart etc.). The eyesight and hearing of these people is likely to be very poor.

Blood deficiency can cause baldness, as blood is required to nourish the scalp as the 'soil' for the hair 'trees'. If the soil is bad or lacks moisture and nutrients, the hair falls out. These people often go bald very quickly (ie overnight) but there is hope for them as rebuilding blood with typically bring the hair back. They are more likely to have a receding hair line than go completely bald. They will also have accompanying dizziness, poor memory, possible heart palpitations, a sallow complexion (no gloss) and are often fatigued and find it difficult to get to sleep. Dryness of the eyes is another significant symptom in these people and they often suffer from vertex and occipital headaches. Often the triggering event for balding is internal or external wind which is characterized by muscle stiffness or frequent involuntarily muscle movement of any kind.

Kidney Yin deficiency can produce balding, and is characterized by excessive energy and restlessness, afternoon fever, night sweating and difficultly staying asleep, lumbar, hip or knee pain, headaches in the temples and occupit and thirst which is not overly strong but ever present.

Any major stagnation of qi or blood can also prevent essence, Yin or blood from reaching the scalp to nourish the hair, and this can be brought about by long term or strong emotional stimuli, or physical trauma (stops blood as in bruising). This kind of balding is likely to present in a patchy irregular balding pattern which gets worse over time. Often there is major digestive problems and pain is often implicated here. This is the kind of person whose body appears to be fine and nourished in some areas and severely deficient in others. Often these people also have problems with efficient fluid metabolism and as such may suffer from fluid build up or phlegm congestion. Constipation, or alternative constipation and diarrhea is highly likely with irritability, inflexibility both mentally and physically and loss of ability to gain an erecting with the presence of a functioning libido is possible in men. The pulse of such a person will be wiry, or irregular which indicates stagnation of qi and/or blood.

HorusLucis

Re: Balding and Hair Loss

Postby HorusLucis » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:47 am

Am 30 & I have noted of late,that my hairline is rapidly receding such that i have considered to shave all my hair "Jordan style" as my new style yet i have bushy facial hair which now seems to be growing rapidly that i have to trim my sideburns every now and then to maintain my style.so it kinda leaves me frustrated knowing i will have shave my head hair to comouflage the receding hairline.
www.exposingchristianity.org
FATHER SATAN IS THE GPS ON THE ROAD TO REDEMPTION OF MY SOUL!!

Ravenheart666

Postby Ravenheart666 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 am

If I'm not wrong , there was to be a second part to this post with a possible cure for the above symptoms, not to push anybody though , is just I'm a bit scared of this thing too..

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:50 am

HorusLucis wrote:Am 30 & I have noted of late,that my hairline is rapidly receding such that i have considered to shave all my hair "Jordan style" as my new style yet i have bushy facial hair which now seems to be growing rapidly that i have to trim my sideburns every now and then to maintain my style.so it kinda leaves me frustrated knowing i will have shave my head hair to comouflage the receding hairline.
http://www.exposingchristianity.org

Are you going to work to fix this issue?

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:51 am

Ravenheart666 wrote:If I'm not wrong , there was to be a second part to this post with a possible cure for the above symptoms, not to push anybody though , is just I'm a bit scared of this thing too..

Central Force is pretty busy lately. There are definitely ways for you to fix this issue in the meantime.

Are you experiencing hair loss as well?

HorusLucis

Postby HorusLucis » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 am

HPs Shannon,definitely,but well..,some tips?I'l appreciate your input greatly. ;)
Hail Satan!
www.exposingchristianity.org
FATHER SATAN IS THE GPS ON THE ROAD TO REDEMPTION OF MY SOUL!!

Ravenheart666

Postby Ravenheart666 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:19 am

HPS Shannon wrote:
Ravenheart666 wrote:If I'm not wrong , there was to be a second part to this post with a possible cure for the above symptoms, not to push anybody though , is just I'm a bit scared of this thing too..

Central Force is pretty busy lately. There are definitely ways for you to fix this issue in the meantime.

Are you experiencing hair loss as well?

Well yes and not really , but I can definitely observe a change in my front hairline , and also noted I'm letting lot of hair around the house .... I occasionally used some natural oil and applied on the retreating hairline area, but yeah at this point is only my fear of it more than anything else...(though I should persist more with treatment)
What chaught me more about this post was the excessive salivation issue wich is pretty damn present , especially when I'm stressed , it makes me feel pretty stupid because it's just a matter of how relaxed I am , there are days when I even not notice it and days that I constantly go in bathroom to spit it...also some digestion problems but that's more because of bad transits (anyways I'm allready working on it since yesterday , moon in scorpio)

Getting to the point , I was more intersted in getting to know if there's a more powerful solution for getting chi in the blood , like something more specific from yoga and/or power meditations combined with something else . What can I say , I'm opportunistic by nature , but I'd anyways follow my instincs for solving issues and find solutions on my own ,if alternatives aren't available. Thank you for reposting this and replying , and also a big thanks to Central Force for his efforts on the matter , it's a very useful topic.

Centralforce666

Postby Centralforce666 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:10 am

Ravenheart666, your issue is definitely related to stagnation.

Your emotions are affecting the free flow of qi and this is causing phlegm to accumulate, as a result of the stagnated qi negatively influencing digestion and body fluid distribution.

The issue for you is not adding more qi to the blood so to speak, as this will actually make things worse. It is far better for you to seek something which will break the qi stagnation and dry the phlegm.

My suggestion, if you can get a hold of it, and if you don't have any issues with high blood pressure is to combine Zhi Shi (immature bitter orange) with Xiang Fu (Cyperus Rhizome), Chai Hu (Bupleurum), and Bai Shao (White Peony) and take this for a week or so to see if the condition improves. It's unlikely you would see an impact on the hairline in this time but the excessive salivation and other complaints may improve.

An alternative to the above, if you are unable to sour e the individual herbs to create the above mixture is to use a similar pre-made formula called Si Ni San (do NOT confuse with Si Ni Tang which will make the condition worse). This will have a similar effect as three of the ingredients are the same.

Yoga and movement in general will also assist your condition alongside learning to relax, eat smaller meals more frequently and generally reducing the stress you are under or learning to deal with it better.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war

Larissa666

Postby Larissa666 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 pm

HP Shannon, why are mostly men affected by hair loss? It is so rare to see any woman with serious hair loss. (I don't know if I have seen at least one in my life). Is it because there is something in male energy flow which makes them more likely to have deficiency or blockage of energy flow?

BoRn of fire

Postby BoRn of fire » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:47 pm

HPS Shannon wrote:This is a post from our member CentralForce. It was posted on the yahoo health group but I think it is a good idea to have this here so many can refer to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hair on the scalp arises from the Kidney Jing or Essence and is a reflection of the healthful exuberance thereof.

Rich, dark and thick hair indicates free flowing and abundant Kidney Essence which relates closely to the genetic blueprint but not entirely - it is also the expression of genes via free and unimpeded flow.

Persons who are balding could be one of a few things...

Essence deficiency is one, these people will typically bald early or never have hair to begin with and there is often deformation from birth or bone problems and cognitive impairment is often seen in these people. Their digestion is inclined to be terrible and often underlying chronic disease presents very early (people with a hole in the heart etc.). The eyesight and hearing of these people is likely to be very poor.

Blood deficiency can cause baldness, as blood is required to nourish the scalp as the 'soil' for the hair 'trees'. If the soil is bad or lacks moisture and nutrients, the hair falls out. These people often go bald very quickly (ie overnight) but there is hope for them as rebuilding blood with typically bring the hair back. They are more likely to have a receding hair line than go completely bald. They will also have accompanying dizziness, poor memory, possible heart palpitations, a sallow complexion (no gloss) and are often fatigued and find it difficult to get to sleep. Dryness of the eyes is another significant symptom in these people and they often suffer from vertex and occipital headaches. Often the triggering event for balding is internal or external wind which is characterized by muscle stiffness or frequent involuntarily muscle movement of any kind.

Kidney Yin deficiency can produce balding, and is characterized by excessive energy and restlessness, afternoon fever, night sweating and difficultly staying asleep, lumbar, hip or knee pain, headaches in the temples and occupit and thirst which is not overly strong but ever present.

Any major stagnation of qi or blood can also prevent essence, Yin or blood from reaching the scalp to nourish the hair, and this can be brought about by long term or strong emotional stimuli, or physical trauma (stops blood as in bruising). This kind of balding is likely to present in a patchy irregular balding pattern which gets worse over time. Often there is major digestive problems and pain is often implicated here. This is the kind of person whose body appears to be fine and nourished in some areas and severely deficient in others. Often these people also have problems with efficient fluid metabolism and as such may suffer from fluid build up or phlegm congestion. Constipation, or alternative constipation and diarrhea is highly likely with irritability, inflexibility both mentally and physically and loss of ability to gain an erecting with the presence of a functioning libido is possible in men. The pulse of such a person will be wiry, or irregular which indicates stagnation of qi and/or blood.
hello Hp thanks for posting this here as I had difficulties getn onto that
Side

BoRn of fire

Postby BoRn of fire » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:53 pm

For me as Hp Shannon has adviced me started using supplements with certain vitamins in like vitamin e biotin those sort of things and I'm using castor oil and hair foods containing Amla a Ayurvedic remedy Iv read that coconut oil helps too wich I'll get soon it seems like this sort of healing process obviously won't happen over night and it has effected my confidence and stuff wich I'm slowly Tryna grow out of as it's not cool seeing a full haired dude while my hair ain't looking so cool lol

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:30 pm

BoRn of fire wrote:For me as Hp Shannon has adviced me started using supplements with certain vitamins in like vitamin e biotin those sort of things and I'm using castor oil and hair foods containing Amla a Ayurvedic remedy Iv read that coconut oil helps too wich I'll get soon it seems like this sort of healing process obviously won't happen over night and it has effected my confidence and stuff wich I'm slowly Tryna grow out of as it's not cool seeing a full haired dude while my hair ain't looking so cool lol

Did you and I privately email?

Right now, topical things are not the prime healing tool you should go to, since hair is governed by the hormones and kidneys, its bets to start to balance the body--the kidneys especially. There are a couple of things you can do. Bone broths are great for nourishing the kidneys. Kidney qigong is excellent. Yoga as it works on the endocrine system, and giving your body the overall material needed to grow new hair. There are also herbs for that especially in traditional chinese medicine,, you can ask Central Force for this as this is his specialty.

Actually I can post a pdf on kidney center to massage and work on for this. as well as vitamins and supplements for hair growth if anyone is interested.

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:31 pm

HorusLucis wrote:HPs Shannon,definitely,but well..,some tips?I'l appreciate your input greatly. ;)
Hail Satan!
http://www.exposingchristianity.org

I replied already in this thread at the bottom for more tips on healing that.

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:47 pm

Larissa666 wrote:HP Shannon, why are mostly men affected by hair loss? It is so rare to see any woman with serious hair loss. (I don't know if I have seen at least one in my life). Is it because there is something in male energy flow which makes them more likely to have deficiency or blockage of energy flow?

Hi, Larissa. I apologize for the late response.

I'm not exactly sure but I do know that testosterone is responsible primarily for hair production which is why men have way more hair on their bodies overall than women. Women have testosterone too but way less with varying degrees more or less and estrogen factors in- it has its own properties. I think the reason why hair loss in men is very apparent is this drop in testosterone, due to age and or hormonal imbalance-- causing dramatic results as this is the driving and primary hormone in men, when it drops, you will see it manifest as so. Women lose hair too but slower and since estrogen is one of, if not the only, primary and driving hormone, when it drops, it will manifest as menopause, etc.

666Taurus666

Postby 666Taurus666 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:06 am

HPS Shannon wrote:Actually I can post a pdf on kidney center to massage and work on for this. as well as vitamins and supplements for hair growth if anyone is interested.

I would be quite interested in that! Thank you for sharing these informations.

So, are coconut or castor oil a little beneficial or not at all? I thought coconut oil was like a cure for everything.

And can someone who is experiencing hair loss do some kind of magic working along with kidney/hormone balancing?
HAIL SATAN
AUM...

BoRn of fire

Postby BoRn of fire » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 am

HPS Shannon wrote:
BoRn of fire wrote:For me as Hp Shannon has adviced me started using supplements with certain vitamins in like vitamin e biotin those sort of things and I'm using castor oil and hair foods containing Amla a Ayurvedic remedy Iv read that coconut oil helps too wich I'll get soon it seems like this sort of healing process obviously won't happen over night and it has effected my confidence and stuff wich I'm slowly Tryna grow out of as it's not cool seeing a full haired dude while my hair ain't looking so cool lol

Right now, topical things are not the prime healing tool you should go to, since hair is governed by the hormones and kidneys, its bets to start to balance the body--the kidneys especially. There are a couple of things you can do. Bone broths are great for nourishing the kidneys. Kidney qigong is excellent. Yoga as it works on the endocrine system, and giving your body the overall material needed to grow new hair. There are also herbs for that especially in traditional chinese medicine,, you can ask Central Force for this as this is his specialty.

Actually I can post a pdf on kidney center to massage and work on for this. as well as vitamins and supplements for hair growth if anyone is interested.
yes we did it's the dude from South Africa plz do post as I'm interested Iam using supplements for it tho now with good levels of biotin vitamin e etc I'll research the kidney qigong thanks hp

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:17 am

666Taurus666 wrote:
HPS Shannon wrote:Actually I can post a pdf on kidney center to massage and work on for this. as well as vitamins and supplements for hair growth if anyone is interested.

I would be quite interested in that! Thank you for sharing these informations.

So, are coconut or castor oil a little beneficial or not at all? I thought coconut oil was like a cure for everything.

And can someone who is experiencing hair loss do some kind of magic working along with kidney/hormone balancing?
HAIL SATAN

I wouldnt recommend putting castor oil on the scalp as it can block oxygen and other things from the air follicle and cause hair fall...Its a heavy oil.

Coconut oil is good internally and topically for hair but to get to the root of problems like hair loss, one has to really put in work to restore balance.

You can definitely do a working to restore your hair loss.

Some primary vitamins and minerals for hair:

MSM/sulfur
Biotin and all of the B vitamins
Vitamin C
Pure Vitamins A and D
Collagen protein
Zinc, Copper and Selenium
Vitamin E
Iron

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:18 am

BoRn of fire wrote:
HPS Shannon wrote:

yes we did it's the dude from South Africa plz do post as I'm interested Iam using supplements for it tho now with good levels of biotin vitamin e etc I'll research the kidney qigong thanks hp

I just posted some.

NightKiss666

Postby NightKiss666 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:44 am

I'm 18 and the essence deficiency sounds like my current, 15+ year long issue. Looking at younger pictures of myself I've had hair in areas that are now totally barren. I've tried a number of workings to regulate this issue of mine. From the Thurisaz rune for healing, the sun, and the trine affirmation method. My baldspots have follicles that are considered "dead" by many. I refuse to give up on my search for a resolution to my lifelong and self-conscious problem... Blood flow :D I thank you for this post. I will use this for a new working to fix my balding issue :)
"Without great solitude, no serious work is possible." - Picasso

BoRn of fire

Postby BoRn of fire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:10 am

NightKiss666 wrote:I'm 18 and the essence deficiency sounds like my current, 15+ year long issue. Looking at younger pictures of myself I've had hair in areas that are now totally barren. I've tried a number of workings to regulate this issue of mine. From the Thurisaz rune for healing, the sun, and the trine affirmation method. My baldspots have follicles that are considered "dead" by many. I refuse to give up on my search for a resolution to my lifelong and self-conscious problem... Blood flow :D I thank you for this post. I will use this for a new working to fix my balding issue :)
hi has the workings uve done for hair been any good ?

Hps.mlimlal666

Postby Hps.mlimlal666 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm

People with vitamin D deficiency can experience hair loss.
Hail Satan and all Gods of Duat .

666Taurus666

Postby 666Taurus666 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm

So, the things to do in order to get at the "root" of the problem are:
1 kidney qigong to restore kidney qi
2 yoga
3 taking vitamin supplements/good nutrition
Is there anything else to do, in the first stages of solving that issue?
AUM...

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:36 pm

666Taurus666 wrote:So, the things to do in order to get at the "root" of the problem are:
1 kidney qigong to restore kidney qi
2 yoga
3 taking vitamin supplements/good nutrition
Is there anything else to do, in the first stages of solving that issue?

That is definitely a good start as you have to balance your physical body and energetic one. The body works in stages and cannot be rushed to rearrange things back to normal when healing. I always find that basic nutrition is enough to kick start balance and healing.

Centralforce666

Postby Centralforce666 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Essence deficiency is very difficult to treat but once one can identify the main trend of symptoms, herbal treatment can be applied.

For essence deficiency accompanied by cold, lethargy, edema, sore lower back and knees, shortness of breath, depression, frequent urination and nocturia, reduced libido and increased susceptibility to infection a Kidney Yang tonic is advisable.

This includes codryceps, formulas such as Shen Qi Wan and Bai Ji Yin Yang Wan.

For essence deficiency manifesting as Kidney Yin Deficiency predominantly, with the symptoms described in the previous post then Liu Wei Di Huang Wan, Zhi Bai Di Huang Wan (where there is extreme heat in the body), Ming Mu Di Huang Wan or Qing Hao Bai Jia Tang where the eyes are dry and there are liver symptoms.

For generalised blood deficiency, Si Wu Wan is enough, but if there is poor circulation then Tao Hong Si Wu Wan assists, and in severe blood deficiency or blood deficiency with kidney deficiency symptoms then Qi Bao Mai Ren Tang applies.

Qi Bao Mai Ren Tang translates to 7 treasures for beautiful hair (beard) however it contains He Shou Wu, a powerful hair tonic which can also be toxic to some people.

The plant name is Fallopia Multiflorum which has been known to induce dose dependent liver damage in a small fraction of the population.

It is not expensive but if you buy it on its own I recommend that you use it with care and in small amounts at least initially.

It is recommended to cook for 30 minutes in boiling water and take the tea to restore hair but it may also give you loose stools and flatus if the digestion is weakened in any way.

I am going to open myself up to private individual cases of hair loss and a stronger focus here in the group for anyone who wants to consult me for a more individual diagnosis and treatment recommendation using herbs.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war