Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

My cat gnaws shoes

Noctur

Greetings,

I have a male cat that has been with me for three years. In the last six months, he has developed a habit of gnawing on shoes, specifically on the white soles at the bottom of the shoes.

I have tried various solutions to stop him from gnawing on my shoes, such as pouring cologne on them and moving them to a different location, but he still continues to gnaw on them.

This behavior is becoming a problem for me, and I am in need of a solution.

Do you have any advice on how I can get my cat to stop gnawing on my shoes?

Avoid pouring cologne or any other chemicals on your shoes as these substances can be toxic to your cat. Additionally, never hit your cat or engage in any form of physical punishment. I know some people do this to cats, because it originates from the myth that punishing dogs is good for their behavior, and it's completely wrong. Not saying you do this, but even if you just get mad at him, he will feel this, and your relationship will be broken.

To provide your cat with entertainment and stimulation, consider getting toys and items such as cat trees that he can interact with. You can also try using toys with catnip inside them to pique his interest and make playtime more enjoyable for him. These options can help satisfy your cat's natural instincts and reduce his likelihood of chewing on your shoes or other inappropriate items.

If you're unable to devote enough time to play with your cat, you may want to consider getting another cat as a playmate for him. Introducing a new cat can be challenging in the beginning stages, but it will be worth it in the long run, if they manage to get along (some cats never do, though). Make sure to do your research and ensure that you're able to provide for all of their needs.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back