Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Help, my cat got addicted to Whiskas

Camila Javiera

Hello.

My cat is behaving like a drug addict. I bought him a packet of whiskas brand wet food and now he asks for more and more. He had never behaved like this. First time eating one of those packets.

What I can do? :(

Hypatia666 said:
Hello.

My cat is behaving like a drug addict. I bought him a packet of whiskas brand wet food and now he asks for more and more. He had never behaved like this. First time eating one of those packets.

Well, what did you feed him before? If this new food far surpasses any meal he's previously had, then it's normal, feed him right. Still I stick to one brand so I can only guess as to why that happened to you.

Hypatia666 said:
Hello.

Some of these foods or treats are like this, due to additives they put in it. Dry foods are usually worse because the manufacturer has to compensate the flavor, as the food itself has been basically nuked in an oven.

As a pet owner, it is your responsibility to keep him healthy and guide him on good behaviors. In other words, don't give into him just because he whines or something. It is not his fault or anything, because he is being exposed to unnatural food choices, but don't make the situation worse. He is not in pain or anything, despite his whining.

Simply change the food to a better brand. After a few days, or even less, he will forget about the old food.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back