Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Giving a Pet a Gods name

F_For_Flamingo

I just found out yesterday that Haagenti is my Guardian, thanks to a cat that i have been feeding for a few days now(it started living in my yard). I have never seen such a beautifull cat, her facial features are truly amazing.

I didn't know how to call her. And when I said Haagenti it fit her perfectly, and i had a really good feeling.

Now this good feeling that I am having could be that im happy that I am finally conciously connected to my Guardian, so i wanna ask Is it okay for me to call the cat Haagenti?

Cheers!

It is most likely an honor to Haagenti that you've named a creature after her that brings you such happiness.
This cat may be a gift from Haagenti in the form of a familiar. The cat Haagenti may help you in meditations, and I had a visiting stray black cat act as a temporary familiar recently. Their purring is meditative for me and I'm positive they can sense energies.
The cat that similarly visited me left to his freedom after I did an energy working on him and he seemed to be content with his vagabond life as he never wanted to accept coming in my house. He still visits sometimes but rarely.
This happens to me with birds as well, usually two doves land very nearby and just watch me intently. It happened with a red squirrel once too. The squirrel came so close that I thought it was going to jump in my lap. Lol.
Sounds as if you've been gifted a familiar. I suggest cleaning this cat's aura and doing an AOP on it.
Congrats on your new friend. Hail Satan!

I was also wondering the same. I few years ago my mom gave me a cat who was named Bastet. I didn't change the name but I started to be more interested what his name means. When I dedicated I was thinking if it's okay that my cat is named like that. I love him very much but he likes to disturb my medtations very often and I need to pet and hug him to calm him down a little. Now I'm starting to think more about it :O

Personally I wouldn't, I wouldn't want to angrily shout [Demon name]!!!!! When my dog is about to do something very stupid.

Aquarius said:
Personally I wouldn't, I wouldn't want to angrily shout [Demon name]!!!!! When my dog is about to do something very stupid.

That's a thing when I feel bad when I need to stop my cat from peeing on my bed sheets. Screaming name makes me uneasy.

Aquarius said:

Yeah I decided against it, since i gotta keep her away from my pigeons , and shouting the Gods name angerly is not really good xD. Thanks for the insight.
Cheers!

SagittarianMage said:
It is most likely an honor to Haagenti that you've named a creature after her that brings you such happiness.
This cat may be a gift from Haagenti in the form of a familiar. The cat Haagenti may help you in meditations, and I had a visiting stray black cat act as a temporary familiar recently. Their purring is meditative for me and I'm positive they can sense energies.
The cat that similarly visited me left to his freedom after I did an energy working on him and he seemed to be content with his vagabond life as he never wanted to accept coming in my house. He still visits sometimes but rarely.
This happens to me with birds as well, usually two doves land very nearby and just watch me intently. It happened with a red squirrel once too. The squirrel came so close that I thought it was going to jump in my lap. Lol.
Sounds as if you've been gifted a familiar. I suggest cleaning this cat's aura and doing an AOP on it.
Congrats on your new friend. Hail Satan!

Thanks, but I decided against naming her like a God. Anyhow thank you for your insights.
Cheers!

Aquarius said:

Same mate, alot of folk are buying "devil dogs" ears clipped they look dangerous, few boys i know have called them Satan etc.

Aquarius said:
I never thought of it that way. I'm glad you're here!

Aquarius said:

I agree here...

I don't want to sound insulting, but...

Having a dog, like, named after a god, even...

Yeah, probably not the best moves...

I think this is a hard no. While animals are indeed sacred, they are not too particularly high on the evolutionary ladder. I feel like giving an animal a God's name is, however well-intentional it may be, is denigrating in the end. There are far more fitting names, Satanic names, symbolic names, or the names of sacred animals (for example, calling your bird Ibis). I don't think calling them God names is fitting at all.

It's taken as insulting even if you give them human names, no? I'm open to objections but it feels pretty wrong to me. And that's not even to mention Brother Aquarius' take, which I would have mentioned if he hadn't.

It's just too much of a cost for so little return. So much room for accidental blasphemy, so little gains. It's not like the Gods are heavily judgmental and will smite you for these things but, it's more about us than it is about Them. Why put yourself into a position where you could possibly overcasualize something as unfathomably sacred as a God's holy name?

I wonder how it would be as an experiment if someone named an animal after themselves. Giving the pet your own name, and filling it up with love and good treatment, would it potentially cause you to treat yourself better?

Like if my name is Charles, I name my dog Charles, and then give "Charles" a lot of love.

It might be hilarious with girls too. "OH what a sweety! What's his name?"
"Charles."
"Well I got to go. Nice meeting you Charles! ;) By the way, I'm Kate. What's your name?"
"Charles."
"o_O"

jrvan said:
I wonder how it would be as an experiment if someone named an animal after themselves. Giving the pet your own name, and filling it up with love and good treatment, would it potentially cause you to treat yourself better?

Like if my name is Charles, I name my dog Charles, and then give "Charles" a lot of love.

It might be hilarious with girls too. "OH what a sweety! What's his name?"
"Charles."
"Well I got to go. Nice meeting you Charles! ;) By the way, I'm Kate. What's your name?"
"Charles."
"o_O"

Your idea made me curious and now I want to try it somehow, but I'm not able to (luckily probably).

OuroborphicMystery said:
I think this is a hard no. While animals are indeed sacred, they are not too particularly high on the evolutionary ladder. I feel like giving an animal a God's name is, however well-intentional it may be, is denigrating in the end. There are far more fitting names, Satanic names, symbolic names, or the names of sacred animals (for example, calling your bird Ibis). I don't think calling them God names is fitting at all.

It's taken as insulting even if you give them human names, no? I'm open to objections but it feels pretty wrong to me. And that's not even to mention Brother Aquarius' take, which I would have mentioned if he hadn't.

It's just too much of a cost for so little return. So much room for accidental blasphemy, so little gains. It's not like the Gods are heavily judgmental and will smite you for these things but, it's more about us than it is about Them. Why put yourself into a position where you could possibly overcasualize something as unfathomably sacred as a God's holy name?

I tend to agree. A name, properly, is a challenge to its owner---something to live up to. I doubt very much that even the best dog is aware of that or can benefit. The same holds for people: in all honesty are you (me, too) big enough for the moniker you adopt in doing magic? Are you really willing to fight to grow into the name?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back